RAVENCLAW STUDENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola Rowann

Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Dragonstone
(RAVENCLAW students! Come out, watch the Quidditch game, and cheer for your team!
(Ignore this first post and just start RPing after it :) )

Shalamar walked out to the pitch but did not follow all the other students up into the stands, she may have been brave enough to fly with Henric but she most certainly was not fool enough to attempt to climb away up that high into the stands to watch the players whip past. She stayed standing by the entrance as she always did and watched the teams walk out onto the pitch. A smile strayed to her perfect mouth as she saw Henric walk to the bench, her heart betrayed her by skipping happily at the very sight of him. A deep breath to calm herself before wishing fervently that he would be safe and would have a good game. She had seen how reckless he could be in the air, had witnessed the tactics he used on the opposition but could not fault him for wanting his team to win. Looking about her she pulled her robe tight about her, as the rain drizzled down.

Quidditch. A more deplorable game Ai could not imagine. Everything was much too loud and it gave people reason to be much to close. Yet she was sitting in the stands her face straight as she looked up at the sky at the game going on. Not that she needed to watch. She could hear that annoying voice even louder here. Why exactly she was here she didn't know. Showing school spirit? She could say that if anyone asked. It was spring and really much too bright so Ai was hidden under a large black umbrella and looking up. All her efforts went into not looking at the boy in the commentator's box.

The game played itself out, each player as formidable as his or her opponent but her eyes could only stay on one player. She did not flinch when he set up some horrendous plays but rather kept herself perfectly still, willing herself to watch the person he had tried to warn her about. There was no difference in her feelings though. It was too late, she knew that now. She felt utterly foolish that at the tender age of thirteen she was even contemplating that she had fallen in love with him but she knew it as surely as she knew her name and the purity of her blood. The time ticked slowly and the rain fell all the while. Shalamar didn't seem to mind it at all, as the drips fell from her now sodden face. Dripping from her hair down her back, her hood having fallen long ago from her constant looking up into the sky.

The game ended with a victory for the Gryffindors, tempted as she was to walk to him Shalamar stayed still by the entrance gate finally pulling her hood up against the rain but it didn't matter any more. She saw him land and go to the seeker from the other house, pick her up effortlessly and throw her over her shoulder. He had no where to go but to pass her as he left the pitch to bring the girl to the hospital wing. Whistling as he went, she knew he had not even noticed her. She was nothing to him after all. Once he had passed she removed her hood again and lifted her head to the rain that fell down in gentle drops on to her face.

Danny had pretty much gone to see both games, still disbelieving that Hufflepuff had beaten last years champions but figured they had more to prove this year. Naturally he had not seen last years game but it was still talked about with humiliation. As he clapped at the victory of Gryffindor he left the stands to go and head back to his dorm before the stands completely emptied. As he past through the entrance gate he saw a familiar face and smiled as he walked over to her.
"Hi there enjoying the rain?"

Turning her head at the voice she had all but forgotten, Shalamar stared into the hazel eyes of Daniel Boyd. She offered him a smile before turning around to head back in the direction of the castle.
"The rain washes many things away Daniel, indescretions, pain, mortification, pride and ..." she wanted the rain to simply wash her feelings away, give her new life and hope where there never seemed to be any now. Her life was mapped out, planned for her against her will and now her heart had decided to make plans of its own. She felt as if she were in control of nothing.
"Did you enjoy the game?" she began walking towards the school allowing him to walk with her if he so chose.

He didn't delve into the enigmatic answer she gave, not really sure if he wanted to but he had recognised the guy walking off the pitch with the Gryffindor seeker in his arms as the one who had gone to Shalamar's rescue that day in the sky. Well another guys misfortune was anothers luck. Danny thought the other fella must have rocks in his head to have simply walked past Shalamar but he didn't know their history if there was one. Right now he was only interested in creating one for himself.

Smiling he nodded his head.
"Yah it was alright I guess. A bit slow paced, there were a few good moments but nothing spectacular. I was expecting more" he glanced shrewdly at her wondering a gazillion things as he fell into step beside her yanking up his own hood against the rain. It was only a slight drizzle now though.

"Do you go to all the quidditch games?"

She allowed his words to wash over her, her mind was too busy concentrating on all the little pointers, the insignificant details that had led up to Henric whistling as he had passed her. Slowly she closed her eyes before opening them once more and glancing out across the misty late afternoon sky. Grey like she felt within and all around. How did she leave herself get so caught up like this? It wasn't her, it simply wasn't. Catching his last few words, Shalamar carefully turned her head in Daniels direction.

"I do to the Slytherin games" she admitted, realizing how stupid she had been by these words alone. Had she not always detested the game? Despised it? And yet here she was attending them as if it enthralled her no end. Disgust ripped through her.

"Can we talk of other things besides this school and quidditch... please?" her deep brown eyes pleaded with him, if she had to attempt to banish Henric Lee from her very soul then she would but she was not going to be a fool for him or any boy.

Daniel smiled at her suggestion an idea forming as he cast admiring glances her way.
"Ok how's this for a change of subject then? Who is taking you to the Yule Ball this year?" was it just simply way too forward of him? It wasn't as if they knew each other but the fun would be in the getting there wouldn't it?

His hazel eyes were clouded almost guarded as he waited to hear what she had to say.
He had often flirted with many girls but this was new, Danny wanted to get to know her. Hoping that it wasn't another Clarice situation all over again he looked back over his shoulder and caught sight of the Gryffindor captain. Her red hair lay matted down her back because of the rain but she had probably never looked lovelier. Confused he looked at Shalamar once more. Here there was an innocence, a purity of spirit and person that he had never found before. She held his curiosity better than any one had yet. He didn't have the compulsion to flirt outrageously or tease her maddeningly, Danny simply wanted to talk. Get to know her and if in the mean time something happened between them, all the better.

She stopped walking not looking at him or anywhere else imparticular as his question struck her. Knowing that she would like to go to see what the ball was like and wanting to attend it were two entirely different things. Could her curiousity really take her there? She had no dress for the occasion though knew her grandmother would send on one of the many silken gowns she had at home. But he wasn't asking her to go, he was simply asking who she was attending it with. Henric's retreating figure loomed into her consciousness and filtered away as she began to walk on again.

He would never ask her and she was not one to stand around waiting for him to either.
"This year? you say it as if I attend it every year. I have never been and no one has asked" was it humiliating to admit this aloud to Daniel. She didn't feel so, just a slight embarrassment that she had never contemplated going before.

Perhaps it was a bit forward and a little brazen of him but Danny couldn't help putting his hand beneath her elbow to stay her insistent walking.
"I'm asking" he told her in no uncertain terms, "Would you like to attend the ball with me?"

Could he honestly say no strings attached? No, there was no point in putting that out there. If something were to happen between them well and good, all the better in fact. He turned his best smile on for her as he waited for her answer.

She felt the hand beneath her elbow and flinched at the solicitous touch. No one had ever dared touch her without her consent at least not before Henric. The feeling was alien to her yet not utterly unpleasant.
"I am sorry" she heard his request and hoped he did not think she would willingly just say yes. There were other matters to consider in this, she would of course need her parents permission to attend it otherwise even her grandmother would not send her on a dress suitable for the occasion but would they relent to her attending a formal function with a boy? Shalamar wasn't so sure. Closing her eyes and lowering her head she sighed. Part of her wished to go simply to see what it was like and another part of her wanted to go simply to torture herself to see who Henric would dance with if he went at all. In no part of her thoughts had Daniel entered and she shook her head. It would be unfair to him completely then.

"I cannot go with you. My parents are very strict about these things. I am sorry" she told him continuing on once more after extricating her elbow from his grip.

Feeling her flinch from his touch made him involuntarily flinch himself. He hadn't meant to be so offensive to her. She gave what he termed a feeble enough excuse before walking away from him again. With more determination in his long stride he easily caught up with her and stood in front of her to block her way purposefully.

"Wait, stop just walking off on me will you?" he ran a hand through his unruly blond hair as he looked into her brown eyes. She really was beautiful, totally striking.
"There is always a way. Don't just say no, unless you really want too"

Shalamar pulled up short, her initial instinct was to fall back into a defensive stance but she just managed to stop herself. He wasn't about to attack her after all, he simply wanted to harass her some more about attending the dance. She sighed and chose to look up into his hazel eyes. He was a very attractive boy but she had enough problems already with boys adding a third to her small list was simply too much for her.

The almost pleading note in his voice made her question her abrupt decision. He wasn't begging her either, simply asking her to reconsider. Did she really want to say no? or just say no to him? He was a lovely boy, she would give him that credit at least but could she really write to her parents and ask their permission to attend the ball? Perhaps she could simply write to her grandmother and explain her situation. The thought appealed to her somewhat. Sitting alone in her dorm dreaming the night away about dancing in Henric Lee's arms would just have to wait for another time. She nodded her head slowly.

"There may be a way. I will say yes Daniel but please do not keep barring my way. I do not have to resort to magic to have an obstacle removed" she told him lightly, "I will contact you if I can definitely make it. Now please may I continue?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back