OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 17 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Arianna Nightray was glad that she was well on top of things. It had only been recently that she had gotten a pretty good scolding from her cousin, Liam, about her many duties inside the school. Well, she pretty much understood his concerns though, considering that she did have a sickly nature and frail health to the point that she wasn't really allowed to go to wizarding school until she was sixteen, though that took some dangerous persuasion. And yet here she was, a member of the Quidditch team, president of a club and also a prefect. She considered this year of hers to be a success, though she knew all too well that she needed to rest more and eat more just to make sure that her body would hold out. Besides, she was determined to prove that Rumor Has It magazine that it was wrong about her. She does not get cancer or any kind of deadly illnesses just from being poked. That was way too much of an exaggeration. She only gets sick when she's fatigued after all, and if she pushes herself to the limit, then it'll probably a recipe for a long stay in the hospital wing which she wasn't all too willing to do.

Tonight, she was once again going on a patrol with her fellow seventh year and prefect, Heath James. She really didn't know much about him considering that she had only been in the school for one year and this was her second and added to that was she wasn't really very friendly and touchy-touchy considering that she had to keep her connection to the Nightrays a secret, but aside from that, she wanted to make friends. And now that practically almost the whole school knew about her Pureblood status and apparently about that fake engagement to her cousin, she was able to talk to people better. Though this guy in particular, she didn't know how to get to talk. He had always been pretty silent and slightly intimidating, which is probably because of his height that is way above hers since she was only five feet and four inches. She waited for days though that he would talk to her, and right now, she was utterly tired of the silence between them. They were going to be patrolling together for the whole school year and she was going to die from this silence if not one between them spoke. If she had to keep this conversation going alone, then so be it but she was not going to stand the silence anymore whilst they walked the third floor together. And so, she turned her head to her companion and began to speak. "Hey Heath. Why don't you ever talk? You should really talk more, you know that? You're in Hufflepuff right? Tell me more about your house. I know a few people there," she said giddily, hoping and really wishing that he would utter something. Anything! Just to keep the silence away.

Heath James had not had much to say after his kiss with Ai. If he did say something, it would be nothing nice. The prefect was angry. He was stupid for ever letting Ai go, and he wished he never had. Now, someone else was going to come along and sweep her off her feet just like he had. Jealousy had overtaken his heart. He wouldn't let it seep out through his lips. Heath refused to let his jealousy show. Other than the prefect meeting, nothing interesting had happened to the boy man. He had to keep reminding himself that he was of age according to the wizarding world. He was attempting to see himself in a new light. It was difficult. He did not want to be on his own just yet. He did not feel the need to be independent, unlike most of his peers.

Heath had not been paying attention to the girl next to him. Actually, he did not even know her name anymore. He had forgotten it after the drama at the prefect meeting. She was not anyone important to him, so he could care less about her. He preferred to stay in his head. No one talked back to him in his head. He did not have to think of replies to spoken words in his head. It was just him, and that was how he liked it. Heath spotted a younger year in the halls. It was past curfew. I'll pretend I didn't see you. Get to your house, now." he told the kid sternly. He was being nice. He did not even know if the student was in Hufflepuff, otherwise, he would have taken points. He still had yet to use that glorious power of his.

Arianna was not like her brother or some of her cousins who preferred silence. In fact, she was one to appreciate conversations and the like instead of the ever floating peace lingering in the air. Not that she actually believed in peace, she actually thinks it was non-existent after all. Well, unless a person was dead then maybe that could be considered peace. But the lasting silence between her and the Hufflepuff boy was nowhere near peaceful. In fact the silence was too loud that it kept ringing in her ears. Seriously, she would have thought Heath had gone mute were in not for the fact that he had scolded a younger student and practically growled at the poor one to scram back to his house. Couldn't he have said it a little nicer? Obviously not. And then it seemed as if he was dead set on ignoring her too. Now, that isn't very nice. Shouldn't he at the very least acknowledge her presence? Well, if he wasn't gonna talk then she will.

Deciding that Heath wasn't going to answer her question, Ria continued to speak. "I think Hufflepuff is a great house to be in. You don't need to be somebody or to prove yourself on why you're there. Though don't get me wrong, I love being in Gryffindor," she said as she thought more on what else she could say about the house and then two people popped into her mind. She really didn't know that many people, though there were two that she knew that were from the house and maybe Heath knew about them. She just couldn't pass up the chance. "I only know two people in Hufflepuff. I have a cousin there. His name's Alexander and he's really, really quiet. I would have thought he would be placed in Ravenclaw and I was surprised he ended up there. He doesn't know about me though so don't tell him that you know me 'kay?" she said with a small chuckle and still seeing no reaction in Heath, she continued to speak. Maybe he would know the second person? It's hard not to know her after all. "I'm guessing you don't know my cousin. Well, how about the Head Girl? I'm positive you know her! You've been in the same house and year for ages!" she said with a giddy smile as she continued to talk while facing front and a slight skip in her strides. "I wonder what happened though. Ai used to be all happy and smiles when I met her last year during the first semester. Now, she's just blank all the time, it's getting weird," Arianna said with a slight shrug as she fell silent for the moment as she thought about the Head Girl that she considered a friend.

Heath just wanted the girl to be quiet. She just would not shut up! Heath did not want to talk. He wanted to get this patrol over with so that he could go to sleep. Arianna was lucky she was in Gryffindor. If she had been in Hufflepuff, she would have already lost a bunch of points. However, Hufflepuff was in the lead, and he wanted to see how long this would last to be honest. Hufflepuff had been on the bottom for the longest time. There must have been something about the incoming first years that had tipped the scale. There was always a class that changed the status of all the house. First it was Gryffindor, and then it was Slytherin. Was it his house's turn how? He did not want it to be a one year thing. He wanted it to last enough so that everyone could see that Hufflepuff was not weak. They were the strongest of them all because of how oppressed and belittled they'd been all these years.

Heath let the girl ramble on. He was not listening. She caught his attention when she mentioned Ai. He sighed. He did not want to think about the girl. It made his heart ache, and he became depressed. Heath did not want her to bring him down, and he did not want to bring Ai down either. "Ai can take care of herself." he responded quietly. She always made it through. However, she always had something going on in her life. He thought that it was because he her pathetic brother. Conan was a bad luck charm that did not know when to back down. He did not want to think about Ai's twin either.

Arianna just wanted Heath to talk with hr. She really could not stand this silence that would always overtake them whenever she would stop talking. If the Hufflepuff thought that it was pleasant it was certainly not so for the Gryffindor. After all, it seemed to ring in her ears and she did not quite like the feeling of awkwardness that would come over them. They would be together for a year for Merlin's sake! It was not a one-time thing that they would be together for a patrol, so he may as well suck it up and attempt to accept her talkativeness, or at the very least try to answer back. To respond to her so that they could get a conversation going. Who knows? He might enjoy talking to her after all if only he would get his energy and saliva going to talk to her right?

And so she continued to ramble on and was quite surprised when Heath actually spoke to her. He spoke! It was like a big achievement! It seemed as if a talk on Ai interested him a bit to the point that he could actually answer. And he knew Ai! How great was that?! "How are you so sure? I mean, if she had been strong in front of you, doesn't it mean that she can be weak behind you're back?" the Gryffindor asked quietly and curiously. It was true wasn't it? She was the opposite after all. Seemingly weak in front of others, but stronger than others when they refuse to look. And also, she knew that herself just how strong Ai can be. After all, Jeremiah liked her, so it must have been one of the reasons right? But, she couldn't help but think of stuff. Especially those concerning her friends. "Also, if she'd been hurt a lot of times already and she's like that, I think it's not so good. A girl can only take so much. Five? Eight? Ten? She has a limit," Arianna muttered and while she didn't want to sound pessimistic, she knew what she was saying. More than she would care to actually admit. After all, this was a side she rarely showed to anyone. "She can't go on forever with enduring things, you know?" she said as she clasped her hands behind her and her eyes trained for those who were not supposed to be out.

Heath wanted Arianna to be quiet. He wanted to abandon this patrol altogether. This girl was annoying. He knew he shouldn't have opened his mouth. Now, she was stuck on talking about Ai. He did not want to talk about his ex-girlfriend. He did not want to talk at all. He just wanted silence. He had things that he needed to figure out, important things. Arianna kept talking. Heath simply sighed and picked up his pace. Ugh. He hoped that not all Gryffindors were like the girl he was with now. He was only used to being around Hufflepuff. It was because he spent a majority of his time in his house. Maybe she should be so weak. Heath did not regret thinking that Ai was weak. The girl let things get to her too quickly. She was an easy target. He felt that she had not changed at all through her years here. "Is there a way that you can just be quiet. You are so irritating. Stop running your mouth." he muttered rudely. He had grown quickly to hate Arianna's voice.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry about how late this is and how bad it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back