OOC First Name
Camilla
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Curved 12.5" Swishy Vine Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Renata hadn't gone out of her way to talk to many of the professors as yet, beyond what she had to do for class. But Professor Corrins had asked them to see her if possible in Charms class, and Renata thought it was best to take that opportunity. She probably should have properly made time to speak to the professors for her other subjects but she hadn't wanted to be too much of a bother to them, already a little nervous about taking up space as a transfer student. But, she was here and she would make the most of it, she thought, straightening up and knocking on the Professor's door. "Hello, Professor?" Renata asked, slipping easily in to Russian without even really thinking about it too hard. Although perhaps that was strange to do. She'd clocked the light accent on the words in class, as though it was fading over time. Which was reasonable, her own accent was a jumble (where certain words would have very specific pronunciations) but was quickly warping into something that blended into the tones of others more easily. "It's Renata, from third year...you wanted to see us?"

Mallory had been grading papers when she heard the knock on her door. She smiled, and set aside her papers. "Yes, Renata, please come in," Mallory waved her hand, casting an invisible barrier over the curtain that lead to her room so the cats didn't get out. She turned her eyes back to the girl, giving her a warm smile. "Thank you. Please, have a seat," Mallory motioned to a chair in front of her desk, turning and giving the third year her full attention.

Renata's Russian was okay, it had been spoken constantly when she had been at her father's family home, but she hadn't really had any cause to use it since moving, as at home they mostly spoke English or Italian. She suspected her grandparents stuck to Italian to bother her father sometimes but he'd picked up quite a bit over time too. "Ah...I just, ah, since you wanted us to check in I thought I should come and see you. I transferred here at the start of the school year and, ah, I think I am up to date with the charms we have learned?" She slipped back into English with a slightly embarrassed smile. "And I probably owe it to my father to still be able to speak some Russian in conversation. Sorry if that was, um, presuming."

Mallory smiled warmly. "Oh, of course, darling. Please, have a seat," She invited the girl in again, standing and moving to her tea tray. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked, returning soon to the desk. She smiled at the young girl. "It's absolutely alright, darling, it's nice to speak the mother tongue again," She assured her, sipping on her tea. "I'm comfortable with whichever you would like."

Renata stepped inside and took a seat, nervously, shaking her head when offered a drink. "Oh, no, thank you Professor. I, um, won't take up too much of your time." She thought for a moment about what she was meant to ask, and gave a thoughtful rather off key hum. It wasn't even meant to be in any sort of key and it was off. "Ah...is there anything I need to know that I may have missed from first and second year? I had a look at the charms books and I think I can do all the spells." Renata wasn't the strongest witch, but she wasn't terrible by any means. Her spells would sometimes take a few attempts, and were often fairly lacklustre, but she could do them.

Mallory smiled at the question. "Well, that's a question I can't really answer right now. I'm not sure what your knowledge level is. Why don't we arrange a time for you to come by and we can go over your spells?" She asked, cradling her tea. "My office is always open, of course. I offer tutoring, advanced lessons, I have other textbooks and I'm always up for a chat, if you just want someone to talk to." She smiled impishly. "Even if you just want someone to chat with in Russian, that's fine too," She told the girl, a bit playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back