Practicing

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary walked down to the pitch for her first Quidditch practice. She saw that Liz had not yet arrived and so she put her Quidditch gear on, and took her Firebolt in her hand. She took off from the ground realising that the lasttime she had been on a broom she had several pieces of Liz's candy. She started by flying around in circles and then tried something she hadn't done since she left home. Going at a steady speed she slowly stood up. She wobbeled slightly and then took off did a backflip under and landed on the broom. She then took her seat and flew around to see if Liz was comming.

Liz ran down to the field with all her quidditch gear, her broom, her beater's bat, and a bag full of several other objects.

"Hey Hilary!" she grinned, mounting her own firebolt. "How's the flying weather today?"

Hilary flew down and smiled at her new captain. "It's really nice, compared to all the rain we've been having. Not too windy , but not too humid. On second thoughts it's just about perfect." She landed nerby and ran over. "So what do you have planned for today?" She gave her another smile

Liz grinned. "Well, fly around a bit. I'll want to get to know your flying style, and you. I need to see who on the team you'd work well with." she gestured to the sky. "For now, let's just fly some simple laps and talk. We'll get into practice in a bit."

She kicked off the ground, and waited for Hilary, smiling.

Flying laps, I think I can do that She took off the ground and hovered slightly next to Liz. She started moving forward around the field I can't believe my luck, my new captain is also one of my first friends here....COOLIO!! She turned to see where Liz was.

(( lol I almost godmobed you three times in there....)))

Liz stretched her arm muscles while she flew. "Okay! Well, the questions I'm going to ask you are almost entirely irrelevant to anything involving the team. Your answers though, will help me get a feel for who you would click well with." she grinned. "I need to do this with all my other team members as well."

Liz switched arms. "Let's see, a good get-to-know-you question... Why do you think you were placed in Gryffindor?"

((I'm not really touchy about minor godmods like that :p If it's something small, go for it))

Hilary flew around beside Liz rolling her shoulders. She had ridden quite a lot back home and the Firebolt seemed even MORE easy to ride than her cleansweep 11 back home. "Well, I think I was placed in Gryffindor because.... I'm not afraid to share my mind, unless it would hurt someone. I work for the good of the group while ruffling as few feathers as possible. But I have the other side that will look for a comprimise, and I have this thing where I can feel everyones side of something." That had been a very long answer for such a short question so as they made the turn towards the goalposts Hilary looked up at Liz.

Liz smiled, and nodded. "All traits that are valued, on the pitch and off." she bit her lip, thinking. "What are your thoughts on inter-house relations? This is a big question, so no rush to answer, and use as many words as you need to."

hmmm this was a topic Hilary had given much thought to
"I'm a very understanding and accepting person. I will hang out with anyone, and I don't make enemies easily. I currently HAVE friends in all four houses and in some cases I don't even notice. This does not mean that I'm not competitive or house spirited , because that's a huge part of who I am, but I don't allow my pride to get in the way of my friendships." She thought for a few second "That being said when it comes to the qualities related to each house I think they define you as much as your family. Yes you still have them but stereotyping or prejudging someone because of that is wrong. Yes, I will be the first to admit that when someone I'm with hear about someones blood status and changes the way they act towards them my first thought is *Slytherin*, but I have been wrong before. I show as much hatred towards a Slytherin I don't know as I showed to you when I heard you were a Malfoy.None at all!

Hilary finished very matter of factly just as they reached the goalposts. She sped up a little and jumped through them spinning and flipping then when she reached the last one she doubled back a little to meet back up with Liz.

Liz grinned. "Good answer. You can imagine it's an interesting topic for me, being a Malfoy in Gryffindor and all." She smiled. "Well, your turn. Do you have any questions for me?"

Hilary dropped back to be even with Liz. " Hmmm, well I guess I'd like to know: Why do you play Quidditch? and what do YOU get out of it?" Hilary had dwelled back into the game but hoped they could stay just on the surface for a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back