Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
Briar was on the quiditch pitch, flying up and down carrying a bright red ball, each time she got near an end she thrust the ball into the air with a huge amount of force and stopped briefly to watch it sail through one of the large hoops, before racing up to catch it. a couple of years ago when she had started hogwarts she hadn't heard of quidditch, but since she had been chosen to be a chaser on the gryffindor team she had grown a real love of the sport. she had the natural speed ad agility needed from her childhood as well as a strong throwing arm and accurate shot. however much fun this practice was, it was not really the same as training with the rest of the team as there was no one to compete with and practice avoiding.

Daichi walked into the quidditch pitch, wondering when he'll be able to play like the others. Never had he tried out, since he never really had the time, but nevertheless, he really want to be on the team. His blind eye is not a hindrance for him to achieve his dream, it never will be.

Looking around the pitch, he saw a girl about his age practicing the said sport. She was alone, maybe honing her skills. Daichi watched the girl with full attention, observing her every moves. The girl is graceful and agile, characteristics perfect for playing the sport.

Not realizing it, he had shouted what he was thinking."Cool move right there!" Daichi said with a clap of his hands. "Oops... sorry, I did not interrupt you there, did I?" He added, smiling a sheepish smile.​
<i>
</i>

Briar Looked down as she heard someone call out from below. she chased after the ball that she had just throw, then she landed in front of him. "Dont worry about interrupting me, I've been here for ages. do you play quidditch, Im practicing for the house cup. she only told him this because she recognized the boy ad being her house and year, but she didn't think she had spoke to him properly before. "want to have a fly? she said realizing that one of the boys eyes was a little funny looking like one of the older centaurs from her tribe who had ran into a branch, she didn't mention it though knowing that people could be a little touchy about it.

Daichi's smile widened when he saw the girl descended so that she's right in front of him. He had seen the girl before since they are on the same house, however, Daichi never had a chance to talk to her, he wasn't really sure why though. "House Cup? Cool huh, I knew it, you are a player, no doubt since your moves are amazing...." Daichi said, moving his hands to emphasize what he was saying. " Anyways, I'm getting kind of off the topic, I play quidditch back at home, just for fun though, never really played on a formal contest, never got the chance..." He added quite softly. It had been long his dream to be a quidditch player, to represent his house in the house cup and maybe someday, be a professional player, he cares not about the fame, it's the feeling of being victorious on the sport that you really love.

"Can I? But, I have no necessary equipments with me..." Daichi said enthusiasically, he do want to have a fly, but he can't, maybe if he's fortunate enough if the girl would let him borrow her broomstick.

While waiting for the girl's reply, he noticed that the girl had seemed to think that there's something weird with his eyes. Not that he mind it, he's used to it. After all, it's been years since his eyes had been like that. It was actually due to some accident.

"Are you wondering about my eye?" He asked curiously, poiting at his blind eye as he did so. "This one's blind, well, due to some accident long time ago... never mind it though, it never hurts..." Daichi said, talking as if having one blind eye was just natural. "You know, we've been talking so casually but we never had introduced ourselves properly have we? My name's Daichi!" He added, extending his had for a handshake.

Briar was glad that Daichi thought that she was a good player, "thanks, i only joined the team this year, you should come to the next tryouts" she said, no one had been at this years, so everyone who came was on the team. then she added "what position do you play, as you've probably guessed i play chaser" she had a feeling he was a beater but she was probably wrong. It doesn't matter about your equipment, the flying shed is kept practically unlocked, so you can borrow a broom"[/b] she said walking over to the shed and drawing out her wand, "allohomora" she said before going in and rummaging briefly before returning with a broom. "This ones the best, it tends a little to the right, but it still can cope with speed and heights" she said, she had seen people using the school brooms and had used them herself until she had bought her own, hers was an old modal, a firebolt, but it was still pretty good.
when she got back daichi told her about his eye, she had sort of guessed that he was blind from it, but she didn't mind, the centaur who also had a similar eye was the best at aiming arrows in the whole forrest. " that must suck, but i bet you have awesome aim she said before introducing herself "I'm Briar by the way she said.

"When's the next try outs? I'm really informed about it nowadays... geez... got to make a reminder..." Daichi said, scratching his head as Briar told him about the try outs. He wanted to try once but well, either he has to serve detention or he has lots of things to do. But this time, he told himself that before he graduated or even before the year ends, he'll be a part of the team.

"I often play chaser, sometimes beater.... those positions have the most trill in the game, see? Having this feeling of need to score a point or to protect your teammates, that's the best!" He added, moving his hands to emphasize on the things that he was saying. Daichi had that habit, when he talks about something that interests him, his would often do it animatedly which often looks funny to those who see him.

"Thanks! This one will do..." Daichi said when Briar handed him a broom. He was feeling really excited to play in the quidditch pitch and with a player at that. Today was indeed a very lucky day.

"Pleasure meeting you Briar! I'm really fortunate eh? Anyways, I don't really mind being half blind, it's quite a motivation really!" HE added positively. Daichi never ever will be bothered by having only one eye functioning, so long as he can still fly a broom, he'll play quidditch, be it by seeing or by not seeing at all.

Briar frowned, "I dont think the next try out is until next year, there is a notice in the common room beforehand. she said making a note to remind him before the next years tryouts. she wasn't surprised to hear that daichi played beater or chaser.
as soon as Dashi had stopped talking she smiled and said "okay then, lets see what you can do, try and get the quaffle, off me before i score a goal, then i will try the same for you" she said kicking up from the ground and doing a loop he loop to show off to show off a little before getting serious.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Daichi noded in response, he really appreciate the girl's help. "Thank you, I'll look into it..." He said with a smile as he bowed down a little to show appreciation. That was kind of a tradition that they did back in Japan. Bowing is some sort of courtesy. "Alright, I'm ready when you are.." He added as he followed Briar in kicking off from the ground, slowly raising so as to start the said game.​
<i>
</i>

Briar laughed as she dodged daichi letting her get close before swerving under him trying to dodge around him. heading towards the goal, "are you okay back there? she called looking back and dropped the quaffle intentionally, leaving it a few seconds to give him a chance before swooping down ant trying to catch it. unsure if daichi had already gotten it. e looked around wondering where the boy was before tearing along the pitch.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Daichi watched as Briar flew around him. He was deeply amused by the scene that he had not realized that they are already starting. Daichi was brought out of his reverie when he saw Briar drop the quaffle, smirking a little, Daichi swooped down to get it, fast enough before Briar does. People may not notice it but Daichi was actually pretty fast with the broom. He was into quidditch too much that he even practice using his father's old broom when it was vacation. Laughing slightly as he saw Briar tried to catch the quaffle as well, Daichi called back. "Hey Briar, what are you doing? Here it is.." He said with a smile, trying not to look arrogant, he wouldn't want to loose a friend after all.​
<i>
</i>

Briar laughed as Daichi got the ball and she quickly served around and raced after him, she was fast, the stadium was a blur, soon she was in front of the boy, and zigzagging in front of him so close she could almost feel the tail if her broom brushing against his, her lines were so tight all she would seem would be a blur of clothes and red hair. she hoped that this would distract him enough so he would ether drop the ball or throw it dodgy when he reached the goals. however she couldn't see him, but she didn't mind, almost any way he could throw the ball would hit her and not got in the direction he intended. she didn't bind being hit by a ball, she had taken the brunt of enough branches to not mind being hit. "still coping back there? she called another way of distracting Daichi. she was glad to have someone to fly with who didn't know every one of her move like the rest of the Gryfindor chasers, or didn't go soft on her because she was a girl. she enjoyed the competition.

Daichi was actually amazed at how fast his opponent is. Normally, when he plays with his friends, he would be the fastest one but in this case however, it seems that his speed dulls in comparison to the girl. Nevertheless, Daichi is not one to back out from challenges, no matter what will happen, he won't give up. He decided that he'll try his best, the girl had offered to play with him, he cannot just disappoint her by playing so poorly.

Bending closer to the handle of his broom, Daichi slew along the field like a rocket, trying to dodge Briar but not with so much success, she herself is also finding ways to distract him. Thinking of a tactic, Daichi gracefully threw the quaffle in an arc, then he sped up to catch it once again. He wasn't really sure if he did catch it, the tension is quite numbing after all. Without even looking back, Daichi moved towards the goal, hoping that he would score one. "Of course, this is very fun!" He yelled back, not knowing where Briar is as he refused to take his attention away from the goal.

Briar saw the ball fly over her head, she barrel rolled and grabbed it just before Daichis hands gripped it. "loosing your touch two hoof she called streaking towards the other goals, she knew that Daichi like most humans wont know what two hoof meant, but some habits from the past were hard to knock. she turned quickly as to not smash into the stands. she stopped abruptly and spun around again so she was facing Daichi, and then flew sideways, towards her goals, she was a daring flyer and it showed, she was known for experimenting with unusual moves and not care ing if she got hurt, quite a few times she had to be forced to go to the hospital wing several times for to collisions with bludgers, stands, or worst of all team mates. she tried a shot on goal and threw the red ball as hard as she could at the goal hoops.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">"What do you mean by that?" Daichi said in confusion as he had finally noticed that the quaffle was not in his hands, but rather, Briar had it. He was actually dumbfounded as to how the girl had managed to get it. Being back to his senses, Daichi tried to fly so fast to catch up with the girl, he won't allow her to score a point cause if she does, then it would be much harder for him to catch up with the points. bending closer to his broom, Daichi could hardly see everything around him, he's way too focus on the goal that when Briar threw the quaffle there, he abruptly stop the broom. She had scored a point and there's no helping it, all he can do right now is to do his utmost best to score a point as well. "Great job Briar.."
<i>
</i>

Briar heard Daichi say something, but the words were whipped away before she could her them. "what was that, I couldn't hear you" she called.
She was surprised that her ball got through the hoop she sped up after it and caught it before it hit the ground, but only just. she came out of the dive and spun back to Daichi, she threw the ball back to him. "Lets see what you can do she said winking. she had in the last couple of years switched that her main haunt from the Forrest, to the pitch, she had realized that her family would not want her back when she returned, so the thought she should make something of herself in the two hood world so she spent most of her free time spending most of her time on her broom ether on the pitch or off. she then hung back for a second and watched as he did his thing. before zooming back in to join the game.

Daichi smiled widely as Briar threw the quaffle back at him. Now it was his turn to do the offense and he was quite sure that he should be doing his best. He needs to show what he's made off, and he's going to do it now. "I'll do my best!" He said returning Briars' wink as he sped off away from her.

Daichi dribbled the quaffle in the air, throwing and catching it once again as if feeling that he was indeed holding it. Bending down to increase his speed, Daich hold tight on the quaffle and proceeded to do a zigzagging motion so as to confuse Briar. He sure hope that he was doing a great job. He feels really great, it's not everyday that he could play quidditch after all.

Briar watched Daichi catch the ball and saw up along the pitch, she saw him zig zag down the pitch, he was doing n interesting zig zag pattern, it wasn't a regular zig zag and it was random, this confused her a little before she aimed straight into the centre of his path knowing that he would have to swerve slightly in order to not hit her. she then dived randomly to make him wonder what she was doing, then she turned her broom around ant rocketed up and shot up like a cork. he could feel her robes whipping in the air and she thought she felt them hitting something but tht may have been her imagination.
once she was way higher than the stands she dove ahed tried to grab the ball off Daichi before pulling flat to avoid a crash landing.

Daichi was enjoying the feel of the wind while flying so fast. He was quite sure that he was doing pretty well even though he was competing with a player. He felt really refreshed. Without noticing it, he made circling motions as well as zigzagging ones with his broom, he was quite sure that it was his own reflexes that did that. He was also hoping that he had managed to at least confuse Briar a little, looking back at her, he saw her dive randomly, it was quite a shock for him that he almost stop his broom to check out if she's alright only to sped up once again when he saw her rocket up once again. "Jeez, I almost fell for that trap Briar!" He shoute while hugging the quaflle closer to him, he was quite sure that Briar is nearing him, and that is no good at all. Seconds later, his intuition is proved to be right, Briar had indeed grabbed the ball away from him. Felling glad rather than frustrated, Daichi started flying towards Briar once again, this time, bringing his altitude lower just below Briar then speeding up once again to block her path and to grab the ball away from her hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back