Pondering

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
The Lakefront was one of the only places that Lisa could think these days. She had been so busy since starting school at HNZ that she was locking away feeling and memories that she had no problem expressing before. The article about her in that acursed Magazine had brought her crashing down to the ground again. She needed time to think and be alone; to sort out everything in her head.

Sitting down underneath a wide oak, Lisa lay back and closed her eyes, thinking through all the events of the past few days. It was a whirlpool of mixed emotions; happiness, shock, anger, hurt, delight. How will I get through this? was her first thought.

Forever had just had her mother send over one of her favorite outfits. Since it was absolutely perfection, Forever decided to strut outside showing just how wonderfully dressed she was. Her red hair was let down today. Her sun glasses were placed on her face fitting it pefectly. Her legs walked in long normal steps as she wondered across the lawn.

Forever always seemed to walk in long strides. Her mother would always yell at her telling her to stop and smell the flowers. Forever would however snap at her telling her that the flowers weren't worth smelling. That was always true. If the flowers were given to Forever by someone other than her good for nothing parents than they may just be worth keeping in a vase full of water.

But really the saying was not about flowers at all, but instead about taking time to experience the details of life. Something that Forever never wanted to do. Finally she reached a young girl who was sitting under a tree right near the lakefront.

The first reaction was to see the girl's outfit and her overall appearance. Not the best at all. Maybe I could gloat about mine She thought as she walked over and took a seat next to the girl, not close yet enough to hold a conversation, if this girl was worth it. "Hello" Forever said her voice almost cheery. Why wouldn't she be cheery, her outfit was perfect.

Lisa nearly jumped as she was addressed, instantly snapping out of her pondering mood. Her first reaction was anger; why wouldn't people leave her alone when it was clear that she wanted to be? But then she realised that it was her temper towards Slytherins that had got her into this mess, and so she smiled at the stranger.

"Hello," she said, in her chirpy London accent, which suited her, considering her size and general shape. "I'm Lisa."

Forever took in the girl's voice hoping that this girl wasn't one of those bubbly people that Forever wanted to strangle with the first sign of true cheerfulness. Really Forever wasn't in the mood for a fight. First off her clothing did not suit a fighting mood and second off she well really Forever always could get into a verbal fight. Never physical though. Could you imagine this first year Slytherin actually swinging at someone. Probably with her thin body she could pack a punch, but at what cost? A rip in her outfit, a broken nail, a mess of hair. Not going to happen. Instead Forever just hoped that that girl who introduced herself as Lisa was just trying to be fake happy and nice like Forever was. If so then they both could cut the crap, if she was only pretending. Forever would find out.

"Nice to meet you Lisa" Forever said. Yes she was polite yet only due to the way she was brought up. In any other situation she might not have acted th same way. For a moment Forever took off her sunglasses glancing over at Lisa with her bright blue eyes. Without a minute passing, Forever put the sun glasses back on her face fearing the sun would hurt her delicate eyes.

"I'm Forever Aura Winter" Forever said proudly. Her name suited her very nicely. Maybe not the Aura part but the Forever Winter. It always fixed on her cold inside and feelings. Not bothering to stick out her name as these were informal introductions, Forever looked out over the lake, looking right through the girl named Lisa. Should I even be wasting my time with such a girl Forever thought deciding to find out sooner than later. "So what brings you outside?" She asked simply her tone still relatively nice.

Lisa nodded at this girl's acknowledgement of her name - Forever. It was a name that did not sound right on Lisa's tongue;she had never heard a girl with the name before. "Likewise," she said, taking in the girl's appearance in one cool sweep of her eyes. She was perfectly dressed, with deep red hair. This was a person who did not like to look bad.

"What brings me outside?" The Ravenclaw was stumped for a moment. She dropped her gaze for a moment, and her smile - which felt so fake on her face - slid away. She decided to tell the truth. "Things that have happened recently." She looked at Forever again, her green eyes meeting the sunglasses.

Forever didn't bother to actually look at the girl anymore. Her eyes seemed focused on her for the simple reason that her head was directed in the girl's direction. The only thing hiding the fact that Forever wasn't looking at Lisa was her own sunglasses. Which was not the reason that this Slytherin wore them, but really they came in use. Maybe Forever would end up wearing them more often in case she came upon a total loser in the near future. With the people in this school that will be probably the next person I see She said glancing over at the girl named Lisa for a moment a smile falling off her face.

Things that have happened recently. Ohh so mysterious Forever thought sarcasticly. Gosh why was this girl trying to be mysterious or maybe she was just like that. Mystery was boring except in extremely cute guys. Other than that Forever couldn't care less about the unknown. Maybe something exciting happened A small voice in Forever's mind spoke up just loud enough for this red head to pick up on the possibility.

"Well what happened recently" Forever asked trying to figure out what had happened big in the school. Nothing came to mind. Maybe something happened to this girl in the family. Ha those are always interesting and amusing stories Forever thought knowing that she might get a little amusement if this girl named Lisa would just spit out why she was outside in the first place.

Forever looked back over at the lake thinking about how she had heard a few Slytherin students talking about swimming in and finding mermaids. How disgusting was that? Jumping into a gross and cold lake finding scaley skinned creatures. God didn't they ever hear of lotion. Mermaids must be extremely dumb. Forever thought as the small silence filled the gap between the conversation.

"What happened?" Lisa looked at the girl again, a frown flickering across her face for a moment. Should she open her heart to a total stranger? It seemed reckless, and Lisa wasn't known for being an impulsive person. That job was taken by her Gryffindor friends. Her small fingers combed through her long blonde hair for a moment.

"Well, I was bullied by a Slytherin," she began, her green eyes scanning Forever's face for a reaction. That would tell her more about the girl. "And there was an article about me in that bloody Gossip magazine!" She glanced down, trying, but failing, to hide her hurt.

The frown that appeared on the face of the girl named Lisa made Forever feel slight superior. The unhappiness of others always seemed to brighter the mood of this Slytherin. Times of unhappiness that occured with others seemed usually caused by Forever herself. Much like the time back in her old school in which Forever and her best friend Amy stole this one girl's horrible glasses and stomped right on top of them. Thinking back on it even made Forever smile. We were helping that girl out. Those glasses were a fashion disaster. Plus after that she put contacts in those bug eyes of hers Forever thought remembering the day as if it was yesterday. Oh how she missed her best friend and those times.

Bringing herself into the conversation once more she heard the real reason that Lisa was outside, what had happened. Bullied by a Slytherin and the Gossip Magizine Forever thought a hint of disappointment flashing through her eyes. Not that it was seen through her sunglasses. Her face remained rather blank not knowing how to go about showing her emotions.

"That gossip magazine was pathetic" Forever said though not for the reason most people hated that bunch of papers put together. Forever hated it for the reason that she was not yet in it. How could the people who wrote it not mention her? Pathetic. Forever was always talked about and now she seemed to be forgotten. Not for long She thought lifting up her sunglasses for a moment as her blue eyes peered on the girl named Lisa.

"You do seem like a likely target to be bullied" Forever added taking a better look at the girl. Not the best fashion sense. Blonde hair which was plain and nothing special. Forever twirled her red hair slightly in her fingers for a total of three twirls before letting the strand fall back into it's perfect place. "Maybe if you didn't throw off that vibe you wouldn't be picked on by any Slytherin. I mean god we Slytherins have better things to do than pick on little" Forever paused not knowing which house the girl was in. little hufflepuff....little gryffindor....little ravenclaw.... Forever really wasn't sure. "Which house are you in by the way?" She asked putting her sunglasses back on as she looked away from the blonde girl.

Lisa looked up at Forever, feeling the temperature of her cheeks rise by a few degrees. So she gave off a vulnerable vibe, did she? She had heard it all now. She could have almost shouted at Forever in defiance, but she held her temper in check. Barely. All losing her temper would do is perhaps get her a new article in the Gossip Magazine.

"Ravenclaw," she said, holding her head up high in pride. "I'm in Ravenclaw." She looked at the other girl; she was obviously in Slytherin, by the way she was speaking of the house. She stood up and leaned against the tree, dusting down her skinny jeans. "And you don't know what I've been through. How could you?"

"Ahh a Ravenclaw. You think you would be smart enough to figure things out. Like how not to be the center of everyone's fun" Forever said thinking back to all the children that were picked on back at her old school. "Though the smart kids are always the ones that seem to be in the line of fire. I mean the ones that show off how smart they are. Like oh look at me I get straight O's. No one cares" Forever went on rolling her eyes at the last part of her comment not that the girl named Lisa could see it.

Now Forever wasn't trying to push the girl's buttons. No, this was how she was naturally without trying. Yet if Forever really wanted this girl to boil over, it wouldn't take much. The thought of getting into a verbal fight was rather amusing to this red head Slytherin. It would give her something to do yet her outfit wasn't right for one. Would it be worth it? Forever wasn't sure. She would just have to wait and see. If Lisa blew up at her, than the outfit would be made to battle in a verbal fight, Forever coming out on top of course. Though if the girl seemed to keep within herself, a civil converstion much like this could be continued.

As Lisa stood up and began to dust herself off, Forever was almost sure thought that she was leaving. Instead the girl spoke again. A small smirk appeared on Forever's face as she too stood up wiping off her outfit. With a brief pause she took off her sunglasses and wiped off the lens carefully on clothing fabric.

"No I don't know what you've been through, but if you are still complaining about being in a gossip magazine then let it go. The whole point of whoever was brilliant enough to write it was to push peoples' buttons get some shouts, some tears and most importantly some drama. If you give in and throw a fit like this then you are giving the perfect reaction" Forever went on actually giving good advice in her own way. Jeeze just stop complaining Forever thought placing her sunglasses back on and flipped her red hair for nothing but effect.

Lisa considered this advice for a moment. It was a valid point. Why had she not thought of it? Because you're upset, she thought to herself. You're not thinking straight. She couldn't think of anything to say to that, so she said nothing. She didn't want to sound like a bumbling idiot who couldn't control her emotions.

"I don't go around broadcasting that I'm in Ravenclaw," she said, "What's the point in that? Waste of time," she added, shaking her head. "If people ask, I tell them. Nothing to be embarrassed about, after all." She would have laughed, but it wasn't especially funny.

Forever brought her blue eyes gazing upon the lake. For some reason she found it a curious thing, even if at the same time she found it rather disgusting. Sure Forever would love to watch the water, water being something that always seemed to fasinate her. Like the waves of the ocean. As a young girl at the age of four or five, Forever used to sit on the beach on top of her tower with her pink star shaped sunglasses watching the waves come in and out. Her father had loved the water as well. Maybe that was where Forever had gotten it from.

The thought of her father seemed to bring back both positive and unhappy memories. The past memories good of course yet the memories of his leaving of this world, her mother's remarring all negative. Pushing the out of mind with ease, Forever didn't see it fit to look over at the girl again. Instead she pushed the bottom of her foot against the tree, keeping one foot on the ground while the one against the hard bark was bent.

"Why should you be embarrassed about it" Forever said her eyes flickering to the girl not understanding her at times. When had Forever ever said it was bad to be in Ravenclaw. Sure this redhead was in Slytherin but that by no means meant she hated the other houses. No she hated just about everyone that didn't click or follow her every direction even if that person happened to be in Slytherin.

Forever wondered if this girl cared for her at all. She does seem rather well unloving Forever thought a small smirk falling on her face with the completely wrong adjective that her mind seemed to use in this situation. "So" Forever said being the type of blunt person she really was. Usually she went into the conversation extremely decent yet as it dragged on she needed to know if she was wasting her time.

This Slytherin needed to find another 'Amy'. It was almost postive this Lisa girl wouldn't be that, yet Forever needed followers as well. All good leaders need followers. "So" She repeated before finishing her statement. "Am I wasting my time talking to you or is this conversation going somewhere. If after this day you aren't going to remember I exist than I am wasting my time, but if another conversation lies in our future it may be worthwhile" Forever stated knowing that it probably didn't sound the best in the world, but it was the truth. If nothing would come from this moment, it was quite useless to stay.

Lisa could have rolled her eyes at the remark. "I never said that you didn't like Ravenclaws," she said, sighing as her fingers slipped into the pockets of her grey cardigan, brushing against the soft grey polyester. "I was just assuming you thought every Ravenclaw was the wizard equivalent of Albert Einstein." Her hands flew up to fix the position of her purple hairband in her hair.

Lisa could have smiled at the girl's next remark. "Well, I suppose we'll run into each other one way or another," she answered. "I may want to have another interesting conversation soon." It was true; this conversation had been fascinating. Her first decent, intelligent conversation since entering the school.

This Slytherin girl carefully began to run her pale fingers through her red hair. As she reached the bottom of a strand she noticed a split end. Now that just wouldn't do. Making a mental note to herself that she would have to give her hair a little trim, Forever let her hands fall to her side hoping that no one would notice her less than perfect end of her hair. How could Forever miss that that morning. Bringing her blue gaze up to the girl the sunglasses reflecting the Ravenclaw's reflection, she listened to her reply. "I would never judge someone like that" Forever lied knowing quite well that she did all the time. Much like she judged the badly dressed Slytherin in the dorm to be poor. Judgements is something that Forever made quite often, usually having them be correct. "I however assumed you were smart." She said closing in a compliment but her tone decided against it.

With her gaze still on the girl, Forever watched her adjust her headband. The answer to whether Lisa was worth her time was answered. "Well then that will do" She said simply a small outline of a smile falling onto her face. My first follower friend Forever thought correcting herself for some odd reason. Forever only would ever have one friend at a time. The others would be followers or just people she dealt with. However Forever had to remember to call them friends for people seemed to get offended by being called a follower. Not that this Slytherin could figure out why.

"You should go through a fashion make over though" Forever began finding the girl's headband to be on of the most annoying parts of her outfit. "Maybe I could help you throw some" A pause. The word decent wanting to come out, but for the sake of keeping the conversation in a tone of voice other than shouting, Forever chose a different word "other type of outfits together for you. I have old clothes that my mother bought me about a month a go if you ever need anything in particular" Forever continued wondering why the sudden niceness appeared. Maybe not everyone would think this was nice. After all in a way, this slytherin was insulting this girl's sense of style. At least she was offering to help and offering her month old outfits.

Lisa tactfully decided to ignore the fact that Forever was insulting her fashion sense. Sure, it was subtle, but Lisa was, as Forever herself had said only moments ago, smart, and could pick out the jibes from the simple statement. She's trying to be nice, she told herself, No need to get angry at somebody trying to help you out.

"I'll be sure to remember that," she said, a ghost of her usual wide smile appearing on her face. Be grateful. "Thank you for offering," she added; it was an unwritten rule that you had to be thankful for what others gave to you; at least, it was in her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back