Pay Attention, Will You?

Rosalind Cross

OOC First Name
Ebony
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
Rosalind walked through the corridor, not really having a destination in mind. She just planned to go wherever her legs felt like taking her. She strolled through the corridor with nothing in her hands but air. Her mind wandered as it usually did. She though about the future, the past, even the present. She usually spent her spare time outside, though, she didn't know her way around the castle very well so she decided she should learn now. The corridor wasn't very interesting though except for the talking portraits she passed. She stopped to talk to a few of them, others she passed with just a polite hello. So engrossed in her meaningless thoughts, she hadn't noticed someone coming from the opposite way until she bumped into someone. "Damn," she muttered before looking up. "Sorry."

Fayt was annoyed. not just that, he was extremely bored too. Even though it had been days already since he had first stepped inside the great halls of Hogwarts, he still wasn't used to it all. Added to that, since they had attended school, his twin sister was slowly drifting away from him, already learning how to be independent and have friends. Not that he wasn't happy for her, he just felt like he was left alone once again, and he hated that feeling.

Even his common room held no comfort for him, he would just get annoyed by the continued chattering of his mates, thus, there he is, wandering along the first floor corridor of the castle, not really minding what was happening around him. He would occasionally cast a glare at the talking portraits who were continuously trying to catch his attention. One of them actually did, it was a painting of a rather old but grumpy man and he was rather harsh and what else? Very irritating. trying to block his ears from the chatter of the students as well as the portraits, Fayt didn't notice that he was about to bump into someone, well, not until it had happened already. Shaking his head as he glared at some of the paintings that snickered, Fayt looked at the thing that had bumped into him, well, not a thing, it talks after all. "Are you looking at where you are going?" He asked irritatedly, feeling himself acquiring a head ache because of the noise.

Rosalind's temper shortened as it always did. She didn't appreciate the tone he was using with her, even if she had bumped into him. She had said sorry, hadn't she? Yes, of course she had. She wouldn't bump into somebody without apologizing if she knew she was at fault. "Yes, of course I was paying attention," she said sarcastically. "Because that would perfectly explain why I bumped into you."
She was irritated, and she could tell the boy was too. Her hazel eyes were guarded, and her lips were set in an annoyed scowl. He wasn't any less guilty than Rosalind was. If he was paying any more attention than she had, he would have just walked around her and maybe glared at her. He probably would have, too, given how he was acting at the moment. "Seems you weren't paying attention either," she retorted, dropping her sarcasm.

"Sarcasm won't work on me.."Fayt said bluntly, occasionally glaring at the painting plastered on the walls, how he wished that he could cover them with linen cloth and hide them in a closet forever, that way, they couldn't bother him. with an irritated sigh, he took one of the portraits off the wall and faced it backwards, not minding whether a staff would see him. He would return it to its original place anyway, IF it would promise to stay quiet and still. The The grumpy old man in the painting's protest was muffled by the wall that it was currently facing. With a triumphant grin, he turned his attention back to the THING, or the GIRL that he had bumped into.

He was a bit amused by that expression on the girl's face, nevertheless, that didn't lessen his annoyance. "How can I pay any attention when these things.." He said gesturing towards the other subjects of the paintings that are currently moving to the painting nearest to the one that was facing the wall, they seemed to be worried about the old man. "Keep on bothering me.." He finished with a sigh, turning his back to the girl as he picked the portrait up and placed it on the wall once again, this time, more with more care that what he did before. He was just annoyed by the constant pleading of the other portraits that he needed to return it quickly back there. "Do you have anything more to say to me? " He then inquired as he cast a glace at the girl, waiting impatiently if she would have to say something.

"Work on you? Do you think my goal is to irritate you?" Rosalind asked. This guy was obviously full of it. If he thought she ran around trying to annoy people, he was wrong. In fact, she was never rude to somebody unless they were rude to her first. Then, Rosalind wouldn't hold back. She watched him walk over to the portrait and putting it back backwards, which irritated her further.
"Ignore them," she said simply. Rosalind was being hypocritical though, since she too was irritated easily. That didn't matter to her, though. The portraits never bothered her, so she just thought it was his fault. She was about to turn the portraits back herself, but he gave in to the protesting old man and did it himself. "No. But I do suggest being a tad nicer to them. That might help a bit, you know."

Fayt decided to brush off the girl's question, smirking at her because of it. "Did i say that? People just irritate me without meaning to do so..so, it's not like it would be such a goal.." Fayt said, yawning. That was true though, he was very much quick to irritation, especially if things didn't go the way he plan it. His patience is only long enough for his twin, not for the others.

Fayt frowned at the girl's suggestion, wondering how she could even say such a thing, how could he be nice to those annoying portraits if he can't even be nice to living persons. "Nicer you say? Never mind, I'll just settle with ignoring them.." He said , turning his attention to the girl, trying to decipher whether she still needed to say something to him.

"You're contradicting yourself," she pointed out. "Being so quick to irritation isn't good for a person's well-being, you know." It seemed his patience was nonexistent. Sure, she got annoyed easily too, but not as easily as this boy. She didn't act like she was bored all the time, either.
Rosalind watch him frown at her suggestion. She returned the frown when he said he'd rather ignore them than be nice, but it was better than being rude and disrespectful. Then, she realized, during the whole conversation she hadn't bothered to learn his name. "What's your name, anyway?" She asked.

"And I don't really care about that..." Fayt said with a smirk, sure, he does know that being easily irritated is a bad habit to have, but what can he do? He's just like that. Anything that goes against his way easily annoys him, but there were just a few which will surely bring him to be really angered. It was really hard to please him as well, only his twin could do that at the moment.

Fayt raised an eyebrow as the girl asked for his name, this was really unexpected. "Tell me your name first..." He said with a smirk, he won't tell the girl his name if she won't tell him hers, it's not like they are on good terms anyway for them to start a conversation and be casual by being in name-basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back