Plots/Prologues

Justin

Here's a few prologues/plots that I've started and never found the ideas to keep them going.
Ethan lifted his foot above his waist, and kicked the door of Room 43; it seemed like something you’d see in karate practice. The door smashed off its hinges, splinters flew in all directions. The room was dead silent, but Ethan knew someone was inside, cautiously he stepped through the door way. He took a quick glimpse of his surroundings then turned into the hallway on his left, his pace increased as he read the notes written on the wall, the bright red blood was still fresh, and his hopes increased as this may conclude his search.

What search? You may ask, well, not even Ethan knew what he was looking for, but he knew the blood meant something, the clues added up, and the blood proved he was right. Ethan stopped at the midpoint of the hallway, he paused for a moment. He heard no screams like he had heard earlier; he was running out of time, there were only minutes left.

Harvey peered over the edge of the balcony; both hands firmly grasped the railing; he looked once more, and took one hand off the rail.
“It’s just, so tempting,” Harvey stuttered, his face turned pale, he took a deep breath, “well, here it goes, I guess.”
Harvey took a second hand off of the rails, stepped back, and paused.
“I’m Harvey Hale, born July 15th 1983, died… August 12th, 2005.”

He took a few more steps backward, now just inches away from his apartment door he kneeled down, prepared to jump. The apartment’s front door squeaked open and Grace walked in, she took one glance at Harvey and squealed loudly. She dropped her groceries and ran for the door.

Harvey blocked out the noise, he took off at the railing. Grace, not far behind, jumped the same time he did. She reached out as far as her arms would let her, she managed to grab Harvey’s ankle. She felt a short, sharp pain, her shoulder dislocated but it was more than enough to stop Harvey from plummeting off the balcony of the four story building.

Thoughts flew in and out of Grace’s head, she knew Harvey had been suicidal lately, but she didn’t think he would take it to this extent.
“Harvey, what the hell are you doing?” she shouted, confused more than ever.
“I’m, dieing, aren’t I?” Harvey was dazed.
“Not now you aren’t, why though?”
“I can’t take it; it’s all too much…”

Harvey passed out, the pressure was too much, Grace sat by his side, thoughts flying through her head faster than ever. Several minutes went past, and Harvey was still yet to wake up.

I sat my knife back down onto the desk; I swear I heard someone, or something, stirring around the outskirts of my room. The floorboards creaked as I slowly stepped away, this old house really gives me the creeps sometimes, why couldn’t mum have been normal and given me a room with carpet? Floorboards really annoy me.
But then again, I suppose it doesn’t really make a difference, no matter what the floor is made of; the stupid thing still makes noises, I hate it. I took a few more steps and slowly leant onto my bed, just my luck, it squeaked, and below that I heard the floorboards again.
I jumped as the floorboards creaked and echoed down the hallway, the vibrations caused books to tip over, and eventually, one to fall to the floor. Cackles echoed down the hall, over the top of the floorboard creaks, I was now more worried than ever.
Being home alone had never been the same since we moved in last week; things got pretty bad, but today had been quite easily the worst. The house had always sounded like it was haunted; but honestly, I think I’ve started going insane. Mum agrees with me going insane, she says she’s never heard anything, but at the same time I’m coiled up in bed fearing the worst, so I’m leaning towards the insane side of things.
The floorboards underneath the bed squeaked, and the bed slowly leaned over in one direction. The bed suddenly snapped through one of the floorboards, the bed tilted, and I rolled into the wall. The cackles echoed down the hallway, even louder than before.
It took me a minute to get up onto my feet. I attempted to lift the bed out of the hole in the floorboards; I didn’t think the bed was so heavy. I gave up when I heard tapping on my window; I moved the curtains to see what was there. I was more curious than scared.
At first it seemed like nothing was there, that’s when I noticed the icy writing in the corner. ‘Hello Ethan…’ it read, I shivered with fear. And from there, things only got worse, the icy text disappeared and turned into a icy blue mist, the mist slowly began to make shapes, eventually revealing itself to be some kind of ghostly-figure.
The mist lifted its head slightly; its eyes came into contact with mine, a bright fire-like glow boiled in its eyes. It screamed loudly, the pitch slowly increased, reflexes kicked in and I covered my ears. I dropped to the floor, in attempt to make the pain go away. Slowly it worked, and I was able to stand on my feet again. I looked back out the window; the mist flickered like a broken light. It slowly faded into the fog surrounding the house, hidden from view.
I’ve started to hope that this is all just a nightmare, but it hurts too much, it can’t be. I sat down against the wall, just below the window. I curled my legs into my chest and held them tight. I felt as if no one could get me this way, they couldn’t see me through the window; they don’t have to know I’m here.
If I hadn’t started going insane before, I’m definitely insane now, things just seem so real, but no one else knows things like this exist, I must be. I thought no one could get me here that was until I heard thuds against the floorboards down the hallway. Each thud got louder and louder, and I slowly moved further away from the entrance to my room.
The thuds got too loud to bear; I reached for my knife and stood up. That’s when something else burst through the door. It looked like any normal person, except he’d just had a wild night out, his clothes were cut up and torn to pieces, his hair was a mess, and he smelt of puke, it wasn’t an attractive sight.
I clenched my knife tightly, took a big swing and threw it at the person running towards me, it was a good shot, but one thing didn’t seem right. The knife flew straight through his head, but it kept going, the person disintegrated and the knife stuck into the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back