Pitiful Poor Thing

Raymond Mandy

OOC First Name
Lovi
Sexual Orientation
bi
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Unyielding Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Raymond Mandy had been in the Hospital Wing before, but it was only for colds, fevers, and ridiculously potent allergies. Ray Ray was here for a different reason today. He'd punched through a wall and broken his left wrist. He also managed to shatter the bones in three of his fingers. Raymond sighed as he laid on the stiff bed he was told to not move from. Sadly, he was going to have to stay in the Hospital Wing for the rest of the day and through the night. The potion was going to need time to heal his bones, and the nurse told him that it was going to be painful. Raymond did not know what possessed him to get so angry and punch a wall. He had been quite emotional as of late. His sister was of no help, and since he was in Slytherin, he just needed to suck it up because he knew no one really cared about his issues. So, the Slytherin just laid there with a cast on his arm. He was not looking forward to taking the potion that was going to fix his hand, yet the boy did not try to mentally prepare himself for the pain.

Pia frequented the Wild Patch and the wider area of the school gardens all too often so it was only a matter of time before she entered the hospital wing to fix some sort of scrape or bruise. The place was either incredibly peaceful or a complete danger zone depending on if the weather was sunny or rainy as the soil was very malleable in certain places. Pia was surprised however, that on all of the days where she could have cut her finger, it had to be a warm, sunny day where only thing that could have hurt her, and subsequently the only thing that did hurt her was a rose thorn. It happened when she wasn't looking where she was putting her hands until she felt the tip of her finger in sharp pain and watched with confusion as it slowly turned red. It was the smallest of cuts but not one that she could ignore so she quickly trudged to the hospital wing, keeping her injured finger inside the sleeve of her cardigan to keep it from dripping on the stone as she walked. When she arrived she looked around inquisitively to find there wasn't a nurse in sight, sighing before she hesitantly approached the one other person in the room. "Do you by chance know where the nurse is?" She asked, noticing the cast on the person's arm and hoping that the nurse was nearby so her finger could be quickly tended to.
<i>
</i>

Raymond had closed his eyes in an attempt to rest. However, the throbbing pain in his forearm was no helping him relax enough for slumber. He kept his eyes closed and focused on his breathing. Actively noting how far up and down his chest went would help his mind nullify the pain. It was mind over matter. If he focused on something else intensely, the pain in his arm would subside. Raymond had been close. He had been close to reaching a point of relaxation until someone spoke to him. He opened his eyes and looked towards the person with a scowl on his face. He noted how the girl was protecting her finger. "I am not surprised you can't find him. Nurses only take care of real injuries, not superficial ones fixable by first year spells." he told her firmly. He was in pain, making him in no mod to deal with wimps.

The answer Pia received to her question was not one she expected so instead of smiling politely and nodding at the person on the bed her eyebrows upturned into a frown. All she had was a small cut on her index finger that could be healed in a few seconds with a spell to be completely forgotten about by that evening, but that did not change that it stung badly and annoyed her to no end. An injury was still an injury and just as worthy to be fixed as whatever was wrong with that boy on the bed. Pia pursed her made up lips and shifted her posture, moving her non injured hand to her hip as she said "I can take a hint." in clear English despite wanting to say much, much more to him in her mother tongue. She then turned on her heels and sat on a bed with intent to sit and wait patiently for a nurse to walk by, fix her finger and save her from being near the boy that clearly need someone to mend his attitude on top of what was already wrong with him.
<i>
</i>

Raymond had been a bit harsh, but he was not trying to be nice in the first place. Still, the girl could fix her finger herself or simply put a bandaid on it. He was positive that the pain was not as menacing as the pain he was feeling now. What the girl confused him. A hint? He was not giving any hints. He was plain and simple insulting her. Raymond was sure that it was not that difficult to understand his intentions."My words were meant to hurt, not give "hints"." he told the girl and sat up a little. He did not think that he was being too literal, but he wanted to make himself clear. His intention was to cause pain. Had that been the hint?

The guy was clearly trying to pick some sort of fight, and Pia was having none of it. She was at the hospital wing to fix her finger, not partake in a fight or succumb to pettiness like the guy certainly was so instead of responding to his words, or giving him any sort of indication that she was listening, Pia reached her non injured hand to her ponytail and pulled her hair free. As her wavy red hair fell on her shoulders she again used her non injured hand to neaten it slightly, running her hand through the locks before pushing all her hair behind her shoulders. She then continued to sit patiently on the bed that was not far away enough from the boy to her liking as she waited and hoped a nurse would walk by soon. Waiting so long in a room with an injured finger and having to be near someone who evidently had a lot of insecurities and emotional issues was not how she wanted to spend such a sunny afternoon.
<i>
</i>

Raymond had expected a response from the girl. When he started an argument, people were too prideful to walk away or simply stop giving him attention. This girl clearly had no problem swallowing her pride and leaving Raymond to his devices. He was not happy that she wasn't encouraging his behavior. The Slytherin had been given the silent treatment many times before, and he hated it even more each and every time. Raymond swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. "Are you ignoring me?" he asked and stepped closed to the girl. He still made sure to keep his distance in case she tried to slap him or something of that nature.

Pia was ignoring the boy's petty advances because she knew it was an attempt to rile her up. But that did not mean for a second that she was ignoring her environment or that she did not notice when the boy moved, standing from his bed. Instinct told her to act defensively, to keep her wand no more than a few centimeters from her hand in case her attempts to not feed into the boy's anger were in vain and he attempted to attack her. That would of course be a worst case scenario, but who was Pia to assume everyone was a pacifist. She liked divination as a subject but that did not give her the ability to predict the future clearly and especially not the ability to predict people's actions. "I don't want to start a fight." She answered him in as much of a neutral tone her accent would allow, keeping her eyes anywhere but the clearly troubled boy, all while continuing to wish that a nurse would interrupt and save her from the immature and needlessly dramatic hellhole she was in.
<i>
</i>

Raymond nodded his head in an almost desperate manner. He lifted his hands slightly to signify surrender. Okay. Okay. We don't have to fight." he said calmly and he sat of the Hospital Wing bed that was his for the moment. He sat in silence. He did not know what else to say to the girl, and he had no problem letting their situation get awkward. Situations never stayed awkward forever, so it took strength to work through them, instead of trying to diffuse the situation and embarrassing oneself in the long run. Raymond just did not like to be ignored. It was a fear, and now the girl was talking to him. Swallowing his pride did give him what he wanted at some times.

Pia almost sighed with relief when the troubled boy lifted his hands defensively, but she refrained from showing it. Instead her relaxation showed in her posture that moved from being stiff and uncomfortable to appearing more natural. Just as her shoulders moved, her hand also moved away from her wand which was concealed in her pocket. Now Pia saw no reason to defend herself, because the boy clearly surrendered. She finally felt comfortable enough to move her gaze to him so she promptly did so, uttering a polite "Thank you" as their eyes properly met. She was unsure of what else she could say in that moment so she opted not to say anything and left the room to fall silent. Something she usually would have minded in different circumstances, but less so that afternoon as anything was better than than experiencing the drama from a few moments ago all over again.
<i>
</i>

Raymond had difficulty swallowing his pride in most situations. This was one of those situations. He hated being ignored, so the only option was to let up a little. The girl seemed to appreciate his efforts. He watched as she relaxed. She looked the way she looked when she had initially spoken to him, comfortable and collected. The dull pain in his arm had subsided for the moment, as his mind was focused on the girl and making sure she did not ignore him again. However, Raymond's naturally prickly self came out. He scoffed at the girl's words. "Thank you? Please, as if I did it for you." he said quietly. He laid back on his bed and waited for a response.

Pia nearly rolled her eyes when the troubled boy reverted to riling her up again but she refrained from doing so. Giving him anything but a neutral expression seemed to be fuel for his messed up fire and not only that, she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her react. She knew how many boys worked, how pathetic most of them were just as she knew that showing how annoying she thought the entire situation was would only make it worse. So instead of showing her annoyance at the boy's immaturity, or ignoring him again despite how much she wanted to, she changed the subject. "What happened to your arm?" She asked, nodding to the cast on the boy's wrist and hoping he would be able to answer her question like a normal, polite person instead of continuing to attempt to cause drama.
<i>
</i>

Raymond sighed as he stared at the ceiling. "I punched a hole in a wall." he told her. The sixth year had been angry. A few seconds after he removed his hand from the wall there wasn't pain. All he felt was satisfaction. He actually felt something. He had been so numb, and the only way he felt better was by causing trouble. Most of the times it was fun, but sometimes he did it because he was desperate to feel something. "You really don't need to be in here for a simple cut. I could fix that, and my grade are sh!t." he told her calmly.

Pia's mouth dropped open slightly as the boy admitted he had punched a wall. It was yet another reason for her to hightail it out of the hospital wing to find a nurse that was somewhere else in the castle to fix the cut on her finger. Clearly the boy was as violent as his words were, at least enough to cause harm to himself and what she assumed was one of the castle's stone walls. She wasn't sure what else could break a wrist so quickly and seemingly so painfully. "Why did you punch a wall?" She asked, curiously. Ignoring yet another comment about her finger as she continued to keep the subject on the boy. Pia was aware that she could be playing with fire but she felt as if she had no option but to keep the subject away from her as the boy seemed to be trying to rile her up whichever way she turned. She still wanted things to remain somewhat peaceful and was unsure of how else she would be able to hold up such a feat short of avoiding the boy like the plague as soon as she left the hospital wing that day.
<i>
</i>

Raymond's true answer to Pia's question was not so simple. He did not just go around telling people about his insecurities. He wasn't going to announce to the whole world that he was weak. "I don't need a reason to do whatever the f*ck I want." he said. He kept his gaze at the ceiling.
OOCOut of Character:
This is crap. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back