Perfect end to the perfect day

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
(Previous topic: As a thank you - Brightstone Village. )

The 18th of March 2024, had to be one of the best days Patricia had experienced in a long time. A day full of fun, laughter and good company there wouldn't be anything the Hufflepuff would want to change about it. Like the rest of the day the journey back to the castle was an enjoyable one but the Hufflepuff teen couldn't help but feel sad that the day was over, she had enjoyed it so much. As the two friends made their way the castle, glad that they had missed the crowds of other students, the two made their way to their respective Common Rooms without much hassle. As they reached the Fourth Floor Corridor, Patricia and Ruki walked in the direction of the Hufflepuff Common Room entrance. As they reached their destination Patricia turned to her friend a tried but happy smile on her face. "Thank you so much for today. I really enjoyed myself." she told him, again.

After the afternoon's events, Rukevra knew he would be on a high for the next few days. He had more fun in one day than he had ever managed in his four years at Durmstrang. Reaching the castle was a relatively quick task, with the majority of other students still a distance behind them. Moving through the halls, the young wizard felt little need to eat anything else after his meal in the village.

Deciding to head towards his dormitory, Rukevra planned to dump the broom he had carried most of the day; and take a long; hot; steam-filled shower. As many other students where likely to do the same, he knew he wouldn't be alone for long. The 'Perfects' had it just that; perfect. With their very own bathroom, they could enjoy the hot water in peace.

Reaching the Hufflepuff common room first, the fifth year realised he still had to hand Patricia her gift. The more he thought about what it was, the more he thought the funny side to it was fading. Distracted for a brief moment, Rukevra came back into focus as his friend spoke. Smiling towards her, the young wizard responded. "You are more than welcome. I enjoyed myself too, even if things ache a bit.". The fifth year let out a small laugh.

Patricia was glad to hear that her friend had enjoyed himself also. After all he probably wouldn't have done half the things that day if it hadn't been for her and it being her birthday, although he had suggested everything. She was just so glad he did! It was late now and all Patricia felt like doing was going up to her dorm, getting into her comfy pajamas, eating a load of sweets with her friends until she fell asleep. Laughing tiredly at Ruki's words Patricia nodded her head in agreement, "Yeah, but the pain was definitely worth it." she said with a smile. Yawning she covered her mouth with her hand, "I think I better head up to bed. Ell wants me to work again tomorrow so I have to get up early. Goodnight." she said as she started to turn towards the portrait.

Spotting his friend was rather tired, Rukevra smiled back as she responded to his previous words. He wouldn't keep her any longer than necessary if she wished to head to bed. The aches he was likely to feel for a day or two where certainly worth it though. Once Patricia had covered a yawn, and mentioned her plans for work, the young wizard watched as she gave her good-night; whilst turning towards her common-room's entrance. Not wanting to hold on to the gift over night, and possibly several days, Rukevra spoke.

"Before you go.". The young Gryffindor placed his hand into his pocket, and removed the wrapped box. "I have something for you.". Holding out the item, Rukevra could only hope she liked it.

It was the only decent box I could find, so just imagine it is pocket sized; or that he has.. huge pockets.

Patricia was a little surprised to hear her friend call her back but she turned to face him one more time regardless of how tired she was. She watched her friend curiously as he placed his hand his pocket, pulling out a small box. Patricia's eyes lit up as she saw the beautifully wrapped box, her smile widening as she heard his words. "You got me something?" she asked, more out of shock than anything as she took the box in her hands; which were shaking slightly out of excitement. "Oh Ruki, you didn't have to do this." she started of the modest process as she started to unwrap the box. "Today was enough re..." she broke off from her sentence as she finally opened the box and saw the necklace inside it.

Her mouth opened slightly as she looked at it, raising her hand and taking the necklace out of the box, handling it as if it were fragile. "It's beautiful." she said, speechless, she was still surprised that he had gotten her anything. Finally taking her eyes of the necklace she placed her gaze back on her friend. "Put it on for me?" she asked, her grin still as wide. She walked a bit closer to her friend as she gave him back the necklace so he could put it on for her. Turning her back to him she lifted her hair away from her neck and waited...

With his arm out-stretched, the fifth year wondered if he had done the right thing. Was it too much that he had bought her a gift. Shaking the thought from his mind, the young wizards watched his friend turn back to face him once more; her eyes telling him he was right for putting in the effort. The girl's words appeared to hold a sound of surprise as she took the box from him with shaking hands. As the Hufflepuff opened the gift-box, her sentence broke.

The very look upon her face told him everything he needed to know. When he was asked to put it on for her, the young wizard smirked. He wanted to respond with a comment about how it wouldn't suit him, but felt the silence was much better. As Patricia stepped forward, the fifth year took a-hold of the necklace; making sure he wouldn't drop it. After un-clasping the hook, Rukevra, with the gift in one hand, placed his arms around the young girl; and proceed to fasten the necklace securely against her neck. "How does it feel?". He wasn't sure at this point whether she could wear silver.

Patricia felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand-up as Ruki placed the necklace around her neck. As it fell into place she lifted her hand to twirl the pendant in her fingers. Turning back round to face her friend she beamed, "Feels great!" She exclaimed with a light giggle. It wasn't too long and it wasn't too short so it was chocking her, it was just right. "Thank you!" she said before going up on her tip-toes and embracing her friend in a hug. She didn't know how else to repay him without saying thank you over and over again, so this would have to do. Breaking away from the hug she saw that a crowd of students were making their way up the corridor which meant curfew was about to start. "Urgh I think we definitely have to go now." she said, her tone clearly showing she was annoyed that they day had to be cut short, even though they had prety much spent the whole day together. "I talk to you later. G'night" she said with a small wave before making her way through the portrait hole along with a few other Hufflepuffs.

Slight relief spread over him as Patricia accepted her gift. Any feeling of un-certainty left him as she responded to his question, her face beaming. Before he had a moment to say anything further, the young girl embraced him in a hug. Answering back, Rukevra wrapped an arm around her. "I'm glad that you like it.". A smile was spread across his own face.

Seconds later, students began to make their way towards them; heading into the Hufflepuff common room. Nodding swiftly at his friend's words, the young wizard mentally rolled his eyes at having to push past everyone to get back to his own dormitory. Saying good-night, Rukevra watched the girl head through the portrait before setting off for his shower. Curfew or no, he was having one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back