Pondering thoughts

Kaede Okinawa

Wand
Birch wand 14" 1/4 Essence of Dragonstone
Kaede was sitting alone on a bench,looking down on the rough cobblestones. Staring at the ground, she swung her legs a bit, staring intently at the stones. How many people had walked across these streets, missing someone back home?

She had made many friends here over the past few days. They we're nice and all, but they weren't like her friends back home. Kaede wanted to get to know more people, and she was open to it, but she found it hard to just forget the ones she left behind. I'll see them over Christmas at least. she thought. Until then she would just have to get to know her new friends better.

Sukie had had a bad week. Firstly, he broke his newly manicured pink fingernails after attempting to do a cheerleading stunt. Secondly, he had met some Slytherin second year who thought he was useless and told him to get a life. And lastly, he missed Japan so badly, especially his friends. Walking through Obsidian Harbor, thinking of life back in Japan, Sukie whistled as he began to play with his glamourous shiny black hair.

Deciding to have a walk at the park in Obsidian Harbor, Sukie turned to walk another route. How he missed Japan so badly. He missed his younger brother Eldo, and their cat Chisame. Looking around for a empty bench to sit on ponder on his thoughts, he noticed that all the benches were full except for one which had girl sitting on it.

Beggars can't be choosers he thought as he walked towards the girl. "Mind if i sit..Oh my goodness Keade, is that you?" he asked excitedly, as he flinged his hair at her.

Kaede looked up as a boy asked if he could sit there. Her eyes bulged and widened with shock. It can't be... He asked if she was Kaede. She was looking up at her childhood friend Sukie. "Sukie!" she exclaimed. Jumping up, she gave him a huge hug. How glad she was to see such a familiar face in such an unfamiliar place.

"What are you doing here?" Kaede broke out in a smile. It had been awhile since they had seen eachother, and Kaede never thought that they would meet someplace like this.

"How have you been?

Sukie hugged Kaede warmly. "Its so nice to see you, and you're prettier now!" he said with a small wink. "I've been great, what about you? And I'm attending Hogwarts New Zealand this term, so I'm kinda doing shopping here for the books and stuff, what about you old girl?" he asked smiling at his used-to-be best friend.

"I do miss Japan though, anything interesting happened?" he asked Kaede.

"Oh so I wasn't pretty when we were younger?" Kaede laughed. "I have to say your not as homely as you used to be." Smiling, Kaede winked back. She was joking of course, since she knew that there was no way that he had ever been ugly.

"Your attending Hogwarts? Me too!" Now that she knew someone from home would be at Hogwarts, she felt a lot better. "I already got all the things I needed so I'm just trying to keep myself entertained until school starts." After being sorted she hadn't had much to do. She was just trying to make as many friends as possible.

"I'm glad you've been good? How's the family? I have to say mine has been doing well, but they're always busy with work so I'm usually by myself with my sisters." Kaede's smile faltered a little. Her parents were always busy with work. They barely had time to spend with them anymore.

Not wanting to spoil the good mood, her smile quickly changed. She shouldn't be sad right now, she was with her friend.

Sukie laughed. "Well you were pretty, but not pretty enough," he replied in a joking manner. Sukie then sat down on the bench, and began playing with his hair. "Oh that's good news, so I'm not the only Japanese First Year!," he said happily, sighing. "I've got my broom brought here form Japan, so I guess I've got everything. And Eldo's (his nine year old younger brother) joining me here soon!" he said excitedly. "I can't wait to meet him. I've missed him so deadly much," he continued.

Sukie then reached for a flower from a plant that was beside him. He took the flower and placed it behind his ear, on his hair, like some Hawaiian girl. "Want a flower?" he asked Kaede.

"Wow, this Obsidian Harbor seems to busy all the time. Japan's never been this busy, I miss the calmness so much," he said with a small sigh.

Smiling Kaede joked, "Well I guess make up did something for me!"

Kaede moved over a bit so Sukie would have more room as he sat down. "Oh Eldo? I havn't seen him in years! Probably just as long as we havn't seen eachother. How has he been?" Since they were talking about siblings, she thought that she might as well tell him how hers were. "Ayame's thirteen now and Yumi's ten. I miss them a lot, but they arn't like me, so I won't get to see them till probably around Christmas." Kaede loved her sister's, they were the most important things to her in the world besides her music. She missed them a ton but she knew she could wait a month or two to see them.

As Sukie offered her a flower, she politely accepted. "Sure why not? I might as well take advantage of their beauty before Winter comes."

"Oh yeah, this place is busy, but it doesn't seem as big to me as Tokyo. But then again, that would make sense because it isn't as big as Tokyo." Oh some of the things I say! Kaede thought as her cheeks started to flush a cherry red. "I-It's still very busy though." Kaede stuttered a bit.

"Eldo's fine, he's turning to a younger version of me," Sukie replied proudly. "You should see his wardrobe, he has more pink shirts than me!" Sukie added excitedly. "Wow, Ayumi's thirteen now huh? Wow, she grows so fast! I bet she's taller me than me," Sukie replied with a smile which made his dimples appear on his red cheeks. Sukie then passes the yellow flower to Kaede.

"You look much better with a flower on your head," he commented vaguely. "So Kaede, do you want to join the "I love Pink" club? Me and my friend Lucy created it, and we want members. And you can get benefits," he said with a smile, hoping she would join.

"Yeah true, it isn't as bis as Tokyo," Sukie remarked, as he thought of Tokyo, the city he was born. He loved Tokyo so much, and he had dreamt of opening a school of magic there for the Japanese kids. Sukie smiled as he thought of his dreams when he was a kid. He hoped one day he could make his dreams become reality. But now all could he do was dream, and persevere.

Laughing, Kaede said,"More pink than you? Well, that would make sense. Younger siblings look up to older siblings. Just like I used to act just like Ayame." Kaede had been like Ayame, but she wasn't anymore. "Yeah she's thirteen, and she thinks she's cool just because she's a teenager now. She doesn't play games like we used to. But I still love her a lot. And she is so tall! It's like she grew overnight. I'm not even to her shoulder yet!" It wasn't only Ayame that was tall, Yumi was almost taller than Kaede too. Sometimes she felt like she had been adopted.

"You think? I think it looks pretty good too." Smiling she fixed the flower to it was tucked right behind her left ear.

Sukie started to ask her if she wanted to join the "I love Pink" club, at least that's what she thought she had heard. "The I love Pink club? Sure! I'd love to!" She wouldn't mind joining. It might be actually kind of fun, she thought.

"Ah Tokyo, there's so many things to do, so many places to go." Remembering her home she felt a pang of homesickness, but it was all over quickly. She was too excited about starting her first year at Hogwarts to just give up because she missed home a little bit. They'll still be there when I come to visit, she thought.

Sukie nodded, making a silly face. "I guess older siblings grow fast!" he replied thoughtfully. Reaching into his bag which was next to him, Sukie reached for his lunch. He had packed some Sushi for lunch in a Tupperware. "Want some raw salmon and sushi?" he asked, as he took out two pairs of chopsticks. "That's great, I'm sure you'll love being in the "I love Pink" club," he commented with a promising cute smile.

Sukie nodded again as Kaede talked about home.

(( Sorry for the short post, i'm just super tired now. ))

As Sukie made a silly face Kaede couldn't hold back her laughter. "Yeah, they do, and then they wish they were still little kids." She smiled, Ayame was getting older, but she knew that she still loved her. "Sushi?" Kaede's eyes twinkled. She hadn't had Sushi since she had gotten here. "I would love some! But I think I'll pass on the Raw Salmon though, I never acquired a taste for it." Kaede loved Salmon, but she liked it cooked.

"Really? What do you guys do?" She wanted to know more about the club.

((It's ok, Mine's short to, I'm having writer's block.))

Sukie laughed. "Oh ya i forgot, you were the Japanese girl who hated Raw Salmon" he replied thinking of the older days when Kaede was teased. Sukie then passed Kaede a pair of pink chopsticks. "There, now eat up," he said as he passed her some of the sushi. "I love sushi," he said, licking his lips. Sukie was a Japanese, and Japanese LOVED sushi.

Sukie nodded. "We do a lot of things. We organize little parties and share fashion tips and the rest is all secret," he replied, winking at Kaede. "You'll find out in Hogwarts, i'm running it with this Fourth year girl, Lucy Moonlight. But i'm still the leader," he explained, tucking into his delicious homemade sushi.

Kaede laughed with Sukie. "I just can't get past the fact that it's raw. But I love it cooked." She exclaimed the word love more than anything else. Salmon was one of her favorite foods, just as long as it was cooked. All of a sudden bad memories creeped up. She quickly brushed them off her shoulder. They could stay in her past. Besides, those memories had only been for a little bit, ending when she had shown everyone that she may be weird and clumsy but she was smart, intelligent, and fun to be with.

Taking the chopsticks she smiled. They felt familiar in her hand, unlike the forks they used here. She knew how to use a fork but she preferred chopsticks better. Kaede plucked up the first piece of Sushi and took a bite out of it. She smiled with delight. "This is so good!" She exclaimed.

As they were eating Sukie started to tell her a little bit about the "I Love Pink" club. She nodded as he talked about parties and fashion tips. When he said the rest was a secret, she couldn't wait till school started. "Oh Lucy? I met her once. When I first came here actually. I had gotten lost, and I was running around. Of course, you remember what happens when I run. I fall." Kaede laughed, she was so clumsy all the time. "Anyways, I ran into a wall and I fell. She came and helped me up. She seemed very nice and sweet." Kaede blushed at her funny, but embarrassing memory. She couldn't wait to see Lucy again.

"This Sushi is so good! Where did you get it?" If there was a place here that had Sushi, she would definetly go there. She could make some herself, but her Sushi had never tasted this good.

Sukie beamed. "Thank you," he said proudly. He had always loved making Sushi. "Oh that's great, Lucy is like my older sister and we're best friends, although we're like four years apart," Sukie replied thoughtfully. "Oh the sushi? I made it, and I'm gonna make more for the I Love Pink club meetings soon, since most of the members love raw fish and/or sushi," Sukie replied. "They even call me the "Professional Sushi Chef here," he said proudly. "I love that name," he added.

Kaede smiled. "Your welcome. Oh so you made the Sushi? That's awesome! I make it sometimes but I'm not good at it." Sushi was one of her favorite foods, and she was glad that it followed her here. Laughing she said, The Professional Sushi Chef? That works perfect with your Sushi making skills." Even when she had Sushi at proffesional shops they didn't taste as good as Sukie's Sushi.

"It's kind of cool how we know and meet the same people. I think that happens a lot here though, since we're all together here for a year." Kaede had met a lot of people over the first few days she had been here, and she hoped to meet more and more as her year progressed. Even if some of them were going to be mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back