Open Pink and Yellow for... Are You Serious?

Amethyst Michaels

Loner- Blunt- Dancer- Writer- Trying

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya had delivered all but two of her roses and it had gone wonderfully. And the last two were for the same person, so that would be easy. She picked up her list as she entered the castle again. Who was- She stopped short as she saw the name on the bottom of her list. Kace. Her heart throbbed a little. Brilliant. Okay, she could do this. She took a deep breath and began to make her way up the stairs.

After what felt like an eternity, she set foot into the corridor. She saw him right away, and dashed towards him. "Kace!" She called out, coming to a stop in front of him. She rubbed her neck, not looking directly at him. "So, I did something a bit out of character and I signed up for rose deliveries, and, um, these are yours." She wiggled her basket with the two roses in it.

Kace had just finished receiving a rose from a young Hufflepuff student when Amaya came running up to him. The boy laughed, the girl's quirkiness was adorable to the Gryffindor. She was certainly a lot different from the girls back home, he was getting familiar with the way she behaved around him. "Out of character? That's cool, I did it my first year at Hogwarts so I can see the castle. It was fun," not to mention he dressed all red to go with the theme of the day. He had cosplay cupid while giving out roses. "Thanks, did they come with a note?"

Amaya nodded, pulling the note from the basket and offering it to him. No sooner had he taken it than Jasper was brushing by her. "Happy birthday, Amethyst." Jasper smirked at her before hurrying by. She straightened, blushing, turning to toss her sneaker at his head. "It's AMAYA!" She shouted after him, irritation shooting through her. Jasper ignored her birthday every year and he chose now to say something? "I'm- yeah, catch you later," She tried to say goodbye to Kace, trying to move away quickly.

Kace Baron Corelli,

I am happy to know that I found completeness in you.

What more can I ask than a brother that not only shares my name but also my mirror identity?

Happy to have you as my twin bro.

Baron Kace Corelli

Kace took the note and read it. He sort had to read it fast since Jasper was walking past them and his twin sent him a pink rose along with the yellow one. Does he not get each color means something different? Kace shook his head, stuffing the note in his pocket. He sent his twin a rose and signed his initials, that was it. Kace kept all of his notes simple. "Hold up, it's your birthday? Happy Birthday! Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?"

Amaya sighed heavily, rubbing her neck. "Thanks, I guess." She stared at the ground, self-conscious. "Just- it's Valentine's day, my birthday is hardly a big deal compared to that." She shrugged. "Outside of family, no one knows." She stuck her hands in her pockets. "What's with the double rose? If I can ask," She tried to change the subject.

Kace shook his head, "You're whack, your birthday is the day you were born! It's everything," Kace emphasizes by shaking his hands above them. "Let's hang out. somewhere at the Village? Go to one of those shops and you can pick out a gift. It'll be on me," the Gryffindor offered. It's best he can do in such short notice and his way to make up to her after all the drama he caused. "My brother sent me these...I get the yellow but not the pink." It felt strange saying brother, though, he was slowly getting used to it.

Last edited:
Amaya should have known Kace wouldn't let her birthday just slide by. She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Well... alright," She agreed softly. She was finding that she had a hard time saying no to Kace. That could be very... annoying. She blinked as he said they were for Baron. "Looks like he has a flair for the dramatic. But without your style. No offense, your brother seems very... posh." She smiled lightly, rubbing the back of her neck. "And he may or may not be dating my room mate." Which had actually given her a bit of hope for her and Kace that she'd been trying very hard to ignore.

Kace grins, "Alright cool. Don't worry, it'll be fun," he reassured the shy, Slytherin. She was such a turtle, always in her shell rather than the house mascot she was sorted into. Kace didn't know how he'd convince her to do anything with the way she carried herself. If he had to be the fun one, so be it. Kace will make her do fun things and hopefully, she will become more outgoing in time. "He does, doesn't he? I also found out I'm not even American, it's weird," Kace said with a shrug. "Oh is he? You mean that loud mouth girl he was at the Yule Ball with?" Kace made a face that read 'Yikes', she seems like a lot of trouble.

Amaya laughed lightly. She wasn't worried about it being fun. She was worried about keeping her cool around Kace. She just needed to get over him, it would be better for both of them. She wasn't sure how she was going to do that, though. She would need to figure it out before the wedding, that was for sure. She chuckled as he said he wasn't American. "Hey, no worries. It'll take more than not being born there to take the new yorker out of you." She acted on impulse and reached out, brushing his hair from her eyes. She pulled back almost instantly, blushing and letting her hair fall to cover her face in an attempt to hide it. "Yeah," She moved on quickly, "Him and Jenna seem pretty smitten with each other."

"Yeah, I know but still," she was kinda right, New York was still home to him no matter where his dad takes them. Then again, how's he going to tell his friends back home that he's from Italy or England? That's gonna be fun explaining that to them. Kace gave her a strange look. There were so many verbal hints she was sending him and he seems to be ignoring them all. Or pretending to, Kace played it off cool. "That's not weird? She's dating someone a year younger. Like, would you date someone a year younger?" Kace acted curiously, baiting for a reaction. "I wouldn't mind, as long as we vibe. I just don't see how my brother likes that girl," he laughs, he was a bit nervous if he was being honest. Amaya was pretty, there was no doubt about that. He had just some worries and concerns as they were dance partners. Romance and dancing don't always mix well at times. He should know, he seen it back home with his very own eyes. What the h*ll was he thinking, everyone back home was a hot mess!

Amaya chuckled. "But still, what? You might not have been born in New York, yes, but you've spent most of your life there. That makes it your home." She reassured him. "I was born at sea. But I'm still a Dublin girl," She told him. "Though I suppose my father does still joke that I've always loved being at sea so much I had to come out early to see the waves for myself."

She ran a hand through her hair. Was he oblivious or just baiting her? She wasn't sure. It didn't help her trying to get over him. "It would depend on the bloke," She shrugged, trying not to look him in the eye. "Mother always said the heart will want what it wants. An older girl and a younger boy might not be the most conventional thing in the world, but there have been odder relationships." She shrugged as he questioned Baron's taste in Jenna. "Jenna is very confident in the way she holds herself. Honestly I'm not sure how she likes Baron. No offense, he's just... he seems a bit full of himself." She readjusted her rose basket in her arms. "I might just be a bit prejudiced though. You're my favorite twin so it's a bit odd seeing him with his lack of style and posh accent."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back