Reading up on the Reading

OOC First Name
Athrawne
The library, was as always, one of his favorite places to be. Thus far, within the confines of this admittedly impressive castle, it was his only favorite place. Having come here after his Defense Against the Dark Arts (that sounded so much better to him then "DADA") class, Damian figured he'd do a little reading about what exactly these Dark Arts were, and why they were considered dark as compared to other forms of magic.

Based on the name itself, he could hazard a very good guess, and it probably involved things like inflicting copious amounts of pain and suffering on any unfortunate souls. Or perhaps using their souls in creatively disturbing and horrifying ways. Damian took himself to the appropriate section in the library, and after spending several minutes scanning the spines, pulled out a likely looking title and brought it to a nearby table.

Opening the book, and arranging himself into an appropriately comfortable position, he began to read. Beside the book was a sheaf of parchments, and he began jotting down notes, eyes never leaving the page he was reading.

Mazikeen was walking through the library trying to find a specific book that she would need, but she was having no such luck. She didn't have much homework yet, but she was preempting that she would need it. The girl as she did this noted a boy from her house, one she'd been sorted with. The gryffindor walked over and took a seat next to him, noting his notes were already being worked on, "Whatcha doing?" she asked with a friendly tone, "We don't have any homework yet," the girl couldn't help but say. She knew that some people preferred working, but she couldn't understand it when the weather was good and they had so much else they could do. The girl smiled at him before holding out her hand to him, "I'm Mazikeen, we're in the house and year," she introduced herself to him with a bright and friendly expression. She hoped the boy wouldn't mind her interrupting him, maybe he was the type that was made happy by the work, but she couldn't help herself from talking to him. From sitting next to him.

The quill paused mid word, and Damian looked up. He leaned back, rotating his head to get the kinks out of his neck as the quill finished the last word and was set down. "Yeah, I know. I was simply curious." The boy took the proffered hand, and shook it. "I'm Damian. Damian Horowitz." The boy took a moment to inspect this newcomer; a fellow first year like him with blond hair that contrasted well with the grey eyes.

He waved a negligent hand at the scribbles. "I'm the first in my family to be magical, so I was curious about certain aspects of the magical world. So I came to do a little background reading." Damian turned towards the newcomer. "What about you? I wouldn't think many people would be in the library on a day like this if they had a choice."

Mazikeen nodded at what the boy said, being curious made sense, everyone was pretty curious about this place it seemed, some about the reading others about what things this school had to offer them in terms of adventures. Mazikeen had to admit she liked both, she was interested by both, but she would’ve certainly waited until they were a few weeks in before she spent extended time in the library. She held out her hand to shake his, ”Nice to meet you Damian,” she said with a warm smile, happy to meet someone else who was in her house and likely as nice as the rest of them. She was surprised that he was the first of his family to be magical, even if she’d been adopted Maze knew that she was from a magical background, ”That’s cool,” she said, ”You have so much to discover,” Maze told him excitedly, ”I was looking for a specific book, my parents let me take one of their old books for school, but I think it’s a little out of date, so I wanted to find it, so I could check it against it,” The girl explained to him. She had to think it was pretty amazing to be the first of their family to be at magical school, to discover the magic. Maze had to wonder just how much catching up a person had to do for that, ”If you ever need advice or want to know something, I’d happily tell you, I’m no expert but I know a little.” Maze offered excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back