Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Sturdy Willow Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Between receiving roses and delivering roses himself, Nixon's day had been eventful. In theory the best thing to top it all off would be for him to attend the Valentine's dance alongside one of his good friends, making memories and having the time of their lives. Although in reality the best thing for him was to be able to participate in the event while simultaneously contributing to one of his clubs. He was doing just that in writing an article about the valentine's dance for the Hogwarts Monthly, and he could not have been happier. As he arrived to the great hall with his reporters notebook in hand and his favourite quill, he looked around, taking everything in. He then began to head to the snacks table, making small notes about the decorations and general atmosphere of the dance as he walked. When he reached the snacks table he looked over it, making another note about the variety of snacks available. He did the same with the drinks table and made sure to explain what was there in detail since he thought this would be one of the more interesting aspects of the article for readers. After that he headed to the edge of the dance floor, finally looking away from his notebook for more than a few moments. All Nixon needed now was an idea of what the students thought of the event, a few quotes, possibly. He looked around the hall, attempting to spy someone that looked bored, unoccupied, or like they would not mind him approaching them.​

Sapphire's plan was working. She made her way off the dance floor, out of breath. She planned to continue on just dancing all her troubles away. Of course, she would like a partner. Dancing with other people was just as fun. For right now though, she'd settle for a drink.

She weaved in and out of the other students like a shadow, when she spotted something that caught her interest. She paused before changing direction, eventually coming up behind a boy with a notepad out that was studying the hall. She leaned over, hands behind her back, attempting to catch a glimpse of his notepad.

"Whatcha doin?" She asked, curious.

A voice coming from behind him, asking what he was doing caused Nixon to turn around with a confused furrow to his eyebrows from the unexpectedness of it all. Really he expected to be the one approaching people, rather than being approached himself. It seemed that no matter how hard he tried he could not always blend into the background and observe, an experience he also faced while writing his first article. When his eyes landed on someone he did not recognize his expression softened, mouth forming a smile as he answered the girl's question. "Oh, sorry, I'm writing an article for the Hogwarts Monthly." He said proudly, then turned round to face her properly as he spoke. "Actually, you have perfect timing. I was looking around to find people to get quotes from, for the article. Do you want to give me a quote?" Nixon was aware she might not want to be featured but he held out hope she would not mind as he continued to smile brightly. "Doesn't need to be more than a few words saying what you think of tonight." He added, thinking that if she was on the fence it might help her to agree if she knew her quote did not need to be detailed.​

Sapphire laughed at how enthusiastic the guy was. "Hogwarts monthly, huh? Sounds fun. Tell you what, I'll trade you. One dance for one quote. Sound fair?" She smiled at him mischievously. "Besides," she added, "wouldn't it make your article better if you participated a bit yourself? The best writing usually comes from writing about things you know," she teased him. It may or may not have been true, but it sounded good.

She held out her hand. "I'm Sapphire."

Trading a dance for a quote for his article was a proposition Nixon did not expect to be given. It seemed silly given that a quote was voluntary, and he didn't need to include Sapphire regardless of her reasoning that actually participating would improve his writing. Wasn't he participating enough by already attending the dance? However he did know that he wanted as much information as possible to ensure his article would be interesting and detailed, so no matter what he thought about it, he felt obliged to accept her offer. "Alright, one dance. My name's Nixon." He said, placing his notebook and quill in the front pocket of his jacket before holding his hand out to Sapphire with intent to lead her onto the dance floor.​

Sapph grinned, pleased that he accepted despite the hint of reluctance on his face. She felt a touch guilty for bargaining her way into a dance, but not guilty enough to let him out of it. Besides, he was kinda cute. She placed her hand in his, letting him lead. "Pleasure to meet you, Nixon. I don't think I've seen you around. Second or third year?" She asked conversationally.

Nixon walked onto the dance floor with Sapphire, trying not to show how adverse he was to dancing as he began to move to the beat of the music. It was not that he was bad at dancing, he knew he could definitely dance in an acceptable way by imitating the other students dancing nearby, but it was that he felt like he was distracting himself from his article. It was the only reason he had decided to attend the dance after his stressful day delivering roses and doing anything other than take notes on his surroundings felt unproductive. Even if he felt this way he tried to dance his best for Sapphires sake and soon answered her question. "I'm second year." He said. "Are you a first year?" It seemed obvious that she was a first year given Nixon did not recognize her from his own year or the years older than him. But it could not hurt to ask her something in return to keep the conversation going, he thought.​

Sapphire was glad to actually be dancing with somebody, considering everything that had been going on. Nixon wasn't a bad dancer, and her smile seemed more genuine than it had since coming back to school. "Yep. Slytherin, so I'm tucked away down in the dungeons." She followed his lead as they danced, a little surprised with how well he was doing given his earlier hesitance. She had thought it would be he had two left feet.

"Thanks for dancing with me," She told him after a moment. "I needed a good distraction."

Sapphire soon confirmed she was a first year, adding that she was in slytherin too as they continued to dance together. What he had heard about Slytherins being mean and self-serving greatly differed from his actual experiences with them, and this included his short conversation with Sapphire so far. She was talkative and seemingly friendly over everything else even if she had managed to coerce him into a dance he had not initially wanted. When she thanked him for dancing with her, saying it had been a good distraction he felt surprised. It was difficult for him to believe someone else's valentine's day had been terrible, all the people around them in the hall seemed completely happy. "I'm in the same boat as you." He responded. "I'm also happy to be your distraction but only if you don't forget to give me a quote after this, okay?" It was half a joke, and half a reminder of why he agreed to dance in the first place. Despite the fact he was beginning to have fun, he did not want to forget about the article he needed to write when the night was over.​

Sapphire laughed. "At the very least you're a cute disteacion." She teased, wanting to see how he'd react. "Which house are you?" She wondered, half to herself. The song was about half over and she wasn't sure how long she could keep his interest.

Maybe if things went well she could find him and bother him another time.

Fleur was walking through the Great Hall and couldn't help but notice one of the first year Slytherin's hanging around with another student. She didn't recognize his face very well but she did recognize the notepad that he had on him. Looking over towards her boyfriend she quickly decided to beeline for the young reporter. "You're on the paper right, kid? Are you writing an article for the paper on the Dance?" Fleur asked the young boy not caring much if she was interrupting a dance between the two. She wasn't intimidated by a first year and what she figured to be a second or third year boy.

Nixon did not know how to react to being called cute, unsure if Sapphire meant that he was cute like a puppy or kitten, or cute as in good looking. He had barely made an effort in his appearance that night, wanting to blend in the background to focus on his article after a stressful day, so the good looking aspect of cuteness was hardly fitting for him. Neither was the puppy cute aspect too, he guessed. He was almost relieved when someone interrupted his dance, not because he was having a bad time talking to Sapphire, but because it gave him a little more time to figure out what she meant by calling him cute. He looked to the older girl, someone he recognized as a prefect, and back to Sapphire before he stopped his dancing. "Sorry." He said to Sapphire, pulling his notebook and quill from his pocket as he looked over to the prefect again. "I am on the paper, and writing an article about the dance." He confirmed. "Did you want to give me a quote?"

Sapph was a bit annoyed at being interrupted. Nixon had looked rather confused at being called cute and she was enjoying herself. She wondered what could be so important that the other girl couldn't just wait for the dance to be over, but Sapph decided against saying anything. She and Nixon had just met, and she wasn't looking to start any fights at school.

She was still pouting, though. She crossed her arms over her chest and bit her tongue. Hopefully the other girl went away soon.

Fleur ignored the pouting from the younger Slytherin girl, she would probably need to learn her place and now was a perfect time. Being ignored was one way Fleur was going to show the first year Slytherin that the world did not revolve around her. "Perfect yes I would like to give you a quote, let's see," Fleur said looking around the hall at the decor and the people around her. She wanted to give a nice comment about the dance but she knew truth was always better than being. "Compared to last year the decorations seem rather boring very traditional valentine's which is fine but I'd think they could change things up year to year with how they decorate the hall, however people stepped it up this year with their outfits. Most of the boys looks the same in their suits, some obviously brought out the more fashionable suits, but I haven't seen many with bold choices this year other than Riley Wespurt with a bold red shirt choice," Fleur said glancing down at the boy's own outfit which lacked in comparison to say Rory's suit, not that she'd bring him up in the interview, his need for attention was already to great. "I love the bold choices a few of the ladies opted for this year, to name a few: myself, Agrippina Vetrova, Lyra Potter, Madeline Walden, Evelyn Manning. Nearly every girl of course looks lovely tonight but I hardly know everyone's name nor do I want to keep you all night to name them all."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back