People Are Strange

Sierra Cole

OOC First Name
Jessa ;D
Wand
A pretty one
Sierra had not gotten any letters from her family since she had arrived, not that she cared. She wasn't expecting any form of contact from her dad and his new wife anyway, not with the new baby on the way. She walked down to the lakeside and sat down. She was a in a very bad mood today and did not want company. Sierra looked out at the late, wondered what on earth she was doing at Hogwarts. She didn't want to be a witch, she wanted to be a normal person. She still believed that her mother would want her if she wasn't a witch.

Grace walked down lawn, the grass was well kept and fresh green, it her hands was her Violin case, flicking her hair out of her eyes she kept up her fast paced walk towards the lake, she found the lake beautiful and serene, she felt like playing her Violin in such a place as it helped her mood, she was bored and a little lonely, she was also uncomfortable because she did not dress herself today, her friend Shiloh decided she needed to change the way she dressed so she looked a little more like a child instant of a small woman.

Grace was now at the lake, she saw a girl to her right but did not call out to her, the girl probably wanted to be alone and Grace thought it rude to just barge in on the girls quiet time, so instead she played her Violin the wind was coming from the right so the girl would not be able to hear the song, but after a few notes the winds changed direction to allow the music to reach the girls ears.

Sierra heard the most infuriating noise coming from the instrument that the other girl was playing. Violins were the most horrible piece of work in the known universe. Ariadne played the violin, which was why Sierra hated it. If her little sister could do something that Sierra couldn't, then it had to be bad. She looked at the other girl, presumably a first year like herself. "Could you take that piece of wood somewhere else? Please." She did not speak in a friendly tone. Sierra wasn't known to be friendly anyway.

Grace stopped playing abruptly at the sound of the girl she saw, she was angry but her words were far worse. “Piece, a part that has been broken, torn, or cut from a larger whole, Wood, a hard fibrous substance that chiefly composes trees and bushes and is found beneath their bark, Violin a wooden musical instrument with four strings and an unfretted fingerboard, held under the player's chin and played with a bow. The violin has the highest range in the family of stringed instruments to which it gives its name.” Grace quoted. “As you can plainly see a Violin is not a mere piece of wood, if you do not wish to hear it then turn deaf, because obviously you have no appreciation for fine music so you do not deserve to hear such things, I am sure there are far better people out there that would love to hear beautiful music such as the Violin.” Grace said in a threatening tone that sent shivers through anything nearby, even the small animals shivered.

Grace shook her head at the girl, how rude of her to speck in such a manner; did this girl not know anything about music? Grace knew it was not her best performance but even a top rank critic would have given her thumbs up, so what was the problem with this rude and pushy child? Grace shook her head again slowly. “You are but a simple child.” She said softly.

OOCOut of Character:
Shes a passionate one :p may as well call her a dictionary :r

Sierra smirked at the other first year. She wasn't afraid of her. Sierra had a sister far worse than this pathetic violin-player. Seriously, who cared about the definition of things? Sierra certainly didn't. She stood up and looked at the Gryffindor. "Simple?" she inquired. She took a deep breath. Her therapist had warned her about getting angry. She let out her breath, and smiled. "I can't argue with the 'child' part as I am, in fact, a child." she said sweetly. "But, simple?" she laughed quietly. "Simple is something not complex or complicated, which I assure you does not describe me. Not in the slightest." Sierra waited for the other girl to say something.

“Simple, naive and lacking in depth and detail an offensive term meaning having an intellectual capacity that does not permit the performance of higher-level cognitive processes” Grace corrected. “I must admit your definition is also correct but I was using it in said term.” She explained, she wanted this over quickly she did not want to further waste her time. “Why is it you dislike the Violin? Is it because you cannot play? I can teach you if it would help your lack of classical knowledge.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back