Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 ½ Inch Rigid Hawthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
So, regarding Quidditch. Some people me may have difficulty remembering/noticing when matches are going to be posted, especially when it comes to different timezones and the like. I thought that perhaps a notification or an announcement would be helpful, whether a notification to students, both for players and people who may simply want to spectate, or an announcement for all characters to be able to see.

Sooo yeah. There's that suggestion. Lemme know.

This suggestion was sponsored by the Magical Menagerie. Visit us for all of your pet needs!
Located in Obsidian Harbor.

Thank you for the suggestion. We feel that people with quidditch players should be checking into their quidditch accounts frequently as captains do send PMs regarding games and availability. If you are doing that, you'll be very aware of game dates. For that reason, we aren't sure exactly how helpful a notification would be. If people aren't checking into their accounts to confirm their availability, a notification to let them know that a game has started won't be very helpful to games.

Posting the games in the calendar is something I've been considering for a very long time, so we will begin doing that so that non-quidditch people can be aware that a game will be taking place soon. We hope that this will be helpful to you and others, but we do still encourage you to check into your quidditch accounts to confirm that you'll be available for games.

I get and read the PMs, but I just thought it would be easier to also receive the notification as soon as its posted. I've not seen Qudditch Matches on the front page when newer replies are done so if I've refreshed recently already, I don't always go in and check.

So it's not that people aren't checking PMs, it's just that "This weekend" is a really vague timeframe and it'd be less of a hassle to be informed directly when a match is up than spend all weekend, which could really include both Saturday and Sunday, checking for the topic.

Donna and I don't see a current need for a notification. You didn't mention anything about it, but we did decide to include the official date of the next quidditch game in the calendar. As soon as the other dates are confirmed by the captains, those will go up too. :)

As you'll see from the calendar and what I mentioned above, I will repeat that captains know all of the tenative dates, so if you're being given a vague "this weekend," that is a decision that your captain is making, I'll assume, to ensure that you'll be active for more than just one day to play.

And, regarding the posting of games, I always make sure that games are posted on the day indicated in the captain's area and now on the calendar (my time). I can't tell you how many times I've been commuting to work stuff and posting quidditch so I don't lose track of time and forget. :p

Hope that helps you get a better idea of behind-the-scenes quidditch stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back