Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Lizzie)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Daisy was excited for the day. It had taken her a long time to finally getting around to it, but with her dog handling business getting up and running, it was hard to make the time. Daisy had last seen Lizzie at her party, and she definitely felt like it was too long ago, but things were settling down now, and the ex-Gryffindor girl was ready to make as much time as she could for the beautiful other-ex-Gryffindor girl.
Daisy had spread out a picnic blanket under a tree, with a picnic basket full of goodies. She had sent Lizzie a note that had said
"Go on a date with me? Yes or Yes. Circle your choice. (Pick yes)"​
It was a pretty slick move, and she was sure, a definite way of securing a date with Lizzie. Daisy had gotten there pretty early, but had a red rose with her, which she held onto. This was the first date the brunette had ever been on, and she was feeling some sort of nerves bubbling in her stomach, which was not something that she was used to. Still, with a happy sigh, Daisy lay back on the picnic blanket, holding the rose on her stomach.

When she had read the note that arrived by owl a few days earlier, Lizzie had thought for a moment that she was dreaming. Surely the stress of working the slopes full time during the busy winter season alongside her demanding new Quidditch team had her tired enough to be dreaming during the day. But no, the note was entirely real, and Lizzie couldn't help the ecstatic grin she had been wearing ever since. Daisy was someone Lizzie had admired for a very long time at school, though she had always assumed the older Gryffindor would never be interested, doing her best to just see Daisy as a friend instead. Now though... Daisy wanted to go on a date with her, a real date, and Lizzie was over the moon.

She had circled both Yes-es with a heart, and sent the note back immediately, and from there a date had been arranged. Lizzie had never been much of a planner, but to calm her nerves she had picked an outfit well in advance, and finally the day had come. Since Daisy had brought her a rose at the party, Lizzie felt like it was her turn to bring one for the older girl, flower held nervously in her hand as she made her way to the place they had agreed to meet. When she caught sight of Daisy, Lizzie couldn't hold back a laugh as her heart skipped a beat in her chest. "Oh, samesies!" Lizzie laughed, holding out her rose. "I mean, hi! Pretend I said something more charming than samesies." She grinned, blushing slightly.

Hearing a voice, Daisy looked up, before laughing at what Lizzie had said. Quickly standing up, Daisy gave her date a hug, before taking a step back, noticing what Lizzie was wearing. She immediately felt under dressed, in her jeans, tshirt and no shoes. Daisy laughed at Lizzies comment, before gesturing at her bare feet. "Only if you pretend I'm wearing more charming shoes?" She replied with a grin. Daisy was incredibly glad that Lizzie had agreed to the date, and had actually shown up. She was someone that Daisy really enjoyed spending time with, and she hadn't felt this way about someone since her first few years at Hogwarts. Though having a date with someone was nerve wracking, Lizzie inspired some sort of peace in Daisy, that she could just be herself, whether she was being silly, or just enjoying quiet times. Daisy grabbed onto Lizzie's hand to bring her down to the picnic blanket with her. "I brought lots of food! I didn't know what you'd like. Oh- and here!" Daisy said with a grin, holding out the rose for Lizzie.

Lizzie's heart fluttered slightly as she returned Daisy's hug, unable to wipe the nervous grin off her face. She laughed at Daisy's comment about her shoes, shaking her head. "I reckon you made the right call, I'm already itching to take these things off." She laughed, gesturing to the heels that had looked cute at home, but were already killing her ankles. She was relieved when Daisy pulled her down to the blanket, sitting down across from her date with a bright grin. "Oh! Thanks! This is for you!" Lizzie grinned as she accepted the rose from Daisy, holding out the one she had brought in return. Looking around the picnic, Lizzie couldn't help being impressed. "This all looks great!" She looked back up at Daisy, smiling nervously, and realised at once that she had absolutely no idea what to actually say next. "This, uh... thanks for organising this. It's really nice..." She smiled nervously, face a little flushed.

Daisy giggled at Lizzie's comment about her heels, and she couldn't help but glance down. Lizzie did look good in the heels, but Daisy wouldn't have minded if she decided to take them off. Daisy hardly ever liked wearing normal shoes, never mind heels. "Go for it." She giggled again, having already giggled far more in the few moments spent with Lizzie than she ever had in her life. Daisy grinned as they exchanged roses, loving that that had become their thing. "Thanks!" She replied to Lizzie's comment about it looking nice. "I worked really hard on it." Daisy said, playfully. In truth, it wasn't that hard - she hadn't actually cooked anything, just put a bunch of nice stuff in a basket; but she did want to make sure it looked and tasted good for Lizzie. Opening the basket, and pulling out an assortment of foods, Daisy offered a pasty to Lizzie. "So, what's life been like outside of Hogwarts?!"

As nervous as she had been in the days leading up to this date, just being around Daisy made Lizzie feel more relaxed. She kicked her uncomfortable heels off quickly and settled in, making herself comfortable. Despite all the time she had been spending outdoors recently for both of her jobs, Lizzie found the fresh air refreshing, calming as the breeze fluttered through her hair. She smiled, accepting the pastry gratefully. "It looks awesome! You're a picnic superstar." She grinned. Pausing, Lizzie considered Daisy's next question with a small shrug. "It's been... busy, mostly. My dad lets me be pretty flexible about hours, but I'm still working two jobs right now. They're both super fun, and playing for the Kea is a dream, but it's still pretty tiring." Lizzie shrugged, taking a bite of the pastry. "How about you?" She asked, smiling. "How are the dogs?"

Daisy was glad that Lizzie kicked off her heels, not only because Daisy thought being barefoot was the best thing, but it also showed that Lizzie felt comfortable enough to not have to wear heels around her - at least, that's what Daisy thought. The ex-Gryffindor laughed when Lizzie called her a picnic superstar. "I try." She added with a laugh. Daisy popped a grape in her mouth as she listened to Lizzie talk about her life, smiling broadly when she spoke about playing for the Keas. "I'll have to come watch a game sometime. What are you doing with your dad?" Daisy asked, not quite remembering. "The dogs are great - crazy, and a handful, but I love it. It's really rewarding work, and of course, I get to be around animals all day." She said, while grabbing out a selection of drinks from the basket. "A drink for the lady?"

Lizzie chuckled softly at Daisy's humble response. "Well, you succeed." She responded with a smile, and took another bite of her pastry. "These are great." Lizzie's smile brightened at the thought of Daisy coming to watch one of her games, and she nodded eagerly. "Totally!" She shrugged when Daisy asked about her work. "Oh, I teach ski and snowboarding lessons at the lodge. I've been doing it in the holidays for a few years, but it's way more intensive as full time work." She shrugged, smiling quickly. "Fun, though." Lizzie nodded, grinning when Daisy talked about the dogs. "That's so cool! Hanging around animals all day sounds like the dream job." She laughed softly, and nodded when Daisy offered her a drink. "Please!"

The rest of the afternoon seemed to fly by, the two girls chatting and eating and drinking. Daisy couldn't believe it when the sky started to darken, a pretty kaleidoscope of colours hanging in the sky. "Almost as pretty as you." Daisy said lightly, giving Lizzie a grin as the two of them started packing up the picnic area. It had been the best afternoon Daisy had had in a long time, and that was including all the dog hang outs. She didn't really want the day to be over. The brunette moved over towards Lizzie, and slipped her hand into hers. "I had a great time with you."

Lizzie could easily spend hours talking with Daisy and not even notice the time passing, and as the day drew on, she did exactly that. She paused a moment to look up when the sun began to set, enjoying the blaze of warm colours lighting the sky above them. She chuckled softly when Daisy spoke, pausing to glance at the other girl. "Oi, stole my line." She grinned, heart fluttering slightly as she helped Daisy pack up their picnic. Lizzie picked things up slower than she really needed to, unable to help wanting this date to last as long as possible. She didn't ever want to say goodbye to Daisy, but eventually inevitably there was nothing left to pack up. She smiled warmly when Daisy took her hand, lacing her fingers with the older girl's and squeezing gently. "Me too." Lizzie smiled. "I hope we can do this again sometime soon?"

Daisy beamed when Lizzie accepted her hand hold, and squeezed her hand in return. She nodded her head when Lizzie asked if they could do it again sometime. If Daisy could have her way, they'd just hang out forever, and do it again everyday. But she knew that reality had to come kicking down at the door, and they both had lives to continue with - Daisy just hoped they'd be able to become part of each other's lives eventually. "I'd love to." She replied, her eyes flicking down to Lizzie's lips before back at Lizzie again, hoping she didn't mind before moving in half way, hoping Lizzie would close the gap between their lips.

Lizzie couldn't have torn her eyes away from Daisy's, even if she had wanted to. Being so close with the other girl felt... easy, felt right, and Lizzie wanted this moment to last forever, never wanted the demands of day to day life to pull them apart. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Daisy's eyes flick to her lips and Lizzie didn't waste a moment, cupping Daisy's cheek with one hand as she closed the few centimeters between them, kissing Daisy sweet and gentle. Lizzie didn't think she had ever experienced such a perfect moment, the last few rays of sun dancing around them as they kissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back