OOC First Name
Clairey
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 13 1/2 Inch Whippy Walnut Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Rion knew she'd been sorted into the right house when she saw a wizard's chess set in the corner of the student lounge and her heart skipped a beat. Perhaps the set was school property, or perhaps it had belonged to a student who had forgotten to pack it up, but either way, she didn't see a sign telling her not to touch it. She sat down and set up the pieces before making her opening move - queen's pawn to d4. "Hmmmm," she said, loud enough for the other students in the lounge to hear. "If only I had someone to play with."

492dd726f254bdfe1a08375a3d1e299c.png

Link to the chess board - just make your move, then copy and paste the new URL into your RP!! You don't have to screenshot the board like me unless you want to

Anisha had just finished studying for the day when she heard someone talk about playing. She looked up to see a little first-year sitting with a chessboard. She sat up, interested. “Hey, I can play?” She suggested, waving at her from her sofa. “Give me a second.” She stuffed her history book in her bag before heading over to the girl. She took a seat on her other side. “I haven’t played in a while.” She said, though she still felt confident she could beat the girl. Anisha looked at the board for a moment before making her own move. "I'm Anisha, by the way." She said, after moving her pawn.

08f76d78ecc5249f6ba3f83b3a7fd951.png

This is such a fun idea for a thread, I'm not great at chess but I couldn't resist

"Sure!" said Rion happily. She didn't mind who she played, as long as they weren't too good at the game. She held her hand out for Anisha to shake. "Rion. Now, let's see... Bishop to g5." The bishop slid across the board, raised his staff, and struck down Anisha's pawn. "Sorry. I play with my dad sometimes. You're not a first year, are you?"

6665a62b3e3daefe2ae003a045df8ba2.png

Board

Anisha groaned as the girl immediately took one of her pieces. It had been too long since she played. “It’s okay.” She said, even if she was a bit annoyed. She shook her head. “I’m a second year.” She admitted although she kind of wished she hadn’t. If this girl beat her now, it would be kind of embarrassing. Anisha looked at the board for a moment before making another move. She hoped she hadn’t messed up again.

d10c07ee269bb541fff03d831073efa5.png

Rion tried not to overthink and let her instincts guide her next move - pawn to c3. She had a feeling this game was going to be a breeze. "That's my sister's year," she said. "Ainmere Pendleton? Do you know her?"

e15a9f9863a7851873a6a0a2b1fcdfa6.png

Board

Anisha made her next move, moving her knight to f6. She was sure she could beat this girl, she was just a first-year, after all. She considered the girl’s question for a moment. “Yeah, Hufflepuff right?” She asked. Anisha was aware of most of her classmates, even if she didn’t talk to all of them. “My sister is head girl.” She couldn’t help adding. To her face, Anisha had only made fun of Indi, but when talking to others she figured she could brag about it a little.

57f142bf38637bce2225e228e3ddde3d.png

board

Users who are viewing this thread

Back