Panic in the dungeons

Lynette Ferguson

OOC First Name
Claireyz
Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
Lynette could honestly say she had absolutely no idea why she'd ended up in the dungeons. That morning had felt like a bit of a blur, and she'd taken an afternoon walk which was bound to end badly. Especially when she ended up here. It was far too dark to see much, and the further she walked, the closer together the walls seemed to become. Breathe... She told herself as she straightened up. Coming to her senses, Lynette spun on her heels to head out of this place, which was giving her chills down her spine. But as she did so, it was almost pitch black. Waving a hand in front of herself to make sure she hadn't gone blind, she suddenly realized that this wasn't the only problem. If she couldn't see, she couldn't find her way out. A quiet whimper escaped her clenched throat as she turned in an entire circle. Nothing. Nothing but the eerie sound of her own breath, and the sound of dripping water.
Breaking into a sprint, she headed back the way she'd come. It was the most logical solution, or so she thought. Before long, her head was spinning with fright. Heart banging in her chest, she ran a sweaty palm through her hair. Not now, Lynette whined inwardly and leant against the sticky dungeon wall. It didn't even bother her at that moment. Breathing rapidly, she closed her eyes and put a hand to her chest comfortingly. But even with her eyes shut, the dungeon walls seemed to be closing, engulfing her and sufforcating her. She couldn't breathe, think or see straight.
Footsteps interrupted her train of thought. She opened her eyes at once, though they were red with tears and she couldn't stop her rapid breathing. Her voice broke as she yelled into the darkness. "Help!" For a moment, nothing but her echo replied. She waited, pale and dizzy. Feeling as though she was about to collapse, she once again shut her eyes.

Professor James Lock made his way through the Dungeons having just seen Daisie back-off to her classroom safely. No-One could be trusted these-days. Not in the Wizarding-World anyway. James trotted-down the steps quite-happily as he though about how in love with Daisie he was. Yeah, he would have a bit of fun with Eden every-now and again, but it was Daisie whom he loved so much, that he wanted to be with forever. Yeah, that was right, Daisie.....not Eden. Correct?

As James reached the dark-end of the Dungeons, he heard a young-sounding voice yell the word 'help.' James quickened his pace down the long-stair-case upon hearing the scream. "Lumos." He whispered, lighting a torch at the end of his wand as he drew-it from deep-within.....inside his pocket. "Hello? Who's There?" James Questioned Loudly as he searched for the voice, it was then that James heard the rapid-breathing, which was just-right next-to-him.

James turned to find a small-girl, James thought that she was a First-Year, leant-again the Freezing-Cold Dungeon-Walls. James crouched-down, so that he was now at the frightened-girl's level, then gently rested his hand onto the small-first-years shoulder. "Heya Sweetheart." James began softly. "Are you lost?" He Asked as he gently rubbed her shoulder. James hated the thought of such a little-girl being all by herself.....and alone in the dark and dingy Dungeons.

Lynette was relieved to see a light emerging from the end of someone's wand. She was even more relieved to find that on the other end of the wand was a Professor. Immediately she relaxed a little, though she was still rigid with fear. She had no idea what was going on - was it a heart attack? Lynette's eyes were filled with tears as she started to hyperventilate. She resisted grabbing onto the Professor, one she recognized from her lessons in potions. He probably recognized her, too; it wasn't like this hadn't happened before. She took a tiny step away from the wall, but her head started to sway. This time she didn't bother resisting. Holding onto the professors arms for support, her knees felt like they were about to give way. Her heart felt like it was about to jump out of her chest, and her stomach turned over several times. "Please help me," Lynette cried, looking at her feet to hide her tears. "Help," nothing much else could get out of her throat. "I'm scared," her voice almost turned into a whine. She looked a complete and utter state, which was certainly embarassing in front of Professor Lock, who she suddenly realized was her Potions teacher.

James made the tone of his voice remain soft as the girl grabbed tightly onto his arms. She looked terrified, and like she was about to pass-out. This was the last-thing James needed. "Alright. It's Okay." James re-assured her gently as he moved the hand that was on her shoulder, around to her back, as James stood-up then began to lead-her into his Office. "Why don't you come with me ey?" James Suggested. "Just into my Office....." He Paused. "Then when we're there, we can sit-you-down and we can talk for a bit. Until you're okay-again.....Yeah?" James told-her sweetly, with a friendly-smile spread-across his face as he slowly began to walk towards his Office with the unknown-girl. Yeah, he recognized her from Potions. But she was a first-year, and James hadn't learnt all of their names quite-yet.

Lynette thought this was the best idea anyone had had all day, and she nodded, slightly eagerly. Though her legs were still weak, she slowly began to walk with the professor back through the dungeons. She was glad somebody knew where they were going. As she started to recognize where she was, her heart rate slowed a little, and the dizziness subsided. Still shaken from the whole experience, though, she kept quiet as ever and kept walking. She still hated the dungeons - the walls seemed to be closing behind them. It made her hurry a little, but she didn't want to go ahead of the Professor. Keeping calm as another panic arose inside her, she managed to reassure herself that nothing was going to happen, and, as though on que, she slowly began to feel better.

The Young-Professor led the young-girl into his Office, then sat her down on the comfortable-leather-sofa that he had placed in the corner of the room. James sat-himself-down next to her then smiled-sweetly at the Young and Rather Small and Frightened looking Ravenclaw-Student. "So, why were you so upset then? Was it just because you were lost?" James asked softly, almost at the volume as a whisper, but slightly louder than-that. "You can talk to me you know. Anytime. Anywhere." James said sweetly with a small-smile spread-across his face.

When Lynette sat down in Professor Lock's office, she didn't believe she could talk to him. He was just a Professor, not the school's counsellor. But the longer she sat there, the more she realized just how much she'd kept her true feelings in. Looking at her lap and sitting on her hands, Lynette gave a teeny shrug and sighed inaudibly. Why did the Professor have to be so kind? It made her want to blush, which of course was not allowed. "Something," Lynette struggled, as usual, to find the right words. "Is wrong with me," she gestured vaguely to her heart and then held her breath as a useless effort to prevent her from crying. She took a deep breath. "I'm ill, Professor, I'm so scared," Lynette exhaled, but it didn't make her feel any calmer.

"How are you ill?" The Professor immediately questioned as the young-girl revealed to him what was wrong. James didn't quite-know what-else to say as he gently-rubbed the small-girls shoulders. That was all he could-say really. Was her illness serious? Or was it just a First-Year moaning to him about absolutely-nothing. She seemed upset enough to be genuine, and James felt-sorry for the girl as she seemed to be panicking about something or other?

The feeling of the Professor's arms on her shoulders was comforting. She'd never wanted to be open and honest about how she felt before, but she was suddenly realizing that this was the only way for her to get help. Better late than never, she told herself, and took a deep breath. "I get these..." It was difficult for her to phrase this. "These epidoes. My heart races and.. And hurts," just thinking about it was setting it off again, "And then I can't breathe and I feel like I'm not really here." Lynette let the tears softly drip down her cheeks and fall from her chin into her lap. "Please, you can't tell anybody," she said suddenly, eyes wide with fright. If this started travelling round the school... She'd be utterly humiliated. She knew she was a freak, though she didn't say this to the Professor. He'd be able to work out for himself that that was how she felt.

James hated to see this girl so upset, and he hated the fact that he couldn't do much for her, except comfort her and offer her advice. "Well maybe you should go to the Hospital Wing and get them to check-you over? James suggested, but he knew that it was more-difficult for the girl than it sounded. James used the pad of his thumb to wipe-away the first few-tears that were now falling from her eyes, and down across her cheeks. "Heyyy, don't cry, this is confidential. I won't tell anyone. But I will advise that you do." James told-her softly with a sweet-smile as he then gently rubbed the back of her arm.

As the Professor tried to comfort her, she looked down at her feet to hide her subtle blush. Why's he being so nice to me? It wasn't that Lynette didn't like the support, but it was as though he'd known her since she wa born. She still didn't know why she'd started blushing, though. Feeling as though she should be punished for such a silly thing, Lynette felt an ache in her chest every time Professor Lock spoke to her. She composed herself and looked up into the soft, caring eyes of the Professor. Nodding, she fiddled with her cloak nervously. "I will," Lynette's voice broke just coming to the realization that she was going to have to tell somebody. "But promise you'll let me do it. Please."

James smiled weakly, but comfortingly at Lynette as she told-him that she would tell-someone about her problems. He had never known anyone-like-this before. She was practically begging-him not to tell-anyone, but to let-her do it by herself. James didn't like the idea of making a promise to the young-student, because as a Professor he had to break-promises sometimes. "I Promise." He said reluctantly. "Ah what're we gonna do with you ey?" James joked with Lynette, with a small-laugh, escaping from his throat as he comforted the young-girl, by gently rubbing the back of her arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back