Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Straight 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Set in May of y29.

With another school year almost over and the holidays still feeling far away, Flavio was relieved he could spend time in the wild patch and get away from everything. Between stress surrounding his grades and confusing feelings for November and the awkward situation with her and Amber that constantly pulled him in different directions, causing him to worry whether sitting with someone in class was going to cause problems, let alone speaking to his friends, distractions were all he had to look forward to until he could return home where the problems at school would not follow him. It helped too that since spending more time in the wild patch he had made a friend in Vivian, someone removed from his current friend situation that he could speak to comfortably. That and the simple although calming task of taking care of plants was the perfect reverie until the holidays began, all other things considered. With this on his mind Flavio smiled, removing his gloves as he stood up from the soil, proud of all the work he had done so far that day. The plants in the corner they were working on were pruned properly now, though there was still a lot more to do around the wild patch in preparation for the winter holidays. "I think this part is taken care of now." Flavio said, looking around to see which parts of the wild patch needed more work than others. "Should we go to a different part?" He asked, more out of politeness than anything else, since it was obvious they needed to move on.

Last edited:
The school year being almost over was a relief. Vivian was still torn about everything Tristan wanted their relationship to be, but it was only because their love was too real and special. That was all Vivian had to keep reminding himself. Their love was special, and nobody would understand it yet from people so young. All that mattered was that they were together now, and they would be together properly when they were older. If this was what it took for true love to happen, Vivian was perfectly content to let Tristan date Jessica in public. He got the real side of Tristan all to himself, and Vivian could occupy himself with other things around the castle while Tristan was busy with Jessica. Things like making new friends, and learning from them. Vivian had spent a little time in the garden with his grandmother at home, but he had never thought of gardening as something he would ever know much about. He enjoyed helping Flavio though, and it was impressive how much the older boy knew about taking care of all these different plants. Vivian nodded quietly, sitting up, and stretching his arms. "Where should we go next?"

"The part over there has not been looked after in a while." Flavio answered, pointing to a part of the wild patch behind the small shed. It was not directly in view which was the reason most members of the wild patch club did not tend to it, thinking there was not much point when there were parts of the patch that were easier to reach and see from the gardens. Since the holidays would begin soon it seemed like a good idea to try and work on that section at least a little bit. If it was not overgrown now it likely would be when school started again, and more work on the other members of the club if it was not tended to soon. Flavio picked up the pruning shears he had been using, stepping around a few of the shrubs to reach the part he was talking about, assuming Vivian would follow him. Immediately Flavio put his gloves back on and began to inspect the plants that were growing there, checking if there were dead or browned parts that needed to be cut off. "It is nice to be here and feel calm, this semester has been pretty stressful for me. How has the semester been going for you?" He asked, trying to make conversation. It was comfortable to be in silence with Vivian but he thought it could not hurt to talk more since they were spending time together, and he was curious to know a little more about how the boy's life was going.​
<i>
</i>

Vivian looked over to where Flavio was pointing, nodding as he picked up the shears he was borrowing. That corner of the garden definitely looked like it could use some attention, and surely Flavio would know exactly what needed to be done. He followed the other boy over to the sheltered area of the gardens, and followed his lead in checking the plants over for parts that needed pruning. Flavio's comments surprised Vivian, but a small smile spread over his face, relieved that the older boy enjoyed the calm and quiet companionship as much as he did. His question startled Vivian a little though, and it took him a while to consider, voice quiet when he spoke. "It's... been stressful for me too." He said slowly. Flavio hadn't said what he had been stressed about, would it be too much to say something? Vivian knew Tristan wouldn't want him saying everything, but maybe... if he just talked vaguely, he could confide in Flavio a little bit. "I, um, I've been having boy problems." He said hesitantly, glancing at the older boy, nervous about his reaction.

Flavio multi tasked between inspecting the plant for dead leaves, and listening to Vivian's response to his question. He nodded at the first part about feeling stressed, relieved that he was not the only one feeling confused about everything going on his life, but also concerned as Vivian had seemed calm up until that moment. The explanation that the stress was surrounding boy problems made a little more sense and Flavio nodded again, only then looking from the plant to pay full attention to Vivian. "I do not know if this is similar, but I have been going through girl problems, sort of." His situation with November and then the addition of Amber was the center of what was stressing him out away from his classes and exams, and what did not help was that he did not know everything about the situation. Being clueless to why his two friends disliked each other only made it more stressful than it already was, his mind repeatedly trying and failing to fill in the blanks. "What problems are you having?" He asked, wanting to see if his situation was similar to Vivian's and if there was any way he would be able to help with it. If not by providing a solution, then by simply listening to him.​
<i>
</i>

Vivian tried his best to search the plant for dead leaves, but he couldn't help but be distracted, worrying what Flavio would think of his problems. It was a relief when the older boy echoed the sentiment and he nodded, wondering what kind of girl problems Flavio could be having. Surely someone as kind as him would never have anything to worry about. He didn't know if it would be right to pry though, and was considering whether or not to inquire further when Flavio spoke again, asking about Vivian's own situation. He faltered, spiralling for a moment. How could he explain what he was going through without betraying Tristan's insistence on secrecy? "I... my... a friend of mine kissed me last year..." He said slowly, trying to figure out how to describe his situation vaguely. "And we've been... kissing in secret ever since." Vivian looked down, fidgeting with a dead twig as he spoke. "But he's... He keeps saying that we should keep it secret, and date other people as well. I don't... know what to do. He has a girlfriend now... I don't think I... like girls like that." Vivian looked down, heart aching just at the thought of the girl. She and Tristan always looked so pretty and perfect together. There was no place for him at Tristan's side like that, however desperately he may want it.

As Flavio nodded, listening to Vivian's boy problem he realized the situations they were both in were very, very different. By comparison it seemed Flavio shouldn't have been stressed at all, there he was never having kissed anyone in his life, wondering whether he liked one of his friends and walking a tightrope of conflict between her and another friend, while Vivian had kissed someone and was secretly dating them while they openly dated someone else. Flavio couldn't imagine how stressful that would be, not to mention how insecure it would cause him to feel. "I am sorry, that sounds awful." Flavio sympathized. "I could not imagine that at all." He added with honesty. He didn't even know if he liked November and he really could not imagine the feeling of seeing her with someone else if he tried. "My problems are not as bad as that, I am just very confused because I might like this girl who is my friend, but she and a different friend of mine do not get along." Saying his problem out loud after listening to Vivian's issue only further solidified how trivial Flavio's situation seemed. "I think a lot of my issue would be solved if I knew if I liked her. But now I am just questioning, you know?" He looked away from Vivian to take his gloves off and place them near the pruning shears. With their stressful situations the subject of their conversation now it seemed silly to continue gardening as normal.

Dusting his hands together, Flavio returned his attention to Vivian. "Do you know you like this boy because you have kissed him before?" He asked, wondering if his situation would be solved and if kissing November would be a way for him to figure out whether he liked her. Vivian seemed sure he liked the boy, and that he did not think he liked girls in the same way, and Flavio wondered if it was all because Vivian had kissed someone before and was able to recognize the difference.
this entire post is so cringe help me

Last edited:
Although it hurt to think about, there was something cathartic about actually telling someone else what he was going through, even in such vague terms. He nodded quietly in response to Flavio's sympathy, setting down the pruning shears the other boy had given him. Flavio's problems sounded difficult too, and Vivian didn't know what he would do in the situation. "That sounds hard." He said softly, wondering what Flavio could do. Not being sure if he liked someone wasn't something Vivian really had any experience with. From the first kiss, he had been sure how he felt about Tristan. Flavio's next question surprised Vivian and he thought about it for a long moment, not sure what to say. "Well... I've never kissed anyone else." He said softly, thinking about it. "But I didn't... really realise I liked him until I kissed him." He hesitated, fidgeting a little. "I think it would feel different, kissing someone you like and someone you don't..." Although Tristan wanted him to see other people in the same way Tristan was seeing Jessica, Vivian had never really thought as far ahead as kissing someone else. The thought was strange, but he didn't know how it would actually feel.

Vivian's answer only confused Flavio more, and it was the last thing he needed when his mind was already in a mess over everything else in his life. While it made sense that kissing someone you did not like would be different than kissing someone you did like, was there any way to tell the difference without kissing someone first? Vivian said he did not like the boy he was with until they kissed, and Flavio wondered if liking someone would always be a question up until that point. There were people Flavio thought he didn't like as more than a friend, but what if that changed with a kiss? What if everyone was a friend until proven otherwise? With everything else on his mind Flavio was almost annoyed at how much more this concept confused him.

He frowned and looked to the ground, wanting at least some form of an answer to his questions but unsure how he was supposed to get an answer. It seemed silly to ask Vivian more of the questions on his mind as they were both confused enough as is in their individual ordeals. Eventually Flavio returned his gaze to Vivian, deciding that there was only one logical way to figure it out. He couldn't handle a situation like this making his situation worse than it already was. His feelings, or possible feelings for November were confusing enough without these other questions in his mind. "It is confusing, so I think we should kiss and settle it." He said, sounding more confident than he felt. Really this entire conversation with Vivian had become more awkward than he would have liked. "I do not think I like you as more than a friend, and if we kiss and everything stays the same, then that would answer everything, right?" It sounded logical in his head, and he knew that having some point of difference would help him figure out the situation he was in with his friends, but he wanted to hear what Vivian thought first.​
<i>
</i>

Vivian felt his face flushing slightly as Flavio spoke, shock filling him for a moment. That Flavio would want to kiss him was unexpected, but as he thought about it, the other boy's plan made sense, and... this was what Tristan wanted him to do, right? Tristan was dating Jessica, he wanted Vivian to see other people too, this... would be a good way to test the waters. Just a simple kiss. As nice a friend as he was, Vivian didn't like Flavio that way, and he didn't think Flavio felt that way about him either. Nothing but a simple test. Having considered it for a long moment, Vivian looked up, meeting Flavio's eyes a little nervously. He nodded, but the only word he could quite manage to form was, "Okay." Vivian could feel his heart thumping with nerves as he moved a little closer, suddenly overthinking all of this. Should he make the first move? He had more experience than Flavio, maybe that was his job. His lips felt dry and he gave them a quick self-conscious lick before leaning in to press them sweetly to Flavio's, his kiss chaste and not too firm, very conscious that he didn't want to scare the other boy away. He cupped Flavio's cheek with one hand for a moment, considering how strange it felt to be doing this with someone other than Tristan. There was none of Tristan's familiar smell, no hands reaching for Vivian's own. There was something intriguing about the unfamiliarity, but mostly, Vivian just pined for Tristan. After what felt like a suitable length of time Vivian pulled back, looking at Flavio a little nervously, hoping he hadn't upset the other boy. "Was... that okay?"

There was a sense of relief that washed over Flavio as Vivian agreed, but it was only momentary, quickly replaced by nerves and an overwhelming feeling of awkwardness when he moved closer. Before he knew it, his eyes were closed and Vivian's lips pressed softly against his own. At a loss of what to do and needing to gain a sense of control, Flavio moved his hands to Vivian's arms in case he wanted to push the boy away. Not because what they were doing was wrong or because he was feeling uncomfortable, but because it was all so foreign, unlike what he expected kissing would be, and knowing he could move away at any moment grounded him. Though he thankfully didn't need to push Vivian away as the boy moved away in his own time.
Returning his hands to his side and opening his eyes, Flavio frowned slightly as he comprehended what just happened, nodding his head when Vivian asked if the kiss was okay. It was okay, but that was it. There wasn't a quickening of his heartbeat or a flush on his cheeks that was meant to take over during a kiss, or so he had been told. "It was." He answered, shrugging his shoulders as he voiced his thoughts. The kiss wasn't as special as he expected but this did suffice to answer his question, that kissing did not dictate a persons feelings, but seemed to be representation of them. Unfortunately it did not answer the question of whether he liked November, but the insight that kissing wasn't the way to figure this out, as well as the realization that the fact he was questioning his friendship with her might be reason enough to believe he did like her was enough for him in the meantime. "I definitely like you as just a friend." Flavio added, assuming Vivian felt the same and the kiss that just happened wouldn't ruin the calmness of the friendship they had built.

Searching Flavio's face to see how he felt, Vivian hoped this hadn't been too much. He felt... fine, himself, but he didn't want to damage his friendship with Flavio at all. He was relieved when Flavio said it had been okay, hopefully that meant that everything was fine. Flavio didn't look like he had been swept away by the kiss, but neither had Vivian, it had just been... nice. Hopefully that meant they felt the same. Vivian quickly got confirmation on that hope when Flavio continued, and he nodded in agreement. "Me too. That felt... different. I guess you can tell when it's someone you like." Although Vivian still didn't know how he felt about Tristan's suggestion that he should see other people, he did at least know now that what he felt for Tristan was as special as Tristan said, if kissing someone else felt so different. Glancing at Flavio again, Vivian felt nothing but friendship, but he was also a little uncomfortable. He hoped things wouldn't become weird between them after this, as he enjoyed Flavio's peaceful companionship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back