Not open for further replies.

James Adams

OOC First Name
James
Sexual Orientation
Esmexual.
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
I was thinking it'd be kind of nice to know some statistics about Quidditch players. In real life, games such as football have all sorts of statistics (goals, assists, penalties scored etc.), it'd be a fun talking point to have the same with our games of Quidditch. You could then claim to be the 'Most successful keeper', and we can keep track to see whether Avie's snitch catch was the quickest or not.

Thinking critically about it, what does it offer? Fun/enjoyment/talking point certainly, it could potentially be expanded into other uses in the future. It doesn't all have to be about players, you can keep track of teams as well - it'd be fun to know for instance that Gryffindor really are (they are :r ) the best team over many seasons, despite their poor performance this year :p

I didn't think there be much point in posting examples of statistics when it's uncertain about whether this'll go through or not, but I do have a couple of ideas that could be implemented.

Just my two cents, James

Thanks for the suggestion, James. In the future, we may implement some of these suggestions, but those would have to be done manually. The quidditch control panel keeps track of some things (a player's success rate), but isn't meant to keep track of all the things you mention here. It's just meant to help the game become easier to play.

This would be cool if Student's wanted to go onto being Professional Quidditch Players when they finish school, Certain Teams may require a certain success rate before allowing you onto that team higher success rates would mean you'd get Captain of that team or something like that, make the Quidditch outside of Hogwarts more interactive :D

Professor Kida Frost said:
This would be cool if Student's wanted to go onto being Professional Quidditch Players when they finish school, Certain Teams may require a certain success rate before allowing you onto that team higher success rates would mean you'd get Captain of that team or something like that, make the Quidditch outside of Hogwarts more interactive :D
That would only work though if Quidditch teams had matches like school teams do, and there aren't really enough players for that. The alternative is to create a fictional Quidditch league of around four teams, and run games for just them. That way people would transfer their players to those teams (because they'd want to play obviously), and make Quidditch teams actually have a point. At the moment, they don't :p

Cyndi: ah I see. Obviously implementing manual operations such as that isn't going to work, it'd have to be automated or nothing. That being said, we could still have a leaderboard of just Success Rates or something. Obviously different players (e.g. Chasers vs Seekers) are going to have numbers which cannot really be compared, so you could also have a second column with their position (I'm under the impression that players have to be added to the QCP with their position played, so the system already has the required information surely?) I guess it all comes down to whether it's worthwhile for the effort required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back