Closed Quite The Bundle of Surprise

Onyx kept humming, even as the boy fell asleep against him, continuing to rub his back and rock him gently. He looked up as Jamie approached, giving him a gentle smile. "He's worn out, the poor thing," He murmured, shifting and trying to prompt Jamie to sit down with them. "What's happened with the woman?" He asked, trying to keep his voice low so as to not disturb Jacques in his arms.

Jamie gave a little smile, sitting in next to them, already warmed by the view of his family. His boys. "Which woman?" he asked, "His mother or the social worker?" Jamie was speaking softly, and low, not wanting to wake the little thing up. "The social worker is putting through our request to make this permanent, but there shouldn't be any issue with it,"

Onyx shrugged lightly, careful not to disturb Jacques. "Either, both," He rubbed the boys back. "We should know the details of it all- one day he may want to know what happened. We shouldn't keep the truth from him." He murmured. He smiled and shifted so he could lean against Jamie, keeping their new son carefully situated in his arms. "My uncle did the same thing- he never kept the secret of how our parents died from me."

Jamie gave a little nod at what Onyx said, moving an arm to be around him, to hold the pair close to him. He then went into the story of the mother, a woman who had been quite young, in a rough spot and who had unfortunately passed away. He had been placed with a temporary family who were found to be ill-suited and he had needed an emergency place to stay, which was with them. "They'd been having problems placing him because he's shut down a little since his mother's passing," he said. "but I think he'll work perfectly here with us,"

Onyx's heart ached as Jamie spoke, his arms unintentionally tightening a little bit around the boy in his arms. He took a deep breath when Jamie finished, rubbing his face against his husbands shoulder to try and hide his tears. "I hope so," He agreed softly. He took another breath- he'd been working on keeping himself calm when his emotions tried to overwhelm him. Being close to Jamie always helped. He shifted slightly, keeping his eyes closed. "We just need to be patient with him- make sure his needs are met. He'll open up in his own time, we can't just- people can't just walk away from a little child in need of help because they aren't reacting the way they want, can they?" He peeked up at Jamie, lip quivering a bit.

Jamie could see the emotions on Onyx's face, his reaction to all of it. Jamie could sense how hard it was for Onyx to keep it together, and he just tightened his hold on him, bringing him closer in and just leaning in to kiss his head. "We can be, we will be," Jamie agreed. "Some people do, though they're wrong to do so. But we won't, and we won't give him up now that he's here," Jamie assured him, in the way he thought was best.

Onyx let out a content sigh, relaxing more against his husband and smiling. "You're my rock, you know that?" He murmured. He kept rubbing Jacques' back gently. "Tomorrow we should put out an ad for a live in nanny." He mused. "With newborn twins and now Jacques, we should probably have someone staying here to help out. At least one adult per child," He nuzzled against Jamie's shoulder. "What do you think?"

Jamie nodded in agreement, "You are mine too," he assured him. He did agree that putting out an ad like that would be good for them. "I agree, but I think Jacques should see or get one of us most of the time," he said softly. "The twins won't know the difference, but I don't want Jacques thinking we're passing him on," he replied. They'd always be present for all three, but until Jacques was a little past his experiences, he thought it would make sense to get him the most specific attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back