Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Lucas had hoped that the break would help him get over his frustrated feelings about Lumio, but seeing the boy after break again had just made him feel more sad. It just sucked, knowing Lumio didn't like him back or even think about him in that way at all, apparently. He'd seen the Gryffindor was happy with Ronald, and he definitely didn't want to ruin that, but he half wondered what would have happened if he'd confessed to Lumio first. Probably just a humiliating rejection, though, so he supposed it was a good thing that he hadn't. Lucas was contemplating what to do, if he should maybe try going out with someone else or just wait it out. He had found a quiet spot at the lake to think, and tossed a small pebble into the water.

Addy had to admit this semester was already turning into an emotional roller coaster. She thought she had been doing well in getting over Augustus, but when she had seen him again, looking so handsome with his soft ebony hair and his hypnotic blue eyes, and seeing now that he was so tall, it had made her heart absolutely flutter in her chest, weak in the knees, ready to just melt like the wicked witch of the west or ice cream on a hot day. But Augustus still didn't see her... Or at least, he held no interest in her romantically.

She was feeling discouraged, very melancholy, and decided on a whim to go out and skip some pebbles at the lake. She was surprised when she saw someone else already there. She paused, but decided to come up beside him anyway. "Did you know that a skipping stone spends 100 times longer in the air than it does on water?" She asked with a shy smile, stepping up and gathering a few pebbles of her own.

Lucas looked up when he heard a voice from beside him, seeing that it was his classmate Addison Beckett. He gave her a wry smile. "I think that only goes for people who can actually skip stones." He said with a shrug. "I've just been chucking them into the water." He admitted, sighing softly. He hesitated then, seeing as Addison had grabbed a few pebbles herself. "You can sit here, if you want." He said, gesturing to the ground next to him. Addison had always seemed nice to him, but he'd rarely spoken to her. They seemed to be in two seperate friend bubbles. Lucas grabbed another small pebble and threw it into the water, watching it sink immediately with some satisfaction. He wasn't really in the mood to even try skipping them properly.

Addison smiled, moving over to sit next to Lucas as he offered her a seat. "Did you know that there are 117 million lakes on earth?" She asked, skipping one of her stones and counting four skips. "It's really rather common for people to skip stones when they're feeling emotional," she stated. "Or throwing stones," she corrected with a small smile. "Is everything alright with you, Lucas?" She asked.

Lucas was a bit confused when Addison gave him another face, but he figured that was sort of her thing. He wondered how she remembered it all, he barely remembered what he had for breakfast this morning. "Is it?" He asked her when she said it was common to skip stons when you were feeling emotional. "Did you read that somewhere?" He paused. "I suppose I'm not feeling all that great." He admitted. He sighed deeply. "But I don't want to bore you with my problems." He said quickly, not wanting to rant to her when they barely knew each other. Though she did seem very nice.

Addison nodded at his questions. "I read a lot of things. Did you know that reading reduces stress by 68%?" She asked, smiling at the thought. Her smile turned a bit softer as he spoke and she leaned over, placing her hand on his arm for a brief second before pulling it back and offering him another stone. "You wouldn't bore me, Lucas. Did you know that people that confide in others are less prone to illness?" She offered, giving him what she hoped was a reassuring smile.

Lucas shook his head at the girl's next question, though he wondered if she actually wanted him to answer. He probably didn't know most of her facts, and it would be kind of frustrating to have to keep saying so. But as she said he wouldn't bore her, and she gave him another fact, Lucas shrugged. "I don't think not sharing this would make me ill." He conceded. "But... well..." He sighed. "It just sucks when you like someone and they don't like you." He admitted. "Especially when they could like you but just.... don't." He said, looking over at the water with a frown before throwing another rock, this time with a bit more force.

Addison's smile faded as Lucas opened up, sighing softly and turning to look out over the water herself. "That must be a common thing for us Hufflepuffs," she propped her chin in her hand. "I've been trying for a long time to get the attention of this really cute boy, but he just... doesn't see me that way. I know I'd be good for him, but he just... doesn't like me like that. My cousin is the same way, he's really shut off lately, but he confided that he's liked everyone in his dorm and no one sees him. Two of them have boyfriends, I think. Your boy doesn't like you, mine doesn't like me, and I think after he went to the ball with the last boy he liked and nothing happened, my cousin has just buried himself out in the gardens."

She let out a wry chuckle. "I wish it was easier. My sister is in Gryffindor and the boy she likes clearly likes her back, I think. They just haven't figured it out for themselves yet." She shook her bed, offering him another pebble. "Maybe we can switch houses and our love lives will straighten out," She gave him a hopefully encouraging smile.

Lucas glanced at Addison as she told him she had a similar story. He couldn't help a small sigh from escaping, he really did understand how she felt. "The guy I like is dating some other boy." He mumbled, frustration clear in his voice.

As Addison talked about her cousin, it took Lucas a bit to catch up with what she was saying. He knew her cousin, it was Casper. She knew he knew him, right? He felt his cheeks heat up slightly as he tried to make sense of what she was saying. "Wait, what?" He asked her, a little confused and unsure of what sort of game she was playing. "You're talking about Casper, right? Are you really telling me he likes everyone in his dorm?" He paused, then frowned. "That's... me. You know that, right? I'm his roommate, one of the guys you're talking about, I guess? And I'm the boy- I mean, we went to a dance together." He got up, feeling agitated. "Did he ask you to tell me that?" He asked, wondering what on earth was going on. He barely heard what Addison said about Gryffindor, trying to wrap his mind around the other things she'd said. Casper liked... all the boys in his dorm? That meant it included Lucas. It made him feel weird, especially because it seemed weird to him to like so many people at once. Was he supposed to be flattered?

Addison winced sympathetically. That was harsh. She couldn't imagine how she would feel if she knew Augustus was seeing someone else. She was pulled from the thought though, as he spoke again, and all the color drained from his face. "Oh my god- no, I- I'm so sorry, I thought you were a Ravenclaw," she squeaked, burying her face in her hands, the color returning to her face in a rush and her ears burning. "No. No, Lucas, I'm sorry," she rushed, standing up as well.

"I misspoke. He's liked everyone, separately, he doesn't like anyone right now. Cas- Casper has always felt alone, I think, he just- he only complained once that all the boys were cute, he was talking down on himself, he said it was ironic to be in a dorm of gay boys and he was just- he just thinks he's unlovable, his parents kicked him out and he's staying at my house, I-" Addison groaned, twisting her hands together. "Lucas, I- I'm so sorry, I was just trying to make you feel better, I- Augustus is my only friend, I didn't think- I'm good with facts, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I wasn't- Casper is going to be so upset if he realizes I told you- merlin, please, don't be upset with Casper, this is my fault, I-" Addison covered her mouth, knowing she was rambling. She felt horrible, Lucas was going to hate her, and hate Casper, and Casper would never speak to him again if he realized what she'd just done.

Lucas stared at Addison in disbelief, not sure what to make of what she said. She had thought he was in Ravenclaw? After they had been in the same house for the past three years? He found it hard to believe. "Right." He said, disbelief clear in his voice. "And I suppose you also forgot I went with your cousin to the yule ball?" He asked her with a frown.

The idea that Casper had liked everyone in the dorm separately was a bit better, but that hadn't been how it had sounded earlier. To Lucas, it felt like she was backtracking now she had realized who he was. Addison talked a lot, saying Casper thought he was unlovable and that he was staying at her house, but it did nothing to lessen his annoyance. "Look, even if you somehow didn't know I knew your cousin... it kind of sucks to just tell people his business." He told her. "I'm not upset with Casper- I guess. I mean. He should have told me he wanted it to be more than a friend date if he wanted me to know that." He said with a frown. "But that's something I can tell him myself."

Addy blushed, shaking her head. "No, I- I haven't gone to the ball in a while, and he never told me who he went with," she bit her lip, looking properly scolded as Lucas told her she shouldn't be sharing Casper's business. "I- I'm sorry, this is all a mess. I didn't mean to-" she sighed, twisting her hands together. "I was just trying to make you feel better, I didn't... I didn't think you would know who my cousin was, I'm sorry."

Lucas sighed when Addison said she hadn't known they had gone to the ball together. When he thought about it, he also hadn't known if Addison had even gone. But still, it felt so strange to him that she really hadn't known who he was. A bit insulting too. "Don't worry about it." He finally said, grudgingly. "I... believe you." He added, even if he wasn't entirely sure about it. "And I won't be mean to Casper, I promise." He added, though he frowned a bit.

Addison felt horrible, and fidgeted nervously. "I'm really sorry, Lucas," she spoke softly, shaking her head. "I... I should probably go, I..." she sighed, ducking her head. She could feel the tears in her eyes. She just felt so idiotic right then. She slipped past Lucas, her hair falling to cover her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back