Post Quidditch Blues

Anthony Blade

OOC First Name
Zach
After being forcibly removed from the Quidditch match after the Slytherin beaters had rudely ganged up on him, Anthony walked painfully through the castle before eventually making his way up to the Hospital Wing. He wished that he had been allowed to finish the game, he could deal with being stuck in the Hospital Wing for a couple of days if it meant that he could help lead Hufflepuff to victory. He took a seat on one of the beds and waited to see if a nurse or someone would come and find him, he was sure Clem wouldn't be too far.. he knew she only came to the games to be supportive.

Clementine had watched with horror as her boyfriend had been hit one too many times for him to continue playing and had to be sent to the Hospital Wing. She had rushed down from the stands to check on him, leaving Merrill behind because she had an obligation to stay for the school paper. Clementine supposed she could've stayed behind to watch the remainder of the game so she could tell him the outcome of the game, but she couldn't stay there knowing he was in the Hospital Wing alone so they would both have to find out if his injuries had been worth it for a possible win. Clementine pushed the doors to the Wing open cautiously and looked around for the Hufflepuff boy. She spotted him right away and went over to his bed, smiling despite the circumstances and breathed out, "Anthony!" As she scanned him for his injuries she pouted lightly as she said, "How are you feeling? That looked really bad." Last year Anthony had managed to get off injury-free so this was a completely unexpected thing she was not used to seeing and she wasn't sure if she liked watching him play after all.

Anthony heard a door open and looked up, expecting it to be a nurse he smiled when he saw it was Clementine instead. He braced himself, expecting her to hug him but smiled a bit brighter when she didn't, but rolled his eyes slightly when she pouted at him. It wasn't like he could control the game and the Slytherin's targeting him. But he was ultimately glad that she had come even though she looked really worried. "Hey beautiful," she said. "I'm sore, those bludgers aren't fun." He said, wincing as he moved himself. "Did you happen to catch the end of the game?" He asked, desperate for any information that would tell him who had won the game.

Clementine smiled wanly as he greeted her, glad he seemed somewhat okay. She had refrained from hugging Anthony because she didn't want to make any of his injuries worse, but she stepped closer and gingerly put her hand on his shoulder, wanting to touch him in some way. She leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek and then shook her head at his question. "No I'm sorry, I left as soon as I saw them taking you out," she said, a little scoldingly but she smiled at him anyway. "Merrill had to stay behind to watch but she said she'd come visit you soon, so she'll probably know who won," she said hoping the answer would quell him for now. The nurse still hadn't arrived so Clementine said, "You should lay back on the bed," pushing him gently to do so. As an aspiring Healer, Clementine couldn't help but worry about him and asked, "Where does it hurt?"

Anthony frowned a little bit when she said she didn't know who won, but he relaxed a bit when he said Merrill would probably come along with an answer before long. He appreciated her coming to check up on him and the concern she was showing towards him. He laid back when she asked him too and chuckled a bit painfully at her gentle push. He pointed to his shoulder, his stomach & lower back. "The last bludger winded me a little bit." He told her. He didn't like looking overly weak in front of her but he didn't want to pass up the kind of treatment that he would ultimately need.

Clementine frowned when he pointed out the areas that hurt, feeling particularly worried for the pain to his stomach. She was glad he hadn't protested to leaning back on the bed and took a seat beside him, facing him. She took his hand in hers and smiled as she said, "You played really well today. I'm sure your team will appreciate your hard work even if they don't win." One of the players on his team had taken a hit that was aimed for him which was bad for the other person but Clementine was glad Anthony hadn't been hit worse. She looked over him and let go of his hand as she gently applied pressure on his abdomen. "Does it hurt here?" she asked, in pseudo-Healer mode. She was checking to make sure his ribs weren't broken. "And don't bother lying to the nurses to make yourself seem tougher because that wouldn't benefit you at all," she said sternly, smiling at him afterward.

Anthony felt the blood rush to his cheeks when Clem said that he had played well throughout the match, he had been trying his best and he hoped that his team shared her sentiment and wondered if any of them would come and see him. He gave her a smile and winced when she pushed on one of the spots where he had been hit by a bludger. "Y-yeah." He told her with a frown, and he pouted when she said that he shouldn't act tough. He sighed, "I wouldn't because I know you'd worry too much if I didn't get healed properly." He said with a grin. The last thing he wanted was for her to end up worrying about him when he would be fine if he just told the truth.

The fact that Anthony said it did hurt when she had pressed against his abdomen worried her, and she chewed on her lower lip in thought. "I hope your ribs aren't broken," she said quietly. At least she was able to take comfort in the fact that the nurses would be able to mend them with a wave of their wand if needed. She wished she could lift his robes to check and see if he had any bruising where he hurt so she could try and diagnose if he had broken ribs herself, but the thought of doing that made her blush so she simply took his hand in hers. She couldn't wait to be a Healer and help people in this way as well. She smiled when he reassured her that he wouldn't lie to them because she'd worry, which was exactly why she'd warned him. She chuckled as she said, "Good," and leaned forward to give him a kiss on his cheek. "Do you think you guys will win the season again?" Clementine was proud that he was a good player but she was afraid for him more than ever now that Hufflepuff were defending champions.

Anthony grimaced at the thought of his ribs being broken and didn't like the idea of it at all. It would certainly mean that he would be stuck in here for a while and maybe he wouldn't be able to participate in the next Quidditch game but he hoped that it was a simple fix either way. He watched Clementine's face blush red and he was curious what she was thinking of, but he gentle pulled her down so that he could give her a kiss on the cheek. He pondered her next question and shrugged, "I hope so, I just hope we manage to win this game." He said with a concerned look.

Felix had loved playing quidditch, but being a nurse in the school where he then had to deal with the injuries that always followed the games were certainly less fun. He didn’t think it would stop people playing it, but it was just a lot of work, and the kids were sometimes quite young. Certainly the hufflepuff game with slytherin house wasn’t going to go well. He noted the determination of the slytherin players, and was unsurprised when the first of the players trickled in. He looked at the young boy sat on one of the bed, and began gathering getting what he needed, by the time he returned the boy had been joined by a girl, who was about the boy’s age, maybe a girlfriend? He didn’t care really, he walked over, ”Alright, I’m Felix, the nurse, can you tell me what hurts?” he told the boy wasting no time in figuring out what had happened, since he could figure that out. He knew what had happened, the quidditch gear gave it away pretty easily, ”We’ll get you fixed up in no time I’m sure,” he assured them both, knowing that if the boy was able to hold a conversation with someone the injuries wouldn’t be too bad. Unless he was just really resilient to the pain and effects of it.

Clementine smiled when he kissed her cheek and patted his hand sympathetically when he mentioned wanting to know the outcome of the game. She wished she knew too so he'd stop worrying about it, but before long the nurse showed up to heal him. Clementine stood up from the bed and stepped back to let the nurse do their thing, watching with admiration as he did his job. She still hadn't figured out what branch of Healing she wanted to do, she liked it all, so watching this man perform his duties was interesting to her. "He said he feels a bit winded from the hits," Clementine decided to say, in case Anthony forgot to mention it. She didn't want it to become a problem later on if they neglected to address it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back