Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Augustus had been hurt by what had been said at the Valentine's Dance, even if it wasn't too surprising. He had been called weird before, but freak was something that had never been said, at least not close enough for him to hear it. He knew that he was a little different, but it was still difficult to realize that others knew it too. Augustus usually avoided his classmates a bit, and today was no exception. He was spending time at the lake, which was his favorite spot. He had brought a net today, and was lying on his front, dangling the net into the water. He was trying to see what he could fish up. All he did was look at the creatures and weeds closely before tipping the net into the lake again. His gaze occasionally moved on to deeper parts of the water. He had heard a few whispers about something big moving underneath the water, and had seen a glimpse of something himself not long ago. Augustus was extremely curious. He just didn't know how to take a closer look. Augustus supposed he could swim, but that seemed unwise. Perhaps a boat would be a good idea? If only he knew how to make one. Augustus pondered this quietly as his net dipped under the surface again. He managed to catch a small fish, and he watched it for a moment before releasing it again. He then took a few notes in the notebook Addison had given him.

Last edited:
Addison was bored. She hated being bored. A fresh journal in hand, she set about in search of an adventure. She passed by the Hufflepuff Seeker in the hall, blushing and cooing to herself how cute his curls were up close, before finding herself outside. She wandered for a bit, before spotting a familiar face by the water. She stretched out next to him, flashing him a smile. "Did you know the earliest fishing net dates back to 8,300 BC?" She asked.

Augustus looked up from his notes when Addison came to lie down next to him. He blinked at her, then gave her a slight smile before shaking his head. "I did not know that." He said, returning his attention to the net. "I was trying to see if I could catch a Grindlyow." He said quietly. "And... there's something else." He sat up, brushing some grass off the front of his robes. "Addison, do you think it's possible there's a creature in the lake? Something... big?" He asked her quietly, wanting to gauge her reaction to the idea before mentioning he had seen something. It would make him very sad if Addison didn't believe him, and he would rather just not tell her if he thought she wouldn't. There were other things he wanted to ask her too, but the thing he'd seen in the lake was at the front of his mind.

Addison looked interested as he said he was trying to catch a Grindlyow, wandering what his chances of actually doing so were. She tilted her head to the side, listening to his question. "Of course there is," She stated plainly. "Some fish can weigh up to 200 pounds, if left alone long enough." She stated simply. "Did you see something? I'd be surprised if there weren't large creatures in the lake, or in any lake, really. Especially a magical one," She gave him a bright smile. "Come on then, share. What happened?" She asked, genuinely curious.

Augustus was relieved when Addison seemed open to the idea of something big being in the lake. Though what he had seen had not been a fish, he was certain of that. He was surprised when she guessed he had seen something, but he nodded with wide eyes. "I did." He said quickly. "Leia Hume was there too, she saw as well, but I don't think she really cared that much. I don't understand why." He said, completely mystified by that. "But maybe it's just that she doesn't like me..." He added quietly, before shaking his head and focusing on the more important story. "It didn't look like fish. I think it might be a serpent." He told her, excitement visible on his usual blank face. He showed her a few notes he had made in his notebook. "I went to the library first to look at aquatic serpents, but I didn't see enough of it to get very far..." He shrugged. "So I... was hoping to catch another glance." He said, glancing over at the water again a little wistfully.

Addison nodded. "Water serpents are common. Or maybe an eel? They're like serpents. I don't think it's a serpent though, serpents still need air to breathe, so it's probably a big eel. Did you know there are about 800 different species of eels?" She asked. She looked over his notes. "Do you want to start hanging out down here more? I can help you watch for it," She offered,

Augustus frowned a little, shaking his head. "It looked too big to be an eel..." He said, glancing over the water again. "And you don't know if it doesn't need air to breathe. That could be why I saw it breach the surface." He told her, blinking at the lake for a moment before turning his big eyes on Addison again. "I believe it could be a serpent that is new and unknown... like a sea serpent from mythology." He confessed, though he knew the theory was perhaps a bit unlikely. "Big water serpents pop up in different mythology in different parts of the world... much like how dragons are described in many muggle texts. And those are real." He told her. "So... maybe this could be a big serpent that is different than any that are known already. Only glimpsed by people but never properly seen..." He told her, picking up a rock and turning it over in his hand. He averted his gaze from her. "But it could be something else too." He added quietly. "I don't know." He nodded when she suggested hanging out here more. "I like the lake. It's quiet." He confessed. "I don't like busy places."

Addison listened to him intently, taking out a new notebook from her bag. She pulled out a thick black sharpie as well, labeling the front cover with the words 'The Creature in the Lake'. She opened the book, spending several moments in silence as she scribbled down everything he had told her, finally looking back up at him and smiling. "Well, we'll need to come out often then so we can learn what it is that's out there." She told him. "It's okay, I don't like busy places either. Its why I didn't go to the dance." She shrugged.

Augustus watched with interest as Addison wrote on the front cover of a new notebook. He smiled a little, thinking it was smart that she had so many. He just had the one she gave him, which he filled with many different interesting facts or thoughts, making it a bit unorganized. But he liked it that way a bit. "I'd like that." He said softly. "It's nice here." He nodded when she said she felt the same, and named it as the reason for not going to the dance. The memory of that evening made his shoulders droop a bit. "I... shouldn't have gone either." He mumbled, looking down.

Allison grinned, drawing a smiley face on his hand. "I would like that too," she giggled softly. It was fun having a project, especially with a friend. Her smile faded when he reacted to the dance. "What happened?" She asked automatically, feeling protective.

Augustus blinked at the face Addison drew on his hand, then rubbed lightly at the ink with his thumb, curious to see if he could wipe it away. It seemed not, but he didn't mind it. He glanced at her nervously when she asked what happened, and then shrugged and looked away. "I stumbled into Leia Hume, and we talked a little... she had been angry with me before but now she seemed a little better. But then Luxen Silverback came and he asked her to dance, so... they left, and I heard that Luxen called me a freak." He mumbled quietly. "Leia also said I was a weirdo... and later I was at the Lake, that was when I saw the serpent-like creature, and Leia was there too and she also saw it. But then Luxen came again and called me a freak again, this time to my face." He bit his lip. "I don't... know why, I haven't ever done anything to Luxen. I know Leia does not like me because I stared at her and she thought it was strange, but she sometimes seems nice and other times not." He added sadly, looking over at the water. "I don't understand it."

Addison listened intently to what Augustus was talking about. She furrowed her brow, scooting closer and laying her head on his shoulder. "Forget them. Luxen is just a jerk. He knocked a bludger into my sister and keeps attacking Stanislaw." She told him. "I heard Kia Sorens knocked him out with a vase," She told him. "Don't listen to him. I don't know about the Hume girl, I'm sure she doesn't mean anything bad." She tried to reassure him.

Augustus was a little surprised to hear that Luxen had attacked Stanislaw, who he knew was a good friend of Addison's twin. "Oh." He said, brow furrowing. He wasn't sure if he should be happy or not to hear it wasn't just him he was bothering. "I don't know... Leia was mean too." He said hesitantly. "And when Luxen came to join us at the lake, he splashed me with water and she said she had just been trying to trick me. I don't understand. " He said, a little sadly. "She is nice to me sometimes, but then she is mean when Luxen is around, and is his friend instead." He said, glancing at Addison. "I don't know how to forget them." He admitted, not sure if he could follow her advice. "It makes me feel bad."

Oops

Addison wasn't often angry, but she felt angry now. "Well, who needs them anyway." She pouted, stubbornly. "You have me. I'll always be nice," she promised, putting her hand over his protectively. "Did you know it's scientifically proven that good friends make life less stressful?" She asked, trying to distract him.

Augustus shrugged. "I don't need them, but they will be our classmates for the next six years." He said timidly, a little surprised by Addison's reaction. But he nodded when she said he had her, and that she was nice. "I know that." He said softly. "You have always been nice." He shook his head at her statement. "I did not know that, but it makes sense... I have never had a friend before Hogwarts." He said honestly. "I do enjoy having you as my friend."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back