Random Encounters

Alexia Evenstar

OOC First Name
Crystal
The amount of hours Alexia spent aimlessly walking the corridors of the Hogwarts castle was unknown to her. She preferred to walk outside or in the outer corridors of the castle, but with winter setting she resorted to being inside. During winter when she was at Hogwarts in her first year she had spent much time finding short cuts all over the castle. She often explored with friends, enjoying the rush of excitement when they found a new, undiscovered path. And now, on her return to Hogwarts six years later Alexia continued to walk the corridors, but never feeling the excitement she once did, now she did it alone to distract herself from the boredom and loneliness she felt. Leaving France had been her dream ever since she was forced to go back midway through her first school year, but after only being back with her father for a short time she was again forced to leave him to attend school. Alexia was quite disheartened about being away from her father again so being back at Hogwarts was both a blessing and a curse for her.

Earlier that day Alexia had been reading quietly in the Hufflepuff Common Room, but due to its sudden over crowding she was forced to leave. Evicted from her comfortable chair by the window she threw her book into her black leather bag and set off, looking for a nice spot to continue reading. Alexia explored all over the fourth floor and found every nice spot had already been taken by groups of students chatting among themselves. She chose to avoid going to the Library, as in the winter weather others would have sought refuge there. Moving on she ascended the stairwell up to the fifth floor, Alexia knew the only important room on that floor where the Transfiguration Classroom and seeming as classes had not started up yet it seemed like a somewhat quiet place to go. Walking the corridors she could not hear the sound of voices or footsteps other then her own. She wondered around for a while longer looking for any other people and trying to find the best spot to sit and read, preferably by a window where she could look out onto the grounds. Alexia finally came to the conclusion that there was no one else around and that she had had enough of wondering, she rummaged through her bag as she walked, trying to find the book which had fallen to the bottom underneath all her other stuff. She was not paying any attention at this point and as she rounded a corner Alexia was not aware of the presents of another person...

stefan was walking the corridors again. this wasnt the first time he had done this today but he didnt really care. the pat couple of months had been hard on him. especially since micheal had died. he had slowly beame more distance from school and his friends. as he walked he kept his head down. he didnt realise there was someone else in this corridor and he walked into them. "hey watch were youre going." he snapped

The collision caught Alexia off guard, the book she had reached for inside her bag tumbled out onto the floor and she was close to following it. Steadying herself her hand clasped onto the closest thing it could find; the strangers forearm. It wasn't until she had regained her composure that she realized what she was doing. Blushing, Alexia released her grip and took a quick step away. The stranger was not in a very good mood and snapped at her for not watching where she was going. Alexia quickly apologized not wanting to annoy the stranger anymore than she had already done, 'Alexia you idiot...' she silently scolded herself and cursed.
"I'm really sorry" Alexia spoke quickly, "I didn't expect anyone to be here and I wasn't watching where I was going."
She shook her head and looked away from him. Noticing what she had dropped she bent down quickly to pick up her fallen book. She stepped away from the stranger again and awkwardly shifted her feet unsure if he was going to say something or if she should just take the opportunity to flee down the corridor and forget her embarrassment.

"its fine honestly." he said to her when she apologised. "it was my fault i wasnt looking where i was going." he addmitted. he looked over the person he had collided with and noticed her colours. "hey youre a puff right?" he asked her

Alexia was quite surprised to hear an apology, she somewhat expected him to continue on walking and ignore her. She was appreciative it though, they were both too wrapped up in their own thoughts to notice the others approach and were both at fault for the incident. His demeanor had changed slightly and it was obvious to Alexia that he had not been angry at her for colliding into him, but was already in an unpleasant mood, Alexia understood that well. The stranger then noted that she was in Hufflepuff, having noticed her colours. Alexia look down at the yellow on her clothes before turning her gaze back towards the stranger who wore the same.
"Ah, yeah. Seventh year puff" Alexia confirmed with a smile and a nod, trying to be friendly "My names Alexia." She greeted sliding her book into her left hand and extending her right towards the stranger.

stefan calmened down a bit. he hadnt seen her and that was that even though they were wrapped up in thoughts. "nice to meet you im stefan." he said shaking her hand. he wasnt sure what to make of this puff. "so what brings you to this side of the castle alexia?"

"And you too, Stefan" Alexia agreed, pleased to put a name to the person who stood in front of her. Stefan then asked why she was there and she paused for a moment before answering, almost forgetting why she was up on the Fifth Floor corridor. Alexia waved the book she held in her left hand in front of her,
"I got somewhat evicted from the Hufflepuff Common Room" She answered with a small laugh, although she was quite annoyed about having to leave, "It's impossible to think in there with all those screaming first years." Although she never did get much reading done even in the quiet warmth of the Common Room, her mind kept wondering off and the words on the page were lost to her, really all she was looking for was quite but that did not need to be said.
"What brings you up here?" Alexia asked curiously, "If I may ask..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back