Passers By

Aeryn Lucas

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Aeryn Lucas was a woman of many talents. However if anything in her life had taught her how bad she was at hunting down and collecting rare potions ingredients. It was this. She had managed to track a couple of rare berries to Obsidian Harbour, but it seemed that she had little to no luck either finding them, or even knowing for sure they would be in this area. She obviously had extremely bad luck with all of this because try as she might, she never seemed to be able to do this right. Shaking her head at her extremely hard done luck, which was definitely a major eye-opener for the former daddy's girl, Aeryn continued to look around for anything she might be able to identify as the extremely well hidden rare berries. It was driving her absolutely bonkers that she couldn't find what she needed. Still, she was going to try as hard as she could. She refused to leave here without something to show for it. That would be ridiculous. Normally she didn't have any problems with finding ingredients because the majority of her potions were simple and easy to craft for someone of her skills, but there was the rare occasion, like now, when she was get a request for a very rarely used potion. So rare in fact that she'd only ever heard it mentioned in her potions book. Something handed down through her family. As it turned out the potion needed approval, but once she got that through, she'd been able to start, only later discovering that it didn't take normal ingredients, which she supposed she should have expected in the first place. Her last hunting trip had nearly ended in her being exploded by a couple of dealers, but she'd got out of there alive. Thankfully. It was just unfortunate that Defence Against the Dark Arts had not really been her strong suit in school. She was really quite good at Charms though.

Several minutes later, Aeryn spotted what she thought were the berries she needed high up in a tree. Now normally, she would have simply charmed them down or something of the like, but she didn't want to risk losing any of them, or perhaps running the risk of the spell deteriorating them in any way. As it could and had happened to her before. Some potions ingredients were notoriously hard to compete with and lacked certain natural protections against magic. She had no idea how long it was going to take her to find another bunch of them, so these were it. In a tree or not, she simply had to have them, however now as she looked around, she had to wonder how she was going to get up there. Biting her lip, Aeryn stared up into the tree for a moment before placing her hands on either side and attempting to drag herself up the side of the trunk. Only a few inches up, Aeryn lost her grip and fell on her backside. So that obviously wasn't going to work. She sighed and stood up again, rubbing the leaves and grass off of her clothes as she stared up into the tree again. The nearest viable branch was only inches out of her reach. Perhaps if she could secure herself a boost of some kind, she'd be able to get up there. Her new goal in mind, Aeryn looked around for the closest male that looked like they'd be able to lift her safely. Spotting one, she ran up to him and smiled. "Hi, yeah, um... this is gonna sound real weird, but bare with me for a sec." Her welsh accent was dulled by now, from her years of living away, but it was still apparent. "My name's Aeryn, right and i need you to boost me into that tree." She was attempting to be a concise as was possible during the circumstances.

Sorry, this is a little rusty. I've not rped her in a very long time.

Demyx was coming closer and closer to the conclusion that his social life, as well as his social graces, was dead. After years of field work, travel and being married to the job, Dem had lost the spark that he once had. He struggled to hold a conversation, and he noticed more and more that his humorous and witty nature had been replaced by that of a grump. When he took a second to think about the list of friends he had left, he often found himself regretting the decision to do so. All this and more led the Auror to wondering around Obsidian Harbour, and evidentially, the quiet street he now found himself to be in. It was a rare occasion for him to be wondering around for leisure, as he spent majority of his time at home or at the bottom of a bottle in a bar. His existence, whilst on leave from the Auror's due to a shoulder injury he received whilst trying to take down a Scitorari, was bleak and more often then not, boring. Demyx was more then glad for the time off, as he had had very little in the past ten years, but he wished deep inside of himself that he had not spent so much time working, and had spent more time trying to retain his friendships. All this and more trouble the man deeply as he paced at a relaxed walk, coffee in hand, down the street.

The weather was nice today, sunny but still with a low temperature, which allowed Demyx to wear his coat and sunglasses. As he rounded the bend, he found his mind wondering off in thought again. Before long, his thought was suddenly interrupted by a voice that pulled him from his mindless walk. Turning to look at the women standing in front of him, Demyx smiled awkwardly as he drew his attention to her, and then frowned to himself. "You need me to what?" he asked curiously, the smile spreading across his face as he admired the woman. It had been quite some time since Demyx had conversed with a woman, and especially not one who looked as attractive as the one in front of him. He realised that his mouth was hanging open slightly, his face wearing a stupid grin. He tried to recompose himself, mentally kicking himself for being such an idiot. 'Aeryn', he thought to himself as she told him her name. "I'm, uh, i'm Demyx." he said to her, still frowning slightly. "Why do you need a boost into a tree?" he asked her curiously. She looked a little old to be climbing trees.

Aeryn tugged on her jacket, though whether it was out of self consciousness or lack of anything better to do with her hands she wasn't sure. She had known, walking up to this random guy, that she was going to sound rather like a loon. She didn't mean too, of course she didn't but she did sound like one. Shaking her head and smiled slightly. The man she had picked to hoist her into the tree was good looking. Great, now that was all she was going to be thinking about this entire time. Aeryn bit her lip. She needed him to boost her into the tree to get those berries... that was a valid reason right? She wasn't just kidding herself to make herself feel better? She actually did need him to help her. She wasn't very tall, standing at just about 5'4 and so she couldn't get her legs to where they would need to be and she wasn't exactly the most bendy person around. Hopefully she would be able to make enough sense that he would understand what she needed and hopefully, help her. She smiled slightly when she realised he had been checking her out and rolled her shoulders a little. Some small flirting never hurt anyone.

"Yeah, I know its sounds crazy... Demyx, but its honestly not that weird once I explain why!" At least she certainly hoped not. She started gesturing to herself. "You see, I'm a potioneer. I make a bunch of them as a job and sell them to local apothecaries and things. However recently I was contracted to make a very old and rare potion that i'd never heard of before then. It has most of the ingredients but I just need a couple of extremely rare berries that just happen to be in that tree." She pointed to the tree behind her. "Normally I would just use magic, but I don't want to risk something going wrong or anything and I don't even know what contact with magic could do to them." She admitted, looking over her shoulder up at the berries. "I'm too short to reach the branches by myself even by jumping. But, you are quite tall, I thought maybe you could give me leg up and I could reach them?" A strange request to ask of a stranger, true, but she really needed those berries. It was rather an important client and she didn't want to ruin her reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back