Pretty Things & Awkward Moments

Sukie Takahiro

Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose and a Handful Sprinkle of Fairy Dust
The great hall was empty. No child in sight. It was odd how Sukie was actually craving for attention. He never needed it. He sat alone in the feasting hall thinking of plans and ideas. He thought of things that could happen that he should be prepared for, while also thinking of things that wouldn't really ever happen that he still needed to think about. There was a slight chance for every and any thing. He sighed as he sat at a table all to himself.

Sukie began to think of the Yule Ball. Well, that was the reason he was sitting at the Ravenclaw table. He would never have sat there, if he didn't have a good reason. Isabella would think something was wrong with him if he sat there. Sukie sighed. He was like the only Slytherin that actually like the Ravenclaws, maybe except for Joceline and Thomas.

Sukie sighed, glancing at the Ravenclaw table. The girl he wanted to see wasn't there yet. Deciding to wait for her, Sukie sat down on one of the benches, and reached for a grape. He might as well have some breakfast, while he waited for Arianna.

Arianna yawned a large yawn before pushing the large great hall doors open to have some breakfast. Only to stop for a moment when she saw it completely empty aside from one person at the Ravenclaw table, and the sky above them was still dark. Wait a second... she thought looking down at her watch which thankfully still worked because it ran on a battery and not electricity. She realized only then that she had forgotten to set it back an hour a month ago and instead of 7AM it was 6.

She was tempted to make a U turn out of the great hall and go back to sleep, covering another yawn with her hand as if to punctuate her thoughts. But she already had her uniform on and everything, so she figured she had better not risk going back to sleep then wind up sleeping through all of her classes, Between the time it would take to trek back up there and down once again she would only get about 30 minutes of sleep. In her opinion definitly not worth the hassle.

She walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat infront of the other person in the room, who she hadn't recognised to be until just than her good friend Sukie Takahiro. "Hey Sukie, what bring you into the Ravenclaw lair this morning?" she asked as cheerily as possible with a sleep drowned voice while she grabbed a plate and scooped out scrambled eggs, Sausage that while not as good as hers and Xanders would do, A waffle, a piece of Bacon, and a pancake. She would definitely have to run later.

Sukie looked up when he heard his prey's voice. His face lit up into a smile, as he watched the Ravenclaw girl grab a plat, and scooped out scrambled eggs, sausage, a waffle, a piece of pancake and a piece of Bacon. Sukie looked at Arianna, very much impressed. The girls he hanged out with at the Slytherin table usually didn't eat much, only salad and fruits. Sukie smiled at Arianna once again. He did like the fact the at least some girls could actually eat, not like the girls he knew who said they didn't eat carbs. Sukie sighed, thinking of his girlfriends. All they wanted to be was model thin.

Sukie stopped himself from thinking of his close Slytherin friends, as he looked at Arianna. The girl did look hungry, so it was better if he did not comment on the amount of food she had taken. Hoping to make her feel comfortable with him sitting in front of her, Sukie grabbed a plate, and took his usual breakfast stuff, such as grapes, muffins, and whole grain cereal.

Sukie remembered the sushi he had made specially for Arianna. Reaching for the sushi tin, Sukie froze as Arianna asked him a question. Sukie gently took away his hand from his pocket, and looked at Arianna.

"Kinda got bored sitting there, so I decided to sit her. I was hoping to maybe meet you and have a chat since its been a long time since we last chatted, hope its okay with you." he said to her with a grin.

Reaching back into his trouser pocket, Sukie took out the sushi tin, and a pair of pink wooden chopsticks. "I made this sushi for you Arianna," he said to her, his brown eyes, looking at hers.

Arianna usually didn't each as much as what she had piled up on her plate that morning, but she wasn't trying to starve herself to be stick thin by any strech of the imagination. She just figured that with all of the walking around the castle she did and running around the expansive grounds so much was sure to help her from ballooning outwards. These past couple months of that were proving to be successful. She never was one to go light on a meal, her cousins had called themselves gluttons a time or two but being an Aspiring chef Arianna was the real glutton.

Well, prehaps glutton wouldn't really be the right word, as she didn't exactly overindulge. She thought that the term glutton was used faar too lightly as to the true meaning of it. But she had a definite passion for food both making it and eating it. Which was proven by her seveal midnight trips to the kitchens, she was quite surprised she hadn't gotten caught yet. But she'd face that day when or if it ever came.

"Thats fine Sukie," she started "We haven't have we? Hmm... How have you been these past few weeks?" she asked, wondering just for a moment how long he had been down here. Long enough to sit around for a while, get bored, and move. Why on earth had be came up there so early? Until about 20 minutes before Arianna had been passed out asleep in her dorm as were Autumn and Luna, neither the really early risers.

When he pulled out the sushi tin Arianna eyed it a bit hesitantly, "Oh that was nice of you, Thanks Sukie." she said although she didn't know how willing to try it she was. She had long since learned not to judge food before she ate it but something about raw fish that just didn't sit right with her. She appreciated the gesture anyways, she would still eat a piece but if she didn't like it she wouldn't eat much more.

That post answered my question ^^

Sukie smiled as he watched the girl eat. Thinking that he would be scaring Arianna by just watching her eat, he too began eating. Sukie bit into his chocolate chip muffin. "Mmmmm..!" he said, not realizing that he had dragged his 'm's. Sukie looked up and realized that Arianna was still eating. "School has been awesome, and I made many good friends!" he said excitedly, answering her first question. "What about you Arianna? How have you been, missing me?" he asked with a grin. His joke was so obvious that he was just teasing her. Sukie laughed at his own joke, before chocking on his muffin.

"I'm so sorry," he said to Arianna, before drinking his pumpkin juice. "All better now!" he said with a rather girlish chuckle, as he flicked his hair. Sukie beamed when Arianna thanked him for the sushi. "And don't worry if you don't eat raw dish, I have cooked sushi, and sushi with vegetables such as Japanese cucumber," he said to Arianna.

"Me, Sukie Takahiro, the Hogwarts Professional Sushi Maker, do not only make sushi with raw fish! I know the students here, they won't go near raw fish," he said with a laugh, watching Arianna's obvious body language.

"So Arianna, are you going to the Yule Ball with anyone?" he asked with a big cute smile.

Xander scurried down the stairs from the Hufflepuff common room. He knew Arianna enjoyed making early trips to the Great Hall and he had to catch her before she left the cavernous oversized cafeteria to do whatever was on her agenda today. He ran a hand through his bouncy light brown curls and stopped short of the doors seeing her talking to that kid who had dressed up as a hot pink voldemort for Halloween. He frowned and took several long legged strides down the length of the hall before arriving at the nearly empty table and having a seat.

"Hello Arianna. Erm. Give me a moment...ah, Sukie right? I'm Xander." he said, sitting with his back leaned against the oak table, he reached an arm carefully around Ari to extend a hand in greeting to the other boy.

"Haha, now all we need is a Lion and house unity would be complete, eh?" he said with a charming smile.

"Excuse me for interrupting but Arianna I have a quick question for you." he said, turning the beaming pearly whites on her, flicking his golden brown orbs to hers.

"I was hoping, that is if nobody has asked you yet, if you would attend Yule Ball with me? I'd meant to ask you earlier but you know how I am about school. I got caught up in exams and i didn't realize how close the dance was until this morning when my room mate was gushing about his date." he continued smoothly but stopped quickly so it wouldn't seem too much like babbling.

"So, erm, has...has anybody asked you?" he added after a moment's silence, mentally berating himself for his voice coming out so weakly,"Or am I too late?"

With a moment's flutter of panic his eyes flicked back to Sukie, wondering if he'd already beaten him to the golden haired beuaty between them. Why else would they be meeting this early in the Great Hall? he thought grimly, his stomach doing flip-flops.

He looked back to Ari for her reply.

[sub]{{sorryyyy. xDD really though, I thought I'd be on hiatus for a bit longer, but like...we got to talking this morning on yahoo and we had plotted with xander and arianna ages ago and i really did just realize yule ball would be coming so soon and she told me sukie was asking arianna. xDD soo she asked me to jump in. if you're interested, xander's twin adrienne is also involved in the plot (she crushes on ari later) annd i could bring her in when this whole thing blows up or whatever, annd sukie could go with her. =D they're both fashion gods~ }}[/sub]

She swallowed her sausage quickly, threatening to get choked herself when Sukie started to choke on the bit of muffin he had eaten. "Are you okay?" she asked her voice full of concern for the boy infront of her that was now taking a big gulp of pumpkin juice. Why on earth was he apologizing for choking? It wasn't like he chose to do it on purpose for some odd reason. When he explained about knowing Raw fish wouldn't be much appreciated here her eyes softened more towards the gift.

"Well thats a relief, I've always been interested in sushi but at the same time I've cooked fish before and the texture is quite slimy. While I'd probably appreciate the flavor the texture of it does worry me." She said opening the tin that had been placed infront of her the picking up the chopsticks. She plucked a piece out of the corner of the tin with the chopsticks easily and popped it in her mouth. "Hmmm... Not bad. You're a good cook Sukie." she said giving a nod, it wasn't nearly what she had been expecting and the guessed she had gotten one of the cooked pieces.

She figured this small silence was a good time to eat the bacon which tended to block out her hearing with it's crunches as she chewed. So she started on that only to watch Sukies mouth start moving again. She chewed as quickly as possible and swallowed it but she hadn't heard a word he said. "Erm... Could you possibly repeat that? The bacon was really crunchy and I couldn't hear you. If I had known how loud it was I would have let you talk first. Sor-" but she was quickly cut off by her friend and crush Alexander Paine.

She looked at him and the smile on her face grew bigger. "Hey Xander." she chirped a greeting chuckling at the house unity observation, because it was true. "Oh, sorry Sukie. It'll only be a second." she said before he started on a ramble asking her to the yule ball, her heart skipped a beat. Was he being serious? She quickly nodded, "I'd love to go with you Xander." she said warmly her smile growing. It was obvious to pretty much everyone but Xander himself that she liked him.

[Ack! I'm so sorry Sukie but we had planned this a while ago but then she got grounded for what was supposed to be over a month and her mom just let her off early yesterday or the day before. But as she said Adriennes free, shes also a Ravenclaw first year. Once again i'm really Sorry! =\]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back