Pick a tree any tree

Aries Centauri

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
10 1/2" ash and paduak mix with unicorn hair core
Aries walked slowly across the lawn, the walk from Brightstone had been pleasant an easy conversation had developed between them. He thought at this point he knew everything there was to know about the school and its clubs and academia. He ventured he could draw a detailed map of the library too. The conversation hadn't bored him at all because Violet had been the one speaking, his hand still held hers as they continued across the gravelled path on to the well mown lawn.

Looking about him, he figured they had a choice of about three spots.
"Ok, would you care to sit by that oak tree to the right? Or the Willow tree further down that path or the tree over there that I think might be a Sycamore but I'm not a hundred percent sure" now why in the name of everything magic was he listing the names of trees for her? So he was a Ravenclaw that didn't mean he bore her to death either with trivia.

He stopped walking and smiled down at her, waiting for her response. She was beautiful, even now just putting up with his ranting about trees she was beautiful and he was holding her hand. Lady luck was really with him today.

Violet's free hand managed to find its way to her mouth in order to stifle a giggle. She couldn't help herself, really, Aries was just too cute to be true. And sure, she had probably bored him with her ramblings - but at least he was still holding her hand. She could honestly feel her heart beating at a much faster than usual rate. Which, she knew, was such a silly and girly thing, but she liked Aries - a lot - and here he was, walking with her and holding her hand.

"Hmmm," she mused, thinking over the question as they slowed to a stop. Looking back up at him, she smiled back, eyes sparkling. "I'm possibly one of the most indecisive people alive," she admitted. "But, if I have to choose, why don't we sit by the Sycamore, or whatever it may be. No reason why, it just sounds good," she blabbered, reddening again. I wish I knew when to shut up, she thought, embarassed. Still, Aries hadn't run away from her yet, so that was surely a good sign.

Aries smiled and walked on towards the sycamore, realising only then that he was still holding her hand which basically meant he had nearly yanked her after him to the tree.
"Violet I'm sorry, I forgot we were even holding hands" he didn't mean it as an insult it was just like an extension to his own hand, like part of himself. He had simply not thought about the fact that he was holding her hand, wasn't that a good thing? That he felt so comfortable with her... Aries didn't want to over think anything. He might just have possibly blown it by his stupid comment, so decided the best course of action was to keep his mouth tightly shut.
When he reached the tree, he let go of her hand and sat down pulling off his sweater and laying it on the grass for her to sit on.
"It can get kind of cold" he offered, he was beginning to sound lame now and he knew it. He needed more experience obviously around girls, he could really blow this if he wasn't careful.

Violet wasn't paying that much attention to her surroundings, in all honesty - she was so worried about messing things up with Aries. While she seemed optimistic, when it came to herself, Violet was a natural pessimist. Although, she had to admit, she had a good feeling about this. She only hoped she wasn't wrong. It came as a bit of a surprise when he pulled her along with him towards the tree. Embarassed by his remark, Violet felt her face burning yet again. She must have looked like a lobster or something. "Oh, it's okay," she responded, slightly breathless. "I had too, don't worry," she admitted, smiling gently at Aries.
They reached the tree, and Aries pulled off his sweater for her to sit on, which, again, brought that burning sensation to her cheeks. "Thank you," she almost whispered. "You are far too kind. You really, um, don't have to do stuff like this for me, you know," she added, softly, sitting down next to Aries and looking over at him with a sweet smile. "You know that we also have to go flying together one day soon," she blurted, before realising what a stupid comment that was. She locked her lips together, tightly, before she made an even bigger idiot of herself in front of Aries. Violet definately did not want him to disappear on her again.

Aries shuddered but tried to suppress it.
"Flying huh?" he scratched his head and sighed, should he tell her now just how damn useless he was at flying, he might love it but he wasn't exactly the greatest flyer the world ever saw.
When he needed to travel it was by the floo network and until he learnt how to apparate, he wasn't going to be doing too much of any flying, especially around girls.
"Not too good with heights actually" he confessed hoping she wouldn't remember their earlier conversation. Scared of heights, he rolled his eyes and wanted to go stick his head in the sand somewhere.

"Do you fly alot?" she was probably brilliant at it and was a member of the quidditch team too. Another sigh as he reached over and picked her hand up again. The closeness of her did nothing to steady his nerves when she was around but at least she hadn't gotten up to run yet and he liked how her hand felt in his.

Violet tilted her head in slight confusion. She had a faint recollection of him saying he liked flying, but tried to push it out of her mind. She was probably imagining things. Violet imagined a lot of things that weren't really there. She figured she was probably imagining it when he held her hand or looked at her - as if there was anybody who would actually want to hang around her, let alone actually like her. Violet gave him a slight shrug. "Oh, that's a shame." Now you've blown it, you probably scared him off. Why would he want to hang around you, Violet Bellamy? You're an idiot, you know that. "My brother is terrified of heights. You can't get him on a broom for love nor money. I'm not too bad though. I'm absolutely terrified of falling so it's not like you'll see me doing flips and stuff on a broom," she explained, rambling once again. "I'm nothing spectacular." Those three words rang true with her. She was constantly reminding herself that she was, in fact, nothing spectacular. "I play Quidditch for Hufflepuff, probably more out of sympathy and need than anything else. Rarely get to actually fly, though," she blabbered on, stopping as she felt his hand hold hers. A small smile crept on to her face - she liked holding his hand. "But yeah, bad idea, I'm sorry."

Aries felt like the biggest heel in the whole world when he saw her doubt herself, knowing she obviously did recollect their last conversation. This alone he thought was great.
"I do fly but I'm not exactly one of the wright brothers if you know what I mean" he grinned and squeezed her hand so that she would have to look at him.
"Hey don't say that about yourself, I think you're damn spectacular and I've been told I'm a pretty good judge of character" he smiled looking down then at their hands, he was so tempted to lean over and kiss her but knew he would probably end up falling over or falling on top of her or something. Though the falling on her was extremely appealing he didn't think it would do his case any good. He had already missed out on the yule ball with her, the school year was about to end soon and he hadn't even asked her out yet. Could he get any slower? Some Ravenclaw he was turning out to be or maybe it was the Gryffindor bravery he needed at that moment.

Violet shrugged. "As if. I'm sure you're a pretty good flier," she said, earnestly, looking up at him and smiling as he squeezed her hand, which made her heart feel as though it was flipping in her chest. Especially with those words.
"You...you really think so?" she stammered. Nobody had ever said anything like that about her before - except her immediate family, but to her that didn't mean much to her at all as they were obliged to care about her. It meant more to her than anything in the world that Aries thought about her like that. I'm crazy, she reminded herself, before smiling serenely.
"I...I..." she began, not sure of how to say what she wanted to say. "I...really missed you, Aries," she blurted, her face becoming a fairly unnattractive shade of beetroot red. "I was kinda worried I'd driven you away from Hogwarts or something," she added, with a slight self-conscious laugh. And now he's going to run, isn't he? she thought, wanting to slap herself but resisting.

It was Aries' turn to become embarrassed, he hadn't for a second thought that she was thinking about him the way he had been thinking about her. She had missed him, she had been worried that she had driven him away somehow and yet all this time the two had been quite literally sleeping under the same roof, walking along the same paths and corridors, thinking of one another and yet not meeting. Aries had never felt such buoyancy in his life, he really felt like he could float or walk on water. But neither of which he actually wanted to do, instead he turned to face her and moving his other hand up to her face, brushed a stray wisp away.

She was beautiful and he couldn't figure out for the life of him why some other guy hadn't snapped her up already but he was glad they hadn't. With about as much grace as he could muster he leaned towards her, he could feel her breath now on his face and he smiled before brushing her lips with his. The touch was so gentle, so tender. He broke away smiling at her and shook his head.
"I can do better than that" a wicked grin before he leaned in again and this time his hand cupped her face as his lips claimed hers. She would know now that he had missed her too, that she was damned spectacular and he wasn't going anywhere. Not without her at least. Coming up for air seemed like the right thing to do, though it sorely annoyed him to do it at all. She just had the most kissable mouth, perfectly formed for that very task.
"I missed you too Violet".

Violet looked at her hands, biting her lip. Ugh, now I've completely freaked him out. Any second now he's going to make an excuse to run. Any second... she thought to herself, embarassed that she had said something like that. Her mother had always told her that when it had come to boys, she had to play it cool. Of course, Violet Bellamy wasn't a girl that boys were lusting after. Indeed, it had seemed that Aries had been the only guy to ever pay any sort of attention to her. And now he was going to run away and leave her again, wasn't he?

Or was he? Violet froze as she felt his hand move to her face and brush some stray hair away. Her heart pounded so loudly, she was sure he could hear it. Indeed, somebody at the top of the Astronomy tower could probably hear it, it seemed so loud. She looked up, her wide green eyes looking straight at his, as the distance between them grew smaller and smaller until his lips met hers. Violet closed her eyes, enjoying the kiss and feeling happier than she'd ever felt before. He likes me, oh my God he likes me, and he's kissing me...this is the single greatest moment of my life. She felt him pull away and slowly opened her eyes to see him smiling at her, before he leaned in again for another kiss. Violet wished, at that very moment, that she could have stopped time and just stayed in this moment forever, as cliched as that may have been. "I..." she stammered, as they broke apart. "I see that," she giggled, beaming at Aries. She probably looked ridiculous, with such a happy smile plastered on her face, but for now she could not care less, she was so stupidly happy.

Aries was clueless as to what to do next, he could keep kissing her but at some point she would need to breath. She would probably soon get fed up of that too though he couldn't see himself ever getting tired of kissing her. His hand trailed down the side of her face, she was smiling. She had the perfect mouth for kissing and smiling it would seem, he smiled himself.
"I think I've wanted to kiss you since I first saw you" was that too much? Aries shifted slightly closer to her, though how he could get any closer was simply beyond him. He let his arm drape over her shoulders, liking very much the feel of her in the crook of his arm. She smelled heavenly, everything about her was too good to be true. He felt like pinching himself.
"I wanted to take you to the Yule Ball but I never saw you again. I think I must have hovered like a crazy person outside Hufflepuff house for ages but I missed you each and every time" he pulled at some grass blades with his free hand, "did you go?"
Did he really want to know if she went with someone else? How stupid was he?

Violet was left completely breathless as Aries stated that he'd wanted to kiss her since he first saw her. But why me? There's nothing special about me. I'm not beautiful or anything, she thought to herself, blushing profusely as she rested her head against his chest, enjoying the feeling of being close to him. "Really?" she asked, softly, in disbelief - but the most wonderful kind of disbelief there was, if that was at all possible. "I..." she began, although she was a little unsure of what to say. "I didn't go to the Yule Ball - don't really like going alone, and, well, there was only one person who'd caught my eye," she said, looking up at Aries and gazing directly in to his eyes, as if to make it completely obvious she was talking about him. "And he and I kept missing each other, which sounds completely implausable, but you know, it's possible..." she rambled. "I was sick that night, too," she added, although why he would need to hear that was beyond her. She nestled in closer to him, glad they had found each other again at last.

Aries knew he should feel bad for her that she hadn't gone to the ball and yet he couldn't even muster an ounce of it, he was way too happy thinking that she hadn't gone with any other boy. When of course she mentioned that only one boy had caught her eye, he was about to groan when she looked at him. How could he not know that look, it spoke the volumes he felt. He kissed the top of her head when she mentioned how they kept missing each other. Fate had a funny way of doing things, his mother was forever saying that if something was meant to be, it was meant to be. Let it ride the wave of time and settle its own course, by trying to help it along a person usually just upset the natural order. Well, they hadn't upset anything obviously and fate had deemed it necessary for them to be together and that was just how he felt around her. As if being with her was necessary to him. It was the oddest sensation flooding him but at the same time, he had never felt so sure about anything.
He frowned when she said she had been sick. He placed a finger gently under her chin and tilted her head up face him.
"How sick were you? Are you alright now?" the sudden feeling of wanting to protect her from every person, animal, bug, germ overwhelmed him. Was it possible to lock her away in a high tower so nothing and no-one but himself could ever get to her?

{sorry if I godmodded a little :( }

((no problem! ahh, been so stuck for a reply!))

The normally talkative Violet was speechless. And speechless in the best way posisble. She'd never felt this way before, but it was a wonderful feeling, confusing as it was. She felt happier than she had ever felt in her whole life, almost undeservedly so. After all, Aries had seemingly disappeared. She figured that it had all been some beautiful dream, that first meeting, although the book she had carried around, the book that had been with her all the time, it had been a reminder that he did exist, wherever he was. The pages had contained her hope, for months and months, that she would see him again. And here they were. Violet wanted to squeal in girlish delight as he kissed the top of her head, but kept it in - how ridiculous would it look if she squealed?
She smiled up at Aries, a serene, contented smile. He cares, Violet thought, quite amazed by the concept that anybody could actually care about her - Violet Bellamy, the awkward, shy Hufflepuff, the girl who was always in the background, always second, the leftover, the outsider - somebody could want to be with her. She gave a slight nod of her head. "It was nothing. Too much stress," she replied, simply. "I'm perfectly fine now," she added, happily, as she leant in to Aries, a little shyly, and placed her lips on his.

Aries sighed, he was glad it hadn't been anything serious but stress in a way was, wasn't it? He didn't like thinking of her stressed about anything so when she leaned in to kiss him, he pulled her to him gently then held her there for as long as feasibly possible. His mouth was firm on hers, enjoying the light pressure from her mouth. He thought he would burst with happiness. Was it really like this for every couple? He hoped so, why else would so many people want to be together the emotion, the sensation the other person ignited within their partner was so intense. Aries was sad in a way he hadn't known these emotions until now but was also thrilled that he was experiencing them all first hand with Violet. His Violet.

He released her mouth and tilting his head, planted tiny butterfly kisses on her eyelids and cheeks before grinning broadly.
"You were made for kissing you know that?" if the sky overhead opened up and bucketed down on them he wouldn't care, he was right where he wanted to be at this very moment in time. Nothing short of a hurricane could seperate them and even then he would put up a battle for her.
"It's going to be the summer holidays soon, have you any plans?" was she leaving to go home? how long would she be gone? Aries tilted her head once more to look at her, how would he feel about her leaving if she had to go? He decided he wouldn't think about it just yet, wait for her answer. He gazed into her eyes, waiting.

Violet gently closed her wide emerald eyes, enjoying the moment. She would have been happy to slow time and allow this afternoon to go on forever, so overjoyed was she at this very point in time. Violet never knew it was possible to feel this way, nor did she think she would ever meet anybody who would cause such an emotional uproar in her heart. She lost herself in the kiss, everything else disappearing. She did not think of schoolwork, or the weather, or home, she did not think of anything else but the boy right in front of her, his lips against hers. Nothing else mattered but the two of them.

She opened her eyes as Aries spoke again, feeling the familiar blush rise in her cheeks. "You really think so?" she almost whispered, completely dumbfounded. The pessimistic part of her kept protesting - why would anybody like me? - but the rest of her mind was slowly drowning that part out. You can't doubt that he likes you, nor that you like him. "I haven't made any plans, really," she mused, her voice coming back. "I figured I'll just do what I usually do, go home and laze," she grinned. "If you, um, wanted to come and visit me, I'd really love you to," she suggested, shyly. "My little brother's bringing his not-quite-girlfriend over for a couple of days in the holidays. And, well," she began, biting her lip as she thought about how to say what she wanted to say next, "I missed you too much before. I, um, don't really want to go another few months without seeing you," she blurted, mentally kicking herself. Now you've done it, sound like a deranged psychopath, why don't you...

Aries thought for a moment that he had misheard her but as she continued he knew he had been right, she had just invited him to her place for the summer. He beamed, as his hand around her shoulder squeezed it gently. Kissing the top of her head again he realised a few things. He had already promised Harrison that he would join him in Boston for a few weeks, they hadn't seen each other in forever. He had to go home to his parents for at least a few days but if he juggled some other things around he was nearly certain he could do it. He would prefer to fit everything else in and around her schedule but Aries was nothing if he wasn't loyal and Harrison had been his bestfriend since they were five. He needed some guy time, as he hadn't made any male friends here at all.
"I could come but I already had a few other plans made but I could visit for a week maybe. I'd miss you too that goes without saying but I'll write. I'll write so often you'll wish I didn't" he tilted her chin up and kissed her again. He let time tick by enjoying the moment that much more. When he finally released her again, he raised his head so it was leaning on the top of hers.
"Wish the sorting hat had chosen Hufflepuff for me now" he whispered.

((woah, big weekend! sorry!))

"Oh, that's alright," Violet said, shaking her head quickly. "Don't change your plans at all," she added. "It would be wonderful if you could but if you've already got plans, don't worry about it at all. I'll write back to you just as much," she grinned. Her holidays were set to be dreary as usual. She didn't have any extremely close friends, none that she would spend the holidays with in any case. She usually spent the holidays playing with Rosie - who had just turned four now - and spending time with her parents, along with Angus. Of course, Angus was going to visit Luna - although just for a day here and a day there. Violet was surprised he hadn't asked her out yet. He was obviously crazy about her - he did a terrible job at hiding it. Smiling, Violet closed her eyes. At least she'd have letters to entertain her during the holidays, it would seem. She couldn't judge Angus for being crazy about Luna - she was mad about Aries, after all. "I wish it had, too. Wish it had picked me for Ravenclaw...although I do kinda like Hufflepuff. Except for the fact that you're not there," she giggled, giving up on being self-conscious and acting like the love-struck teenager she was.

Aries felt even more guilty now but it was just way too late to change those plans. He wished he could split himself right down the middle but that was just stupid. He smiled as she giggled, then circled his arms about her once more.

"how about if I make it up to you at Christmas break? I know a thousand things could happen between then and now but I'm almost certain that how I feel for you won't. Go to the Yule Ball with me and spend the Christmas holidays here with me.
I'm getting in there before anyone else asks".
He waited listening to his own heart hammer loudly in his chest.

Violet was positively beaming when Aries asked her to the Yule Ball - although Christmas seemed like ages away. "Of course!" Violet practically squealed in response. "I mean, um, that would be lovely," she added, calming down a little bit. Sure, she would love to go home for Christmas as usual, but a Christmas in the castle with Aries would be wonderful. Her mother would understand completely, of course. Besides, there was something oddly romantic about it. And her parents had been planning Christmas in Melbourne with her father's family. It would save on the plane tickets if there was only to be two adults and a four year old. Or with a thirteen year old, if Angus went home for the holidays. It didn't matter. Violet couldn't think about those things right now. All she could think about was how lucky she felt that Aries had asked her to the Yule Ball and to spend Christmas with him.

Thrilled with her response Aries stood up and held his hand out to her.
"Come on Princess we better start heading back inside. As much as I could quite happily sit here with you all day, I have four different papers to write up. Maybe I'll join you for dinner this evening at the Hufflepuff table" she had said yes to both things and he was elated. It wasn't so much that she had said yes though it was how she had said it. Aries smiled at her and decided two hands were better than one, so offered her the other as well as he stood infront of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back