Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was happy. For the first time... ever, she felt content with her life. She had friends that cared about her, a boyfriend, a team she was still proud to be on, a family she might just go to meet, and schoolwork she was enamored with. Feeling lazy, she picked up her favorite book and made her way to the student lounge. The room was empty except for one table. She smiled as she spotted Mervyn sitting there, buried in schoolbooks. She smiled, watching him a moment before going to sit down.

She picked a coach near the fireplace and settled into the cushions, kicking her shoes off and tucking her feet up beneath her. She didn't want to bother him when he looked so focused. She opened up the worn copy of 'The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe' and began to read. A small smile lit her face as she read. She must've been through this book a hundred times, but it never got dull. She was drawn into the familiar world of the Pevensies.

Mervyn wasn't taking anywhere near as many classes this year as he had last, but it still felt like too many. He rubbed his forehead, struggling to find the word he needed for his essay. Why was writing so difficult? Or perhaps more to the point, why did he find writing so difficult when everybody else seemed to find it easy? He wasn't dyslexic. Just slow, maybe.

Respite came in the form of Sapphire sitting down on the sofa next to him. "Awright?" he said, not really wanting to disturb her reading. But after a minute or so more of struggling for the word, he tossed his books down on the table and lay down to rest his head on Sapphire's lap. He grinned up at her, always happy to be a pest. "You wanna read to me?" he asked. Nobody had read to him since... well, ever. Maybe once or twice, when he'd been too young to really remember it.

Sapphire started a bit when Mervyn appeared in her lap. She kept a finger in her spot, shutting the book to look at him. She couldn't help the affectionate smile that spread over her face, or the blush as he asked if she wanted to read to him. "Of course I do," She told him as she ran her fingers lightly over his forehead. "Don't you wanna know what I'm reading, though?" She teased, opening her book up and moving back to the beginning. "It's probably a little silly, but it's my favorite." She admitted, tracing the words with her fingers before glancing back down at the boy.

Mervyn pulled a face as Sapphire touched his forehead. "As long as it ain't an 'istory textbook, I ain't that bothered," he said, though when he realised the book meant something to Sapphire, he turned a little more serious. "Awright - what's it called?"

Sapphire drew her hand back when Mervyn pulled a face. Whoops. She made a mental note not to do it again. She blushed, looking away when he asked what the book was called. It sounded bad to admit out loud, but she was too far into it to not tell him. "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe." She told him, brushing her hair behind her ear. "It's about four siblings from London that end up in another world and have to save it." She blushed again, hoping it wasn't too ridiculous.

Mervyn gazed up at Sapphire with a lop-sided grin on his face as she explained what the book was about. He wasn't making fun of her. She was just so cute when she talked about books. "Sounds like a lark," he said, teasing now. "I ain't never been read to, not when I was a kid or nuffink. Read it slow, yeah?" Maybe it was just a silly story, but Mervyn didn't want to miss any of it because Sapphire read too quickly. He wanted to care about the same things she cared about, and this was one of them.

SO sorry for the delay haha

Sapphire wrinkled her nose at Mervyn as he teased her about her book. "Now, now," She chided him playfully, "I'd kick you for being so mean to me but you have me pinned." She grinned. Not that she minded. He was warm and it felt nice. She wouldn't admit that, though. Not even to him. She blinked as she said no one read to him as a kid. Huh. That makes two of us. Surprised by the thought, she flipped her book back open and turned it back to the beginning. "Just pay attention, yeah?" Clearing her throat, she began to read. "Once there were four children..."

It didn't take long for Sapphire to be lost in the story. As she read, she forgot she was in the student longue with Mervyn. She began running her fingers lightly through his hair. She did different voices for each character. For some reason, Edmund reminded her of Jasper. She tried to immitate him whenever Edmund spoke. Lucy reminded her of Ava, and Susan made her think of Kira. She didn't notice the way her expressions changed as she read, matching the mood of whatever was happening.

Last edited:
"You wouldn't kick me, you love me," Mervyn said with a grin. As Sapphire opened the book, he closed his eyes, wanting to immerse himself as deeply in the experience as possible. Who knew when it would come around again? He gave a small nod, and then Sapphire began to read. She had a nice reading voice, soft and sweet. In no time she had painted a picture of the children and the Professor in his head. The funny house the children had been sent to reminded Mervyn of arriving at Hogwarts for the first time and exploring all the secret passages and doors that led to rooms full of suits of armour. Quite quickly the soothing sound of Sapphire's voice, the touch of her hand in his hair, and the enchanted pictures in his head sent Mervyn drifting away from the student lounge. His breathing became slow and rhythmical and his head lolled slightly to the side. He was fast asleep.

Onyx was bored out of his mind and looking for something to do. He couldn't find Jacob and he didn't feel like fishing Kira from the library. He wandered the corridors aimlessly, hands in his pockets. He paused in his tracks when he heard his sister's voice. Was she... Reading? Out loud?

Curious, Onyx followed the sound. He stopped in his tracks when he peeked into the student lounge. He let out a loud gasp when he saw Mervyn asleep in Sapph's lap. He covered his mouth with his hand and looked to his sister with wide eyes. As soon as she noticed him he gestured to the boy in her lap. C'mon C' mon he's right there just ask him out. He did his best to pout at her. I'll leave you alone if you just ask him pretty pretty pretty please. He bit back a laugh. She was going to kill him. I swear I'll leave it forever and a day. He crossed his heart and held up his hand.

Last edited:
Sapphire was drawn from the story with a start by the sound of a gasp. She glanced up to see Onyx. What's with the face? She quirked a brow at the boy before glancing down. Oh. When did that happen? Her hand stilled. When did he fall asleep? She looked back up to her twin, silently glaring as he started pouting. She moved her hand from Mervyn's hair and slid her finger silently across her throat. Back off before I kill you. I don't buy that act for a second. Onyx started to pout. She rolled her eyes before raising a brow and pointing at him. You swear it on your life pretty boy. I'm not afraid to punch you again.

He crossed his heart and held up his hand. Sapph rolled her eyes again. As annoying as he was being, perhaps this was the moment she'd been looking for. She'd been struggling with how to tell her brother she and Mervyn were dating without him getting a big head. She turned her attention back to Mervyn and gently touched his nose. "Pssst," She moved her hand to his shoulder, leaning over so she was looking down at him. "Meeerv," She whispered theatrically, glancing up at her brother for a second before returning her gaze to the boy in her lap. "Wanna go to Brightstone? Like a date or something?"

Last edited:
Mervyn was having an interesting dream about somebody that was part-human, part-goat when a strange feeling on his nose woke him up. He opened his eyes and, upon realising where he was, smiled tiredly at his girlfriend. Had he fallen asleep? It was so relaxing here alone with Sapphire that he could have slept the entire day away. But... wait - they weren't alone. Mervyn tilted his head to look at Onyx, and then back at Sapphire, a frown forming on his face. This wasn't good. Onyx still didn't know they were dating. And why was Sapphire asking him out now? The cogs turned in his sleepy head, until finally he realised what she was doing. "Yeah, awright," he said with a grin, stretching his legs over the arm of the sofa. "Fort you was never gonna ask. But-" he held up a finger- "You're buyin' the ice cream."

Onyx couldn't help but grin like an idiot when Sapphire actually woke up Mervyn to ask him out. It took the older boy a minute to process it, and Onyx waited with baited breath. He was both happy and a little stunned when Mervyn agreed to go. "Huh." He grinned, crossing his arms over his chest. "Maybe I really shoulda stayed out of it last year."

He ducked, laughing as Sapphire's book flew over his head and hit the wall behind him. "Alright alright I'm going," he snickered, winking playfully at his twin before scurrying away.

Sapphire bit her lip as Mervyn smiled at her. It was hard not to just kiss him. He was really adorable when he was sleepy. He seemed confused for a moment- with Onyx there and her question she couldn't really blame him. Come on, love, play along. She was a little taken aback by the nickname that came unbidden to mind, nearly missing it as Mervyn agreed to go. She smirked a bit, brushing her hair behind her ear. "That was the idea," She teased lightly.

She glanced up at her brother. Her eyes narrowed at his response. She took the book in her hand and chucked it at him. She cursed under her breath as it missed. She rolled her eyes as he winked at her, sticking her tongue out at the boy as he ran off.

After a moment she sighed, rubbing her forehead with her hand. "That boy is going to be the death of me," She murmured half to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back