Peering over the edge...

James Gardner

James noticed this place when he first came to Hogwarts, he knew it was slightly forbidden but he came anyway. He felt the wind blowing against him as he walked towards the cliff edge. He then got to the ground and layed on the soft ground, his legs hanging over the edge. Enjoying the stillness of the situation.

Trinity was well aware she had a ton of homework to do already all silly essays about who she was and where did she see herself after she graduated. It was all nonsense just like the school was. She walked briskly through the gardens until she neared the cliff tops and stopped abruptly. Should she even be here? Was it safe? A smile crossed her face and she realized she couldn't care less and began to climb along the higher ones that looked down over the path that passed through and around the cliffs. She wished Tony was here, he'd have loved climbing on these. Her specialty were trees and those she could climb all day long.

She began making her way down towards the path and jumping the last meter or so,she turned to see a boy sitting by the edge, his legs dangling over it.
"Unless you can fly without one of those stick things I wouldn't sit that close if I was you, you could fall" she smiled walking closer.

James looked over to the horizon as he looked back to hear footsteps. He swung him his legs back and forth as he gave off a small laugh as he heard what she was saying. "Well, maybe I can." James said jokingly. "The names James, and your's is?" He smiled as he swung his legs back and got up to his feet.

Trinity waited until he was standing before introducing herself. It seemed safer in case he wanted to shake hands or do something equally stupid like most of the kids here did. How formal did they have to be at 11 for crying out loud.
"I'm Trinity. Do you often dangle off cliff edges like that?" she asked curiosity peeking her, "I prefer trees myself. More scope and less danger".

He smiled as she asked whether he dangled over edges often. He gave off a small laugh. "Yeah, it gives me a sense of fun and danger. It is pretty awesome." He loved hanging over the cliff edges. It gave him some enjoyment, unlike the classes here at Hogwarts. "Actually just when I am in this mood, do you ever get the feeling when you just wanna get in danger?" He did, but he had gotten hurt many a time.

Trinity heard what he was saying but thought he had an unhealthy sense of fun and danger. She was all up for all types of fun herself and had many scars and wounds from climbing and falling all over the place but she never actually went out of her way to do something 'dangerous'.
"Nope" she told him matter of factly, "I get moods where I just want to get up to mischief or have lots of fun but danger, no. It's never appealed to me actually. What type of danger are you considering?"

He thought, he didn't know what to say, it was hard to answer and not get abused. He expected it as she seemed a lot more mature then him. "I mean mischief and the like, don't worry, I won't put you in any danger." He smiled as he looked at her.

Trinity guffawed at this statement.
"It's most likely that I would put you in danger, just a knack I have. Always unintentional but it does happen" she smiled shrugging her shoulders.
"So James what do you have in mind?" Trinity was a consumate tomboy and had always been up to some sort of mischief since she had been able to walk, much to her families dismay. But there was not a bad bone in her body, it was all good clean fun at least so far it had been.

James smiled, it might seem like they will get each other in danger, or most likely trouble. "I would love to go into the forbidden forest. Or go climbing down these cliffs. It is intriguing to see how it would happen." James smiled, knowing that these were the two things he wanted to do most in his first year. "Wanna come?" He then shrugged as he looked at her.

Trinity beamed from ear to ear suddenly, she had heard the headmaster mention the forbidden forest of course and immediately her curiousty had been peeked. Two of her favorite things, lots of trees and being told she couldn't. Nodding her head vigorously she stuffed her hands into her pockets.

"The Forbidden Forest"

He smiled as she said that she wanted to go into the Forbidden forest. He nodded, he knew he wanted to, being told he couldn't just made him want to go in their more. Plus he had heard there was wild creatures in there, even centuars.

"When shall we go?" He smiled, knowing she would want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back