Practice Makes Perfect

Anna Lasten

Anna sat in the courtyard and took out her wand. She wanted to be prepared to meet any challenges in class, though her skills were not where she wanted them out. She had gone to the library and briefly glanced over some of the spells in her books, and now wanted to put them to the test. "Lumos" She said, hoping to succeed in such a simple spell. A light shone from the end of the wand. She grinned; although she wanted to try some different spells, like Expelliarmus or Stupefy, but she wasn't cruel enough to use it on an unsuspecting student. Anna then starting practicing Protego, not even noticing a boy watching her.

Fayt was at the courtyard lying at the soft grass, a book covering his face. It's not that he was tired or anything, he just wanted a nap. He was being bored after all after not having anything better to do, his twin sister was already fine with her new found friends, while he, he's still aloof, not wanting to socialize or anything. He was already close to falling a sleep when he heard someone spoke, going into a sitting position, he quickly scanned his surrounding for the owner of the voice. Not more than a minute, he found the said person, a girl who is pretty much around his own age. He watched her silently as she tried to do some spells. He was determined not to say anything until he noticed that she was doing something wrong. "Protego's not like that.." He said nonchalantly, completely unaware that he had spoken his thoughts out loud.

Anna was beginning to get frustrated; the spell wasn't working like the book had told her it was suppose to work. She knew it would take practice, practice, and more practice, but that didn't stop her from trying. Her head shot up when she heard someone speak to her, and her frustration grew when she registered what the boy had said. "I know,she said in a rude tone, "No need to point out the faults." Normally Anna would have been nice to anyone she met, but her mood was sour. She put her wand back in her arm sleeve where she kept it for quick access and stood up. "And what would your name be?" She said a bit too mean for her.

Fayt raised an eyebrow when the girl had retorted back at what he had said. He was quite confused, it's not like he had said the words too loud, had he? Nevertheless, he decided to remain impassive, looking uninterested to whatever the girl had to say. "You should be thankful that I pointed it out, otherwise, you'll be in the infirmary right now..." He said bluntly, albeit in a very egoistical manner as he looked at the girl with a bored gaze.

He then watched her as she stood up and ask what his name was. He founds it rather amusing yet irritating at the same time. "I'm nobody.. why do you ask?" He said in an arrogant way, turning his gaze at the other students in the far side of the courtyard.

Anna watched with a prissy expression on her face. The boy raised his eyebrow at her in a almost curious way, but went back to being emotionless. Anna grew more and more irritated with the boy. How could someone not show any emotion when being yelled at? The boy said she would be in the infirmary if he hadn't said anything, and she finally said, "Let's see you try it then!" She hoped he would and would fail, but she had a feeling he would make up an excuse not to try it.

Anna almost screamed when the boy didn't even say his name. This boy was frustrating, and she was determined to make him show some emotion. "Because people who insult other people shouldn't be nobodies. They are normally people who think they are so high and mighty that they pick on other people but cower at the face of a real challenge." The insult wasn't great, but it was off of the top of her head.

Fayt had to fight out a laugh as the girl challenged hm to conjure the spell. He can do it perfectly as he had seen his adoptive parents do it sometime. However, he's not one to show off especially if he deemed it to be so unnecessary. "Try what? Protego? Never mind..." He said, still with that monotonous voice of his. "Protego's a defensive spell, how can you do it if you don't have anything to deflect..." He added, running his delicate fingers to his golden locks.

Fayt scoffed at the girl's statement, he found it rather amusing for her to say such thing. "I'm not insulting you am I? I'm just being honest.." He said nonchalantly, an egoistical smirk appearing on his flawless face. "So what if I think that I'm high and mighty?" He then added randomly, the annoying smirk still plastered on his face.

Anna noticed the boy holding back a laugh and fumed even more. Then he tried to play it off nonchalantly, just like she thought he would. "You don't need anything to deflect, it's just a shield." She said confidently. She actually didn't know exactly what Protego was, just that it deflect a spell, and she didn't know the requirements to make it work, but that didn't stop her from fighting the boy.

Anna put an offended look on her face when the boy scoffed at her. She was mad, and more than a little insulted. "Didn't your mom ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" Anna didn't care that he was being honest. Her thought process was if you are going to be honest, don't be brutal. Then he smirked at her and said the thing that made her crack. She slapped him across the face, wiping the smirk off of his face.

"A shield eh? well, you do have a point, didn't think you'll be able to think that thing up..." Fayt said casually, looking at the girl with a rather amused but still bored look. Protego was indeed just like a shield, but even so, he didn't care, a defensive spell is still a defensive spell no matter how you look at it. What's the use if there's nothing to defend yourself from?

Fayt just continued to smirk at the girl's offended look, not that he cared about it, what he had said was what he was thinking, he's tactless, he'd tell what he's thinking especially if it was the truth. "My mom eh? Which one? The biological, or the adoptive?" He retorted, yawning as he was getting a little sleepy. However, a slap on his face made him think twice about taking a nap once again. It was rather unexpected. Quite surprised by the sudden contact, Fayt touch his face, thinking whether he was just imagining things. However, that shock was easily gone as fast as it had come to him. With a raised of an eyebrow, he looked at the girl, eyes' holding little emotion in them. "Are you satisfied now?" He asked, his voice rather cold and void of emotion.

Anna's forehead creased as she frowned more. "I'm not an idiot, now am I?" She said, more for her than the boy. She wasn't sure how to deal with someone that wasn't very kind, as most people responded positively towards her kind nature. Doubts about herself crept in, her demon presenting itself, but she hid it. Anna's eyes opened wide in shock when he said 'biological, or the adoptive.' Out of habit she almost said I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! but caught herself just in time. She would not show the boy pity.

Anna grinned immensely when she saw the boy in shock and he touched his face. It was gone fast, but Anna reveled in it. She had finally gotten him to show something other than coldness. "Why yes, yes I am." She said in a happy and arrogant tone. No matter how his voice sounded, she knew that the boy was mad at her and did have feelings. "Now are you going to come out of this depressed state of yours and actually show me what'cha got?"

"I didn't say that you are an idiot, you're the one implying that to yourself..." Fayt said with a shrug, yawning again. It's some sort of a bad habit, when something held no interest for him, he'll yawn, not even bothering to hide his indifference. He did saw the flash of pity and shock on the girl's face when he asked whether she was talking about his biological or adoptive mother, but he didn't want to say anything about it, he hated it when someone pities him, for he, he himself had decided to get rid of that emotion.

Fayt frowned a little when the girl said that she was indeed satisfied with what she had done. "You are satisfied with just that? pathetic..." He said with equal arrogance as her, he wouldn't give her the satisfaction of thinking that she had gotten him. "Depressed am I? You're hallucinating...insane.." He continued on, wondering how this girl had gotten the idea that he was depressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back