Practicing Quidditch (open)

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian walked out onto the pitch with his Firebolt in hand, he hadn't practiced Quidditch since Andy left and decided that now might be a good time. Normally he would try to ask Professor Ana for some more private lessons but he decided it might be better to simply come out and practice on his own today. He wore some basic Quidditch Robes over a sweater and some jeans, it was still cold out and Brian was begining to regret not wearing a hat and mittens since he would be flying high.

Rather than trudge all the way back up to Ravenclaw Tower he simply conceded to sucking it up and trudging forward with the mission since not all Quidditch matches would be ideal and he would need to build up his physical stamina. Brian mounted his broomstick and kicked off hard from the ground, feeling the cold air flow through him as if he were nothing more than a thing sheet of paper. He stopped his ascension for a second to try and get situated to the coldness but then decided that perhaps a few laps around the Quidditch Pitch would help more.

It was times like these that he missed Andy but still the feeling that flying gave him made the feelings less. It was now a funny thought that just last year he didn't think he would ever like flying but thanks in part to Professor Ana and Andy he now loved it. It was a great way to let loose and simply go crazy as he picked up speed and tried to manuever left and right so as to practice his dodging skills. Brian never wanted to be hit by one of the bludgers that were known to knock players off their brooms so he would need to have enough ability to dodge them.

((I figured we ought to RP, haha. Hope you don't mind me joining!))

Violet needed some fresh air. She was dying inside. She felt as though she was going crazy, locking herself away in the common room and reading, or "studying". And no wonder she always felt sick, she thought, as she wasn't living a healthy lifestyle. Limited exercise, erratic sleep patterns and the like. She was losing weight, though, and that was something. She wasn't so...chubby, any more.

So, she grabbed her Firebolt and headed downstairs and out to the Quidditch Pitch, hoping to get some flying in. It was a shame there wasn't really any House Quidditch, what with the TriWizard Tournament. She was a chaser for Hufflepuff, but she rarely got to fly. A real shame. She felt she ought to learn more tricks, because Caysi, the captain, could do all sorts of exciting tricks on her broom, and Violet couldn't really do anything interesting. She could fly fast, but not elaborately. She suppposed it was better than the very limited skill Angus had on a broom, but she really wanted to get a lot better.

She swung her leg over her broom and pushed off, enjoying the feeling of the wind in her hair. It was cold, very cold compared to the warm Brisbane weather, but she'd brought a warm jumper and a comfortable pair of jeans. As she ascended, she noticed a familiar figure flying around. It was Brian! Violet rarely, if ever, saw Brian around. "Hey!" she called out to him, giving him a wave and a warm smile.

((YAY! The RP that took a lifetime!))

Brian was on his tenth lap around and unfortunately was still feeling the cold, however he was consistently able to just truck on through the cold and fly higher, As he flew higher he felt the cold nip at him some more but was clearly feeling the freedom that Andy had always enjoyed. It was more than just a great moment up in the sky since he was able to look out and see the whole school including that ridiculas Tri Wizard Volcano, Brian wasn't going to be bothered with the Tournament unlike the rest of the school.

Brian heard a somewhat familiar voice call out to him. He was carefull to turn his broom quickly but not dangerously so that he could see the flyer, at first he thought it was Andy causing something in his heart to bump a bit faster than normal. Upon seeing the girl more properly without the sun in the way he realised it was Violet, a Hufflepuff girl that had bested him last year in getting the most house points and would probably do it again this year.

Brian simply wasn't interested in such things as he was yet could still appreciate Violet's victory since she definately deserved it, in alot of ways they were alike especially in classes. "Hi Violet!" Brian called out cheerfully as he flew down to meet her "how are you today?" he asked nicely as the wind blew through his veins once more making him shiver slightly, Brian made a mental note. He hated Nargles, then Cold Wind, then crazy Slytherins! (which was all of them of course)

((Violet's so not going to win, it'll be Zazuka, haha.))

Violet smiled as Brian approached, pulling her broom up a little as she tightened her scarf. It was a Wallabies scarf, one that her dad had bought her when they had gone to the rugby together. Yellow clashed horribly with her hair (which was bad for her, being a Hufflepuff), but the scarf was a nice piece of home. "I'm not too bad, how are you?" she asked, as Brian enquired as to her welfare. "I haven't seen you around much lately," she added, stating the obvious. She hadn't seen that many people around much, however, keeping largely to herself over the year. Violet shivered. It was ridiculously cold. She was used to spending December to Feburary in the summer heat. The winter chill was taking a lot of getting used to. After all, in Brisbane, winter was still summer-like. She hoped she'd be able to get used to it by her 5th year at the very least.

Brian tried to smile cheerfully but had to settle for a strained smile at her last comment "well... I just been keeping mostly to myself... studying and all" Brian said trying to sound as if that was the truth. He was glad to see someone out here despite the cold it was interestingly enough, "Practicing Quidditch hopefully Ravenclaw can be good at that since it seems we're going to end up in last place for the House cup" Brian said normally last year he never would've admitted such a thing but this year of course had been nothing but different. "Though I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to stay out here if the wind doesn't settle" Brian said as yet another wind blew past causing his nose to start leaking, he sniffled to try and make the drop go away!

"I know what you mean...I've been doing that quite a bit, too," she admitted. When she did leave the common room, she always looked an utter mess. She tried to go to meals when there weren't as many people, so she wouldn't get stared at. Not, of course, that anybody would stare at me... She remembered the embarassment when, after staying up to read all night, she went to the Great Hall to have some of Bianca's chocolate cake, only to be told by Bianca and Patricia that she looked completely awful. Not a wonderful feeling. "Ooh, Quidditch. I haven't practiced in ages. Pity. I do hope this wind does die down, otherwise I will have to go inside, and I'll be too lazy to come back out until about May." She gave a slight laugh, and shrugged. "I think that unless there's sabotage of Gryffindor, none of the other house have a hope of winning anything!" She rubbed one of her red eyes, hoping Brian didn't think she was rambling. She had a habit of doing that.

Brian laughed a bit at the last comment, she was probably right but he didn't care that much since he was more than willing to try and beat them anyways. "Yeah but with people like that Aiden guy in Gryffindor I'm more willing to bet they'd sabotage themselves" Brian said with a bit of a cold laugh ignoring the wind. He wanted to beat Gryffindor more than ever after he met that jerk and that was before he made Zazuka cry. Brian had never really had time to talk with Violet before considering that in classes they tended to be rivals, she was a pretty good person to chat with "come on I'll race you around the pitch!" Brian said as he quickly flew around her, they both had Firebolts so it would be a pretty fair race as far as broomsitck wise, he wasn't sure if she was a good flyer or not but he was willing to find out.

Violet snorted at Brian's comment about Aiden. "Ah, I see you've had the, um, good fortune of meeting him too," she laughed, shaking her head. She hadn't exactly admired his attitude, nor had she had the desire to talk to him again. Brian seemed to like him even less than she did. Although Violet didn't exactly think he was representative of all the first year Gryffindors. She'd met Hollie, at least, and she was lovely. In fact, there were a lot of really great Gryffindors, like Katalina and Hilary, who she had met at the duelling club. And Harri, Mike and Ellie were pretty cool, too. Andy had been an awesome Gryffindor, and Violet really missed her. But there were some Gryffindors, like Aiden, who were just plain...odd.

"Oh, I'm up for a race...just don't cry when I beat you!" she exclaimed, with a gleam in her eyes as she kicked her broom in to gear, beginning a fast-paced lap around the pitch. She didn't look to see if Brian was following her, but she assumed he was. Man, if I was a seeker, I could get goggles, she thought, as her eyes watered in the cold wind.

Brian chased after her a bit annoyed that she'd just taken off but ready for the challenge. He'd left his goggles back in his room which now seemed like a pretty bad idea as his eyes were begining to water, he trudged on however as he tried to gain some distance on Violet. This wasn't easy since they had the same broom and were going at the same very fast speed, Brian knew if he wanted to beat her or even gain the lead he would have to think of something quick. The wind was blowing slightly west but not enough to effect their speed so Brian knew he couldn't count on that for help, instead he decided to go up a little in altitude which would of course help in gaining a bit.

Brian was a foot above her and while he did loose some distance by flying higher he was now gaining once more, Hopefully he would be able to get the distance he needed and if not then he could at least try. Little by little he began to creep up on her till at last the front tip of his broom was above her head. Brian moved a bit to the left with any luck he would be able to fly down diagonally and take the lead a bit forcefully from her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back