Park

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Immy walked through Obsidian harbour. She was carrying her new, British Short hair Kitten in her arms as she walked. Immy was worried that if she let the cat walk on its own, she might lose it so until she reached a park or open space Immy would walk with the cat in her arms. The cat didn't have a name yet and Immy hadn't thought of any that she thought suited the cat. Immy spotted a small play park at the end of the street. It was pretty empty and Immy was happy to walk in. She went to the middle of the park and sat the cat down. It ran playfully round the park before returning to Immy and affectionately rubbed up against Immy. Immy sat down on the ground and let the cat be a little kitten. Young and lively.

Alexia was walking through Obsidian harbour completly in a world of her own her feet in auto-mode, she'd been to this park so much recently that she didnt even have to think about the route she had to take, which gave her mind time to roam of its own accord, not always a good thing when youv'e got a mind like lexi, today she couldn't seem to get her mind off the day her mother had passed away, a tear slipped out one of her eyes, it wasn't so much that she was upset it just seemed to be a reaction these days think of mum and start crying. She wiped her cheek with the sleve of her black jacket determined to be happy again, it's what her mum would have wanted infact she would of demanded it, lexi laughed to her self at the memories that flooded back to her.

She was at the park now, but for the first time in the months that she had been coming here before tea she wasnt alone there was a girl about her own age stood in the park with a young tabby kitten rubbing around her legs, she ran over to the gate smiling, she simply adored all animals.

"hey, what a lovely kitten" she called over the fence before hoping over gracefully, even though she was right next to the gate,

"whats its name?" she asked the girl while moving towards the kitten slowly as to not scare it off and it get lost, that wouldnt be the way to make a friend.

Immy looked up as a girl called over to her. Immy smiled as the girl entered the park. Immy looked back down at the cat. Still nameless. As Immy had been playing with it, she though of a few names but she didn't know which out of the two to pick. Immy looked back at girl now approaching Immy and the cat. Immy gave a small friendly laugh and beckoned the girl over quicker.

"Don't worry about scaring her. She loves people." Immy said. "She doesn't have a name yet. I have two in mind but I can't pick. It's either Serbia or Belarus. I'm siding more towards Belarus. I on the other hand have name." Immy said smiling brightly at the girl, while still keeping an eye on her kitten. "Imogen but most just call me Immy. I presume you have name?"

(( sorry forgot which character i had signed in)

Smiling and taking a rather posh accent Alexia said "I do indeed, and it's rather boring" dropping the accent with a smile she walked a little more towards the girl and cat and decalred happily "I'm Alexia". Now stood next to the girl she looked at the cat and fell instantly in love with it, "awww, so cute" she cooed gleefully she turned her attention back to the girl "you are so lucky to have a pet... im not allowed any" she added a fake pout at the end, it didnt stick for long she was in way too much of a good mood for that, "Belarus sounds cool" she said in agreement with her earlier comment.

Alexia went to stroke the kitten but paused and asked "do you mind?" as she had always been told to, she couldn't for the life of her work out why but she thought it best to be polite.

Immy smiled. She watched the girl move towards her kitten. Immy nodded along. Immy hadn't told her parents she'd bought a pet. She'd sent a letter back home to her sister telling her about her kitten but Immy didn't feel the need to tell her parents, she didn't think they would care. Immy didn't even think she'd be able to take the kitten back home with her. Cat's weren't the best thing to take on planes. Immy nodded as the girl, Alexia asked if she could stroke her cat.

"Go ahead. She's a friendly little kitten." Immy said with a bright cheerful smile at the girl. "I think I will call her Belarus." Immy bent down to the kitten, who seemed to be looking up at the two girls now standing around her. "Belarus." Immy said directly to the cat while holding out her hand. The kitten approached slightly then started playfully licking Immy's hand and rubbing up against it, purring softly. Immy looked back up at the girl. "Definitely Belarus. And I haven't exactly told my parent's that I bought a cat. So I don't know if they would like that I have."

(( Thanks, I edited it so it's all coming from alexia, Can't belive i slipped up like that ))

Alexia nodded as the girl, Immy told her that she hadn't told her parents she smiled that sounded so much like something that she would do, apart from she'd get caught, she always did.

She reached out her hand and scratched the kitten on the head with her fingertip, "I think she likes her new name" alexia smiled, "Is she alot of work to take care of, she looks like she might be one to get herself into mischief", Alexia rembered the family next door used to have cats and when they had a litter the adorable furballs were everywhere and into everything they could, her dad went mad when some how they managed to get out and over a six foot fence and into his greenhouse, the mess in there afterwards! Alexia thought to herself.

Immy gave a small laugh. Belarus did look like the type of cat to get into a lot of mischief but so far, Belarus had been a well behaved cat with lots of happiness and energy. Immy knew that some people in the common room might not like the fact a cat was there or a little kitten which was more energetic than a cat.

"No, she's not. A cat's not really that hard to look after. You just have to make sure you know where it is at all times." Immy said, she was able to do this quite easily as she'd had practice when looking after her sister. Immy could never talk her eyes off her when she was young. "She might be a little as she gets older but nothing I can't handle. You won't be too much bother will you Belarus. Do you like animals?"

Alexia nodded keenly keeping all the information for when she finally got a pet, she'd decided in the minutes that she had been in the presence of the cat, she wanted one, and in the end she will get one. "yes I love all animals, apart from big spiders although I just don't like those on me, my brothers the same." she shuddered at the thought of a huge hairy spider crawling across her.

"what about you is it just cats you like?" she asked sweeping her long red hair behind one of her ears revealing one upper and lower piercing. Alexia looked down and realised her shoe was undone more so than usuall, she bent over to do it up and realised that her legs were killing, she had been doing alot of shopping in the past days something that she neither liked or was much good at she could never find what she needed so ended up trailing around for hours just to find what she was looking for was in the first shop all along. Alexia decided she'd had enough standing and as un-gracefully as possible sat with her legs crossed on the grassy ground, she gestured for Immy to do the same.

Immy gladly sat down beside Alexia. She was tired and it would mean that it would be easier to play and stroke Belarus. Immy smiled at Alexia. Immy hated spiders. She hated everything about them, the 8 legs, the hairs, the fangs. Everything about spiders screamed for Immy to not go near them. She tried to get over her fear of them but found it almost impossible. Immy noticed the girl's pierced ear, Immy didn't have her ear's pierced for many reasons. One was that she didn't want to bog herself down in the morning by doing it and also because she'd always told Pixie, her sister that she wouldn't get them done till she was a lot older, older than what age Immy was.

"I hate spiders too. Just spiders. Not matter what size. Argh" Immy made a small noise of distaste at the thought of spiders. "I like most animals though. I actually planned to get an owl but when I saw little Belarus here, I couldn't resist it. She's the cutest animal I've ever seen." Immy said looking down at Belarus and stroking her lightly. As Immy's legs were crossed, little Belarus rubbed up against Immy's legs, curled into a small ball and went to sleep. Belarus was tired from all the running around that she'd done. Immy smiled at Alexia "Is your brother at the School?" Immy asked curiously, while lightly stroking Belarus as she slept.

Alexia gave a small giggle as Immy was describing her mutual distaste for spiders. She smiled down at the kitten when she went to sleep, aimlessly she started fiddling with the daisies making them into a bracelet, she did this again twice more but left them on the ground for the moment, when Immy asked about her brother it brought an even wider smile to her face if that was even possible, she had been beaming since she had met the pair, "He will be starting next year even though he's almost five now, he had to have a year out, we both did" she said in a happy tone but with an audible drop at the end, knowing Immy would probably pick up on this she got ready to explain.

Immy looked curious at Alexia. She'd had a year out. Immy wondered if something had happened to Alexia and her brother which meant they took a year out. Immy's sister was a little older than Alexia's brother at 6 but Immy still felt like Pixie was only 3. She still looked around that age to Immy. She stroked Belarus sub consciously while still looking at Alexia. She noticed her making a few daisy chains and thought about how she was a "daisy princess" though the drop in Alexia's tone told Immy to maybe not.

"I have a sister, she's just turned 6. She's at a muggle school back home, I never went to school until now." Immy said with a friendly smile. She took a small breath before continuing. "Why did you take a year out?" Immy stopped, she thought it was a little impolite of her to ask. "Look you don't have to answer, we've just met and while I like you and I think you're a great person and a good friend, you don't have to tell me anything."

(( Sorry it took so long ))

Alexia lined the daisy chains up, and looked up as Immy started to ramble about her not having to answer her question, she smiled, it wasn't so much that she didn't like talking about it because it upset her, she didn't like to talk about it because it usually upset the people that she was with.

As Immy said about them being good friends she took the opportunity to pick up one of the chains "I honestly don't mind talking to you, I think that your a great mate" she smiled and placed one bracelet around her own wrist and then held one of the others for Immys wrist, "see we're flower buddys now so, looks like im going to have to tell you by law of the flower" she said with a playfull grin all her past hurt behind her, she felt ready to talk about anything.

Her smile faded slightly as she started to speak but not completely "My brother took a full year out, I could only take like a few months" she took a breath "... we took the time out after my mum died, my dad felt that it was innapropriate to be in school at that time 'cuz it wouldn't let us deal with everything we needed to, I wanted to take some more time to help my dad and brother more but I had exams that I had to do"

Alexias smile grew "Hey, I still have one daisy chain left... Should we give it to Belarus, that way we can all be flower buddy" She giggled and fastened her own bracelet a little better.

Immy smiled at the girl. She didn't know Immy was an daisy princess and daisies were massively important. Immy smiled brightly. Flower buddies. Felt good. She looked at the bracelet and smiled.

"Flower buddies and by the power that I have, being my flower buddy, in my eyes makes you a daisy princess." Immy said with a smile. Knowing that Alexia might not understand but that didn't matter. Immy would explain later. She noticed that Alexia's smile fade slightly. Immy watched her new friend carefully, listening. Once Alexia was finished Immy felt she knew what it was like to lose people. Immy nodded and took the last daisy chain and placing it round Belarus's neck, like an extended collar.

"I think we are more a like than you think. I never went to muggle school, because my brother's died and I had to take care of my sister. I don't regert that but I kinda understand what you went through." Immy said, with a small smile.

Alexia gave a confused grin when Immy declared her a daisy princess, although she didn't have a clue what it was she liked the sound of it very much, noticing her new flower buddies smile was smaller than it was earlier she began to think of something they could talk about.

"Sorry to hear about your brother" she gave a smile looking down at the kitten with it's new daisy collar.

Alexia fidgeted still thinking of something to talk about she gave up quickly and allowed her self to fall backwards, the warm rays of the sun crawled across her skin, she smiled and thought of the time when both her and her mother spent so much time in the sun they got so burned that they could hardly move for a week and her dad waited on them bringing them drinks and whatever they needed.

"Are you looking forward to going to school for the first time?" she asked remembering Immy saying something about this earlier, not bothering to look at Immy the sun was just too nice, she hoped that it wouldn't come across as rude, just to make sure she opened her eyes a little and moved her head so she could see Immy better.

Immy smiled, it was more than brother. Two but Immy didn't want to correct her. It wasn't necessary. Immy nodded. She was very excited about going to school for the first time. She'd seen it on tv loads of times. Of course it wasn't a school with magic but still it was interesting. Immy continued to stroke Belarus.

"I'm looking forward to it so much. I'm so excited. It's going to be amazing."Immy said smiling at the cat. "What are subject are you looking forward to most?"

Alexia noticed there was something behind the smile but she didn't want to bring it up.

"I'm not to sure about what school is going to be like, too many rules for my liking. But I think i might like charms or something like that, how about you?"

She reached out and scratched the kitten once more, in that moment she made up her mind when she leaves for school she will be taking a cat with her.

Immy knew exactly what she was going to like. It didn't matter how boring some found it. History of Magic was exactly what Immy liked and was looking to it more than any other subject. Immy knew for a fact she'd be good at it. History was one of Immy's strong point. Immy smiled at Alexia.

"I think I'm going to like History of Magic. History rocks my unsinkable boat." Immy said with a bright smile. "As for rules, who says you have to stick to them, as long as you don't get caught breaking them what does it matter if you stick to them or not."

Alexia giggled "History can be interesting but im no good at remembering things like dates and names, so maybe you could help me with that, but as for getting caught when I break the rules..... Thats something I ALWAYS manage to do" she smiled at Immy and closed her eyes once more, being around Immy seemed so easy, if only everyone she met would be as nice.

The grass was irritating the back of her neck so she rolled over onto her side, she was about level with the kittens head when she lent on her elbow. Alexia gave up on sun bathing and took to having a staring competition with Belarus.

Immy smiled and nodded. There was a lot to learn in history and a lot to remember. Immy wasn't too fussed about the learning of dates. She had quite a good memory and so didn't find it that hard to remember dates and names. Immy smiled as Alexia, had a staring contest with Belarus. Immy was certain her little kitten would be able to win.

"I guess myself and Belarus will have to teach you to not get caught. How hard can it be?" Immy said with a smile.

Belarus beat alexia hands or paws down as it may be, "I swear that thing doesn't need to blink" she joked, Immy said about teaching her how not to get caught when breaking the rules, she just laughed "good luck" she really did have awful timing with things like that.

"Do you have any older siblings already at Hogwarts?" she said wondering if she had any more idea what things were going to be like then she did, being the first magical member of her family she was going into this blind.

Immy shook her head. She was the first in her family to go to Hogwarts New Zealand. Not the first in her family to go to a wizarding school. Immy's mother was a witch and had gone to hogwarts. It was sometimes a little strange for Immy to think about her mother not only young but happy. Immy smiled to Alexia.

"I'm the first. I've only got a little sister." Immy said with a smile. "Do you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back