Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
10" Whippy Ebony Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Jessy woke up with a melody in her head for the first time in about eight years. When she was younger, she would quite often wake up from a good nights sleep and find her mind had created it's own little soundtrack for the day ahead of her- and she would quite happily go about her day-to-day life humming along to a tune only she knew, a song only she could hear. As time went on and Jessy grew up, this stopped happening so frequently. Now that she was back in New Zealand, however, it seemed to be coming back to her.

The melody was light and bouncy, and it filled Jessy's mind with memories of being younger and more energetic. As she lay in bed and allowed the melody to play over in her head a few times, she realized that there was a story to be told with this melody. She grabbed her notebook from her bag which was open on the floor next to her bed, and she began to write, humming and throwing ideas around in her head. She hadn't felt this kind of inspiration in years, and she wasn't going to let it go to waste.

Twenty minutes later, Jessy was reading over the lyrics to the completed song, and was hit with the sudden desire to perform, straight away. She had no music ready, no local connections other than Kyle, no idea where she could go, but she had to do it while she was motivated. She jumped out of bed, ran her fingers through her hair and threw on a clean set of clothing.

The house was quiet, Kyle must have still been in bed, so she decided to leave a note in the kitchen so that Kyle would see it when he woke up and went to make a cup of tea.

K-

I kind of spontaneously wrote a song, and so I'm going busking in The Octagon.
I will be back in a couple of hours, or feel free to come and find me.
We should do something together this afternoon.

- J
xox

The Octagon was just as Jessy remembered, The Robert Burns statue adorned with a scarf, the statue itself still covered head to toe in seagull droppings - nothing ever changes in Dunedin. There were a few people wandering around, heading to work orto pick up a morning coffee from one of the cafes down in the bottom of The Octagon. Jessy didn't know what kind of reception she would get, all she cared about was raising her voice. She hadn't warmed up, she hadn't even practiced the song in it's entirety - but she couldn't think of anything else in the world she wanted to do, so she planted herself in the middle of the small platform that Dunedin-ites often used as a makeshift stage for performances or public exhibitions, took three deep, slow breaths, and began to sing.

If I could live anywhere
I'd live in a castle on the coast

I don't know who I am
or where I should be
but if I had the choice, that's where you'd find me

If I could be anyone
I'd be the one you remember the most

I don't know how to fly
or where I should land
but if I don't leave soon, I'll never be free

In my castle,
lights turn on lights turn off when I want them to
In my castle,
doors open doors close when I want them to.

If I could sleep anywhere
I'd sleep in the tallest of trees

I don't know where you are
or if you'd join me
but if I don't reach out, how will you find me?

Come to my castle on the coast
Bring your heart, bring your soul.

In my castle,
lights turn on lights turn off when I want them to
In my castle,
doors open doors close when I want them to.
In my castle,
life is good when i want it to be
In my castle
I am me when I want to be me

If I could live anywhere
I'd live in a castle on the coast

Bring your heart
bring your soul

OOCOut of Character: Dunedin/The Octagon
I grew up in Dunedin, New Zealand and I wanted to start bringing more elements of my hometown to HNZ! The Octagon is a real location, so if your character could realistically IC be in this location, please do feel free to come and watch Jessy sing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back