OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
Kiera had just left the Charms classroom where she had been making a study guide. She knew everything from the book but she wanted a more hands on practice. Kiera had always done well in Charms. It was one of her favorite classes plus her wand had been specially designed for charm work. So Kiera headed outside.

Kiera found her favorite tree empty on the lawn. All term she had been trying to produce a successful patronus. Kiera had come close but she had never actually created one. She was determined to accomplish it today. Kiera pulled out her wand and sat down by the large tree. She shut her eyes.

Kiera had been having a rough few weeks but she knew that she would have to block all that out if she wanted to be able to form a Patronus. She tried to think of a memory happy enough for this to work. She thought of Alex and the summer she had spent with him. It had been full of happiness and fun. "Expecto Patronum!" she said.

A silver shield like thing burst out of the tip of her wand. It was no better than the last time she had tried this charm. Kiera shook her head. Thinking about Alex now would not help. He was acting different toward her these days. She had a feeling in her gut that he didn't believe her. He didn't trust her. He didn't want her anymore. Memories of Alex would not do any good for her patronus.

Kiera's thoughts turned to James. James had never been anything but wonderful to her. He was someone she couldn't do without. Like a drug whose hold she could not break. She thought back to the night in the Tower with him. Everything had been so perfect and secluded. Like their own world. James told her he loved her, something Alex had never done. Kiera's heart swelled with happiness at the thought.

Without thinking, Kiera waved her wand. "Expecto Patronum!" she said. From her wand tip burst forth a dolphin. It swam through the air and Kiera watched with fascination. Her face lit up with happiness. Dolphins were her favorite animal. It was a beautiful and intelligent animal. Perfect and free. Kiera grinned as the dolphin swam around her before it disappeared.

Leah strode down to the Great Lawn and away from the hot and stuffy castle. She had had her head emerged in a book for the majority of the day, and had happened to look out of a window and see that it was indeed a lovely day. As she walked she admired the trees and birds, and felt alone. She was alone, and it hadn't changed since arriving at Hogwarts. A Sixth and a transfer was not helping matters much.
Leah frowned, feeling a slight bit of irritation, which she would surely take out on whomever she saw next. And the person she saw next happened to be a girl who looked about her age. She was practicing her patronus and after a few tries she managed to conjure one.
As Leah watched it disapear she began to think of her own patronus which she hadn't cast in a very long time. She doubted that she actually had the ability anymore. Inwardly shrugging, Leah walked past the girl, giving her a fleeting glance.

Kiera saw a girl, about her age walk by. The girl appeared to be about her age give or take a year. The other girl had given her a quick look. Kiera wondered if the other girl had read the article and that it was the reason she looked at Kiera. Kiera smiled at her, after all, there was no reason to be rude. "Hello," she said in a friendly voice to the girl.

"You're Kiera." Leah commented, stopping in her stride. She knew she had recognized her from an article about her in the library. Leah had not particularly liked the article, feeling that the situation was exaggerated quite a bit. "Hey." She frowned at her, her mind still thinking of what that woman had written. It was only a matter of time before that woman wrote another article on someone else.

Kiera's face heated up as the other girl said her name. It was clear at that point that the other girl had read the article. Kiera was embarrassed by the recognition. She nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm Kiera, Kiera Kingsley." she said introducing herself properly. The other girl had a frown on her face. It caused Kiera to blush more.

Leah had changed over the course of the past month or so. She was still stand offish towards others but she had been trying harder to be nicer to people. In fact, she felt bad for Kiera, wondering how many howlers she had received. "Yes." Noticing Kiera's blush she added, "I hated that article."

Kiera was caught off guard by the other girl's comment. It pleased her slightly though to know that not everyone at the school hated her. Kiera smiled gratefully at the girl. "It's not accurate you know. Its way more complicated than that.I would never do what that article says I would." she said quietly. Kiera didn't think the other girl cared but maybe she would.

Leah smirked. She was a female, and James and Kiera looked incredibly chummy in the photo of them. It was not her place to say, but she wondered if something more was going on between the two. Of course the author of that article had exaggerated, no question about it. It was still mysterious though. Leah walked closer to Kiera, so that they were closer together. "You don't have to tell me that. It's a gossip article and everything is turned around in those."

Kiera smiled a true, genuine smile at this new girl. She was being nice to Kiera when she didn't have to be. She didn't mind it as the other girl walked closer to her. "Thank you." she said, the sincerity ringing in her voice. "For being nice to me that is. Everyone except my friends seem to believe the reporter's vulgar lies." she said making a face. Kiera hated Cynthia Vandervoort.

Leah gave Kiera a small smile in return. "Well, people are stupid." She said. "I'm not surprised. At least you have true friends though. I've never had a true friend. I don't doubt that people would turn against me if I was in an article like that." She shrugged, feeling a little embarrassed for telling Kiera that. "Anyway."

Kiera smiled at Leah. "With all the letters I'm getting there must be a good deal of stupid people." she said, jokingly. Kiera had learned that if she took it too serious it would only cause her more grief. Kiera shook her head. "I didn't have any friends until I came here. I was homeschooled as a kid." Kiera explained. "I'll be your friend." Kiera offered. The girl seemed like she would be a good friend. She was nice and friendly in the least.

"Well, yes." Leah agreed with a smirk. "I've met alot of stupid people. Perhaps they were the ones sending you howlers?" She knew that Kiera had to have gotten howlers. And victim of that womans article's usually did. She wondered if she would ever get put in one of those. She rolled her eyes. She was not significant enough.
Leah looked away as Kiera offered to be her friend. "Thanks." She said. She was happy, because Kiera seemed like a cool girl, but she was unsure if she could be a good friend in return.

Kiera laughed. "Perhaps they were. I received a load of them. Plus a ton of cursed ones. I just throw them in the fire. I made the mistake of opening one of them." she said shuttering and shaking her head. It hadn't been pleasant.

Leah nodded with understanding. Luckily she had never received a howler, but she had seen people get them and a small part of her felt a little bad for them. "Yes. Just throw them in the fire." She agreed.

"Oh." Leah had forgotten about that. She usually did not introduce herself to others, just because she was stand offish, but she had completely forgotten to tell Kiera her name.
"I'm sorry. It's Leah. Leah Winters."

Kiera grinned at the girl as she said her name was Leah Winters. "Its a pleasure to meet you Leah." she told the other girl. For some reason, the name sounded familiar. As if she had heard of this girl before but she couldn't think of where she heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back