OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Ajaccio hadn’t thought twice about writing the little note for Professor Mowry on the board before he’d left the room, but, he noticed as he’d walked out that Nicole wrote on the board after him, he hoped that her words, his and anyone elses would end up helping the professor feel better. He heard Nicole’s voice as she caught up to him. He smiled at her easily, ”I’ve really enjoyed his teaching,” Ajax said with a shrug, ”I was about to head outside to the lakefront, do you want to join me?” Ajax offered to her. He had planned to go outside, he wasn’t sure if he was going to study but there was a little time to revise potions without the lesson itself so it might be a good thing he could do and he was more than happy to do it along with Nicole if she wanted to join him. He hadn’t spent too much time with her in this semester yet, so, he thought it could be fun.

Nicole smiled when Ajax commented about Professor Mowry. She had rather enjoyed his class so far too, he was so mysterious and fashionable it was hard not to like him. "Me too! He's definitely quite different from Professor Pendleton," Professor Pendleton also seemed to be unwell a lot and Nicole wondered if it was a side effect from brewing potions a lot. She frowned at the thought, hoping that wasn't the case as she rather enjoyed it.

She perked up when Ajax mentioned studying outside, adjusting her bag and nodding. She liked spending time with Ajax. He was easy to get along with and Nicole envied his relaxed attitude. "That sounds nice, let's do that." Nicole tried not to fuss with her hair too much once they got outside, heading down towards the lake. There was a bit of a breeze and Nicole was sure it was making her fair look crazy. They took a seat near the shore and Nicole took the chance to tie her hair back before they pulled out their notes. "I wish I could just let my hair be all crazy like you do," She said with a laugh, tucking a few stray hairs behind her ears. "Should we quiz each other on ingredients?"

Ajaccio was pleased when she decided to join him outside. He walked with her as they exited the castle, headed down towards the lake. There was a little breeze but it was nice, keeping the weather from being too overly cold for him. He liked that a lot. It did mean the wild untamed curls of his moved around in the air, likely going to only grow more messy with time, ”I don’t have much of a choice, but I wouldn’t have it any other way,” he joked with a wide smile, and truly he didn’t mind having his hair be free and crazy and to become a bit of a bird’s nest but it wasn’t like he had too much of a choice in the matter anyway. He took out some of his notes from potions and laid them out in front of him. He looked back up at Nicole and nodded lightly, ”Sure, erm, what’s an ingredient used in the deflating draft?” he asked. It was one of the first things on his notes. He didn’t have great notes, he’d always struggled with the written revision elements of the classes, the potions themselves he could do, but the ingredients learning, that was another matter.

"I know, but you own it," Nicole said fondly, trying to resist the urge to fuss with her own hair again. She'd give anything to be as confident about her appearance as Ajax seemed to be. She knew if she had big bushy hair or eyebrows she'd be a mess even more so than she was now.

She was pleased Ajax did want to go along with revising, half worried she'd misunderstood and he'd just wanted to hang out outside and not do actual study, though she couldn't help but peer at his notes when he pulled out his own. "Wow, are those your notes?" Nicole said, laughing and tilting her head as she tried to read what Ajax had written down. "You should put together a study guide- I mean. If you want I could help- I mean. Merlin, sorry I sound like a huge nerd now," Nicole said with a nervous laugh, busying herself digging in her bag for a quill to hide her face. "But it's uh. Daisies. They're in the deflating draught," She added a bit belatedly, straight back up and clearing her throat. "What can you use shrivelfigs in?"

Ajaccio looked at his notes as she looked at them. He laughed lightly at her words and then listened as she offered her help. But seemed to almost dismiss it. ”Actually I could really use some help,” he told her. He laughed lightly, but there was a nervousness to it. ”Turns out, despite going to a lot of schools, I’m not very good at studying or note taking but I'm really trying” he had a wide smile, but it was a little forced. He had really come to realise that he could manage the practical lessons, could do the spells, but his notes and any lecture based classes were not things he could do. He stumbled in getting the information down, and his revision was always pretty poor. ”I could definitely use your help if you are offering it,” he told her. He knew there was nothing wrong with asking for help and Nicole was a friend, his first friend. He knew she’d asked a question, a revision question but he wanted to first answer this. If he knew he could get some help then he’d feel better for it.

Nicole looked up from where she was fussing with her notes, quill pausing as Ajax admitted he did need some study help. Nicole wouldn't dare go around saying she was a study expert, she'd even caught herself pretending she didn't know certain things in class so people wouldn't think she was a huge dork, but she'd had a decent work ethic when it came to studying instilled in her from her mum that she couldn't shake. "Oh- Oh okay, of course," She said, giving Ajax a reassuring smile. She'd never have the guts to say she was struggling, and she admired Ajax for knowing his weaknesses at least. "Well, for now maybe you can copy some of my notes? That way at least you have all the info to go over. I like to make flash cards too sometimes to help me remember things, especially with runes or potions," She said, trying not to feel shy mentioning the flash cards. They were more fun to study with, but definitely one of her more uncool study choices.

Ajaccio was sure that Nicole would help him, they were friends after all and that was what friends did, they helped each other out. He knew he probably needed her help more, especially considering all of the help he needed with studying, but he was sure that he could make it up to her somehow, maybe in time. He smiled at her, returning the reassuring look that she gave him, and nodded, ”Sure your notes don’t seem like a bad place to start,” he agreed. He wasn’t sure how they would be in comparison to his own notes and could maybe figure out how she found information and decided to pick certain things to write down. ”I’ve always been a visual and doing learner. So like I picked up languages by speaking to people, and I can manage the practical, but it’s all this theory, all the formal stuff I can’t wrap my head around. Flash cards would be good,” he told her by way of explanation not to make up for his lack of knowledge but perhaps to explain it. It went without saying in his mind that until hogwarts he just hadn’t needed to have that information.

Nicole returned Ajax's smile, spreading her notes out cautiously so he could see them but they wouldn't blow away. "Maybe if it's easier you can take quick notes in class and then do them properly later using your text book? So you don't miss anything," She wasn't sure how to explain what to write down, though she tried to remember some of the tips her mum had given her when she'd first started Hogwarts. "I'm really good at following instructions and recipes I think, but I don't think I'm very 'visual'," She said sheepishly as Ajax talked about his own learning style, envious of him being able to pick up languages apparently so easy. "Is that how you learnt French and stuff?" She asked curiously, before digging in her bag for some spare parchment. "Maybe we can make you some flash cards for potions then?" Nicole wasn't sure if that counted as visual or not, but it was arguably more fun than just reading stuff from a text book.

Ajaccio had always thought about using the textbook later to fill out the lacking notes, but he could admit that perhaps the reason he hadn’t was because he got distracted, there was always something more engaging for him to be doing, there was always something else for him, so he just didn’t really go back to the books when he was supposed to and when would help his notes, but if that was something that could help perhaps he needed to focus a little more on doing it. He nodded as she said what she was good at, it seemed she was probably better suited to school where he was perhaps not. ”Yeah, it helped I was in the countries, so I’d talk to people, and just be so immersed in the language that I picked it up,” Ajaccio had always managed just fine, a lot of conversations and a little real learning in the background, but he picked it up because of those around him. ”Let’s make flashcards!” he agreed, ”How do we do that?” he had seen flashcards before but never made any.

Nicole gave a wistful sigh when Ajax talked about his time travelling. 'Immersion'. She was so jealous. "Wow, that's so cool though. No wonder you're in Ravenclaw," She said, brushing her hair back behind her ears. She smiled when Ajax seemed to take enthusiastically to her idea, relieved it hadn't come across too lame or nerdy. "Oh, okay. Well, we'll need to pick some questions and answers and stuff. So like, we can write an ingredient on one side and a potion it's in on the back," She said, digging in her bag for some spare parchment they could split up into cards. "Here." Nicole handed Ajax the parchment and a set of scissors, wishing she knew a cutting charm to make things a bit faster. "This would be easier at a desk. Or inside," She added with a giggle as the wind blew again.

Ajaccio had assumed a lot of people didn’t think he was much of a ravenclaw, given his lack of interest in studying and the fact he hadn’t done as well as he could in those first few years. But he liked learning, had always liked learning, it was just the structured nature of school that he had always disliked. It had been the reading, and the note taking that he’d always been bad at. He could use Nicole’s help and he was more than willing to. He nodded as she explained how they would do the flashcards, it seemed rather obvious when she said it like that, and he thought that the act of making the flashcards would help him in trying to remember. He nodded at her instructions, and laughed a little as she produced a set of scissors, ”Do you just carry around scissors on the off chance you might need to make flash cards,” he joked lightly, though he was glad for it, he might’ve used magic or his hands but that worked well too. ”But where’s the fun in that? If we have to chase the flashcards then that’s part of the fun, right?” he took a quill and some of the cut up bits of parchment and from his notes began to write down the ingredient on one side and the information on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back