Persuading?

Collin Jin

As usual, Collin spend his time in the abandoned classroom all by himself worrying about his family and his future. He had always wanted to impress his dear cousin but he didn't know how and in the other hand, he didn't want his friends to think that he had changed. Why did the sorting hat sorted him into Ravenclaw instead of Slytherin? If he was in Slytherin, it would make him so much easier to be like his cousin. Perhaps this was the only way to get baba's attention? He had been trying a lot of things but baba couldn't seem to notice him. The boy frowned as he walk toward the classroom a little deeper. No one actually came there, he was sure that his twin sister Cherie wouldn't even want to touch things inside the classroom. Carefully he opened the cabinet and found nothing inside. The second year Ravenclaw walk toward the dusty desk and sat on it remembering the scene in the library when his cousin told him to act like the family. What was that suppose to mean? He stared at the wall in front of him showing no emotion. Surprisingly, he heard something from outside. Usually he would stood up and see what was there but not this time, he had no interest at all. Collin sat on the desk and rested his legs on the other desk right beside it as his eyes started to wander around.

Shaylah walked along the second floor corridor, wondering about how her life had become such a mess. Everything had been great when she first moved to New Zealand. For once in her life, she finally had friends and her dad was off on business trips less. Then her mum came into her life and everything went mad. Her life suddenly became confusing. No more. She wasn't going to put up with that woman or anyone to do with her. She just wanted to get revenge for what happened to her dad.

Shaylah turned the corner and went through the door into the abandoned classroom. Usually there was no one in there but she stopped in her tracks when she saw a younger boy stood there. She frowned and looked him up and down. "What are you doing in here?!" She didn't want to deal with anyone today. She wanted to be alone. She had to be alone.

Collin was surprised to see a girl not just a girl but a Slytherin coming into the classroom. Slytherin was where he should be in not Ravenclaw! He had secretly envy those students who were sorted into Slytherin, including Ash. He jumped off the desk and tidy his robes. "What are you talking about? I'm always here! What are you doing here?" He asked showing no emotion to her not trying to be rude but he couldn't help it. "The classroom next door in unoccupied, you can have it... For today" He said walking toward the front not looking at her as he grab his bags that he left in front "Or you can have this place for today" He said and stopped right beside her still not looking at her. "It's pretty...Damp in here" He looked at her in the eye and walk few steps away from her. If the girl was going to attack her, he would probably start threatening her with all sort of stupid stuff but it wasn't fair if she was going to attack him. After all she was older than him and she knew more spells.

Shaylah frowned when he told her to go to the room next door. She was going to shoot insults at him until he picked up his bag and said he'd go. "I'm not going. You can. I like the damp. I mean, I'm a slytherin for Merlin's sake." Slytherin's practically lived in a dungeon which was probably the dampest part of the whole school - excluding the lake. Shay glared at the boy as he started walking towards the door. She couldn't help but see a bit of slytherin in him. "What house are you in??" She couldn't help but ask the question. He looked like he should be in slytherin. He had the same cold, mysterious eyes that she did.

Collin was a little surprised that she would call for him. He twisted himself so that he was facing her. "Me?" He held his blue tie and pointed at the Ravenclaw crest on his uniform "Ravenclaw, I don't know why I'm here" He sneered as his eyes started to wander around the classroom, it was too damp he heated it. "Although my cousin is in Slytherin, Lykke Wu... You know her?" He asked, he was proud of her she influenced him. If he didn't meet her here then he might not be like this. "I'm assuming you're a Slytherin eh? I've seen you around the school" It was either her or someone else who had been bullying some kids.

Shaylah looked down at the crest on the boy's tie. Ravenclaw. At least he wasn't a Gryffindor. She rolled her eyes. "Just because I'm Slytherin doesn't mean I'm going to know your cousin out of the hundreds of Slytherins in the school." She sighed. "Though I think I've heard the name somewhere. What year are they??" Shay couldn't believe she was being half decent to a younger ravenclaw. It was unheard of that she would be decent to anyone really. "Yeah, I'm slytherin. It's what makes me better than you." Shay sneered with a grin on her face. She found it amusing that people avoided her because of what they'd seen her do to other kids.

"She's a third year" Collin said and shrugged as he placed his bag on the table and kicked off the chair in front of him and sat on the table right next to it. He snorted when the girl said that she was better than him just because she was a Slytherin. "First of all yeah MAYBE you are better because you're a Slytherin, honestly I don't know why I'm a Ravenclaw." He snorted, he felt stupid for being in the blue house filled with nerds. "If you're a pureblood then you're better but the other way around, I don't think so" He said once again without showing his emotion. He took off his tie and tied it on his bag. His brown eyes then met hers, he stared at her sharply just like what his friends did when they were angry and lifted an eyebrow without moving an inch.

Shaylah smiled. She was seeing more of the Slytherin in him now but she was also seeing the Ravenclaw and she didn't like that part of him. It was his weakness in her eyes. She nodded her head once with a smug smile. "Yeah, I'm pure blood." No one had ever told Shay that her mum was actually a mixed blood so there was no chance of Shay being a pure blood. In her eyes, both her parents were pure so she was as well. Shay sat chucked her bag on the floor and sat on a chair with her feet on the table. "Personally, if you want to be a Slytherin then I think you need toughening up. You are way too soft for my liking."

Collin immediately liked the girl, he was going to look up to her just like he looked up to Lykke. "I see... Then you should totally come to our Manor, we have a party once a year and some of my pureblood friends are invited as well" He smirked and messed his hair a little. He only want to be looked good in front of the professors but not the students. "Me? Being a Slytherin? Ha" He sneered and sighed. "I don't know really, life's not easy I got sick with it so I guess I'm learning how to be more like the Wu's" He said looking to the cold floor which was pretty dusty. "Do you think baba I mean father will notice me if I be more like... You guys? I mean I've tried everything including being a smarty pants" He laughed remembering what he did during the first year.

Shaylah beamed. Being around a bunch of pure blood kids would be a great thing for her. It would be proof to her mum that she was better. "Yeah. Sounds great. When is it??" She was genuinely interested which made a change for her. She was starting to like this boy a bit. She didn't know why. She grinned at what he said. "If your dad is any sort of a decent guy then he will think you're amazing if you start acting more like me. I act like a pure blood should act. Not how they're thought of acting." Shay hated people who tried being pure bloods but failed completely. It got on her nerves like there was no tomorrow.

It was a little odd that the older girl sounded excited. If it was Cherie she would be asking if they had something interesting in there or not but Collin couldn't really care. "Usually it's in the Huberta manor, oh! Hayley's a Slytherin, second year sadly her twin brother and my twin sister are both in Gryffindor" He frowned a little and shrugged. "Usually we have it on... I don't know... Winter holiday, rarely Summer because then my father has to go to" He paused, Collin didn't know why his father was never around anyway and why he was always with another woman. "Work" He continued. ""Not Cherie tho, I don't know about her now but she was different" the black haired guy said trying to remember how Cherie was. "She's my twin sister by the way... And I'm Collin, pleasure to meet you" He bowed a little showing her a respect, after all she was older than him.

Shaylah moved away slightly when he said his twin sister was in Gryffindor. At least the boy thought of it as a bad thing.It showed that he had potential. "I think I've heard the name Huberta before. Not sure whether it was Hayley or not." She shrugged slightly. "Why don't you send me an owl when you know when it's going to be. I'll make sure I'm there." She grinned, glad that she could finally get somewhere without her mum taking all the spotlight. "In the mean time I'm going to help you." That was a line Shaylah had never said before. "I'm going to turn you into someone a Slytherin would be proud to be friends with, even if you are stuck as a Ravenclaw." Shay held her hand out to the younger boy when he bowed. "Shaylah Rouge." The name was simple and she loved it. She just hated the fact that her mum had the same surname.

Who wouldn't go to the part? It was fancy and only pureblood were invited. It was one of Collin's favorite party although it was pretty formal. "Me? Help? What are you talking about. Pfft" He said feeling a little offended but he did need help he wasn't stable yet "Well maybe a little" He said as he held his hand as he shook her hand. "Rouge? Never heard of him before" Collin shrugged referring to Shaylah's father. Well of course there were a lot of pureblood and Collin was still too young to know all of them, perhaps even his father didn't know all of them. "Honestly I had a bet on my sister being in Slytherin but I can never understand why the hat put her in Gryffindor, she's so much better in Slytherin" Collin said as he remember his sister who had been a pain for him but who had been his best friend, and the one he loved at the same time.

Shaylah couldn't help but laugh slightly when Collin said he didn't need any help. It was obvious that he did. "Tip number one; stop being so kind. Kind is bad." This was a new thing for Shaylah. She'd always just done it rather than having to think about it. Shaylah frowned when he said that his sister didn't belong in Gryffindor. She didn't comment on that though. She'd won this boy over and she wasn't about to push him away by making some sort of stupid comment about his sister, even if she did deserve it.

Colin shrugged when Shaylah told him to not be so kind and that kind was bad, he was used to it. "I guess I can do something about that" He scratched his head as he untuck his shirt and stretched his arms to the air. "Are you the only child?" Collin had been thinking about being the only child but he couldn't imagine what he would do when his father was drunk and start yelling at his step mother. The family was complicated, he didn't want to know too much about it anyway, he was sick of being his father's slave for years and since he was in Hogwarts, father didn't care about him even though he had been trying to get straight O's. And perhaps this kind of attitude would please him.

Shay nodded when he said he'd try. She was going to see how it went and see if there was any point bothering with him. If he couldn't be unkind then there was no way he was going to get any further. "No." She shook her head. "My mum's had four other kids but they're not my dad's. I hate my mum's side of the family. It makes me feel low with everything I do." Shay knew that no matter what she did she was still related to that women and the things that she kept ever so close to her.

When Shay told Collin that she hated her mom, thousands of question started to hit him. Even though he dislike his father, he still loved him. "Why? Your mom remarry a mudblood? Or is she poor?" He snorted and wrinkle his nose, Collin was one of those who hated muggle or even those who's financial condition wasn't very good. "Where's your father? Is he like mine? Who's always working and tend to forget their... Kids?" It hurt him really when he knew that his father was never home, that his father never really care about him and that he had ever marry a someone else because of money.

Shay shook her head. "He used to work a lot but he never forgot about me. He always thought of me first." Shay didn't like talking about her dad but she had to clear his name. He was being blamed for something that wasn't his fault. "Now he's in Azkaban because of my mother." Shay had loved her life before the woman came into it. Shay no longer referred to her as her mum unless she had to. She was either mother or that woman.

Collin was extremely surprised that Shay's father was in Azkaban. At least none of his family that he knew was in Azkaban, most of them were in the ministry and even some of them were deatheater, they were never been caught before. He couldn't even tell which one was the deatheater. "What did your mother do?" At this time, he was actually looking down to her family but he didn't tell her perhaps soon? Azkaban was out of his league, wasn't something to be proud of. "I'd kill her if I were you" He said.

Shay sighed. "He was protecting her. She was stupid enough to go into Bleak Street alone when she was 9 months pregnant and he went looking for her. Found her being beaten up by two kids. He killed the kids, one by accident the other on purpose, and that's when an auror decided to show up." Shay wished things could go back to the way they had been before her mother showed her face. "How am I meant to kill her?! I'm a fourteen year old girl. Just because I know the spell doesn't mean I can use it. It's way too advanced." Shay couldn't wait to learn the killing curse. At least then she could get it over and done with.

The drama that Collin just heard amazed him. The boy tap a finger on his chin thinking about her family. "Kill her? Well that's easy, since my step mother was a muggleborn, she knew some weapons that they can use to hurt people. Swords are useful really. What you have to do is snap her wand and kill her in her sleep" He had heard about Wushu as well from his mother but he dint really know what it was since his father probid him in learning too much about muggle. "Gladly my mudblood step mother's dead. My father remarry a pure blood. Just to let you know" He shrugged. Killing wasn't too hard for him. His step Mother was very traditional.

Shaylah wrinkled her nose at the mention of mudbloods. "Eww. If I was to kill her then there is no way that I'd do it in a muggle way. That's disgusting." Shaylah was excited about the thought of killing someone but there was no way she would ever do it using muggle objects. It would feel completely wrong. "At least your dad has enough sense to dump a mudblood for a pure blood. I'll give him credit for that." If Shaylah found out anyone was a mudblood then she stayed as far away as possible. She didn't want to catch anything from any of them.

Just as Collin thought, the firl wont do it just because he suggested muggle way. "Then I guess you'll have to wait till you're 17 and that is IF you can cast the spell. If I were you, I'll take the shortcut 3 or 4 years is too long for me. Do you think you can stand that woman that long?" Collin asked as he looked at his finger as he wipe it with his tie. "My father married a mudblood just because he wants her money." He snorted. It was a brilliant idea to marry someone, get their money. Someday he would do that.

Shaylah shook her head. "I have a friend who says she might know someone who can do the job. I haven't heard back from her though because she doesn't go to Hogwarts New Zealand." Shay wished Larissa would hurry up and send her an owl saying whether this person could do the job or not. Then Shay laughed. "Ok, I guess that's a good reason to marry scum. I hope he killed her as well. That way it's one less." Shay wanted to be a death eater when she was old enough. She wanted to help get rid of the scum in the world and she didn't care what length she had to go to to do it.

Muggle and muggleborns were distracting but not their fighting style. Since Collin was only 12, he couldn't always use magic especially outside school. So fighting with his fist and his legs was what he had been doing. "My dad? Kill that woman? If he wanted to kill her, he'll hire someone to do that. We, the Jins keep our name clean. None of my family from my father's side is in Azkaban or was in there." He said proudly emphasizing the Jins. "Good luck with that then. If you can't manage to kill her then... I guess I'll call you unlucky, eh?" The boy laughed and wasn't mocking her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back