Killian Owens-Lee

Strong- Stoic- Protective

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Life had really been going well lately. He'd been seeing Teila, and his relationship with his adopted daughter had blossomed beautifully. He didn't think he could be any happier. He'd gathered information on the local schools, but lately Marley had been showing signs of magic. So, Killian had been doing his research, getting information about the magical schools from his sisters. He thought he'd learned all he needed to, so he'd spread out his notes on the kitchen table. Pleased with his set up, he walked to the doorway and leaned out it. "Marley, baby, can you come here?" He called to her, moving back into the kitchen. He grabbed a drink for each of them before settling down at the table to wait for her.

Marley had been enjoying her time living in New Zealand and she was also enjoying her time with her adopted dad. She loved it here. The girl had been in the living room, watching tv, When she heard her dad call for her. She frowned a little, thinking she might have been in trouble or something. "Coming!" Marley called out right after before she turned off the tv and hopped off the couch before making her way to her dad to the kitchen. "What's up? Am I in trouble?" Marley asked a little confused and tilted her head to the side a little.

Killian chuckled and shook his head. "No princess, you aren't in trouble." He reassured her, motioning for her to sit down. "I just wanted to talk to you about going to school here in a few years." He told her, nodding to the pages in front of him. "I know you were thinking of joining your cousin at the New Zealand branch, I just want to make sure you know all of your options before you decide." He told her.

Marley tilted her head to the side a little as her dad explained why he had called her into the room. She grinned a little at the mention of school. She had heard plenty of things about the school through letters between her and her cousin, and she was really excited. At the mention of other school options. Of course, she definitely wanted to go to the New Zealand school, but she was a bit unaware of the other options too. "Oh, okay," Marley says with a small shrug as she made her way towards the table and takes a seat. She didn't realise the number of schools there were around until she saw the pages scattered on the table.

Killian smiled softly. He was fairly sure already that Marley had made up her mind, but he would like it to be an informed decision all the same. "Alright, baby," He murmured, and started showing her how he'd organized the leaflets. "There are three local muggle schools. I'll enroll you in one of these until you go off for your wizarding education. There's a public school, here, with an art program I think you'd enjoy." He showed her the location.

"But there's also a private school here," He pointed to another leaflet, though he didn't expect her to pick that one so he glossed over it. "There's also another private school here, the Maurice Academy," He smiled at her. "They have an art program as well, but I did a bit of digging and Amodeus is enrolled there as well." He told her, a soft smile on his lips. He had researched this school a bit more, and apparently the boy had needed a bit more... supervision than a public school would usually provide.

Marley knew that she wanted to go to the Hogwarts school with her cousin, but she also knew that it was going to be a while until she could go. She listed carefully as her dad had explained about the three different schools to her. One of them was a public school while the rest were private schools. Marley was interested in the schools that had arts programs. She perked up a little more when her dad mentioned that one of her friends went to one of the private schools. "Amodeus goes there too? What's that school like?" Marley asked softly in interest.

Killian smiled warmly, and opened up the leaflet for her. "I already spoke to Amodeus' mother. There are a few pictures of the grounds in this, but she's put me in contact with the school. We can go fill out paperwork Monday, take a tour, introduce you to the teachers." He left out the part where he'd already spoken to the headmaster and they were eager to have her attend, eager for her friendship with Amodeus. Apparently the school liked the thought of having Marley stay close to the boy the same way his mother did already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back