Pacifist Blues

Drew Hanson

OOC First Name
Tenilee!
Wand
Kingswood 15 1/2 with Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
The day was hot, very very hot. The sun was bright in the sky and the concrete floor seemed to move as the heat rose from the ground. Brightstone was not very crowded today, most likely because of the heat, it would be quite easy to get sun burnt today. Drew shook his head, he was going to be sun burnt when he returned, that he was sure of. Drew never was good in the heat, because of his fair skin, it was often the target for sun burns and bruises. Drew sighed and wiped his brow, it was definately time for some water, or he was sure to faint from the current circumstances. The fact that the day started out quite chilly annoyed Drew, he had put on jeans and a yellow t-shirt because of the chill, but now it was very hot and he was still stuck in his jeans.

Drew smiled when he got access to a nice glass of super chilled water, he sat down at a table and sighed, happily this time, the table was shaded and a small breeze was starting to build, which made the cranky atmosphere of the street settle down, which made Drew settle down too, he felt serverly uncomfortable when the air around him felt aggitated and angry, since Drew was a strong pacifist, he is repelled from anything that he considers violence, that includes verbal. And he had to admit, at the start of his day he was feeling some pacifist blues, but that was starting to go away now.

Jamie was not a fan of the heat and today was one of the hottest days of the year. He however had stayed inside for the better part of the day as he was nose deep in one of his favorite books at one of his favorite cafes where he met his best friend Sam. He was away doing what he did best and so he was left to fend for himself for the day which was alright for him since sometimes Sam was even too much for him to handle on Jamie's Best day.He had not moved for several hours and decided that he wanted to soak up a little bit of sun unless he wanted to have tan lines when he went back to Beauxbaton. It was not that he had been shirtless in front of anyone but his father and that was only when they both went for a swim from time to time, however if he was ever shirtless in front of someone he wanted to make sure that he left little for anyone to talk about as he was very insecure about his body. So with his book in tow and lemonade in hand he walked out to the small sitting area in hopes of finding a table in the shade to sit unless he wanted to get sunburns which would have him peeling for weeks.

Sadly it seemed that there was only one table in the shade and it was occupied by a rather sweaty but oddly cute young man which meant that he would either have to go back inside or he would have to sit with a complete stranger. Given his odd history with meeting stranger he decided to go with sitting with the stranger which would have Sammy smiling from ear to ear with his random burst of forwardness. Jamie walked over unsure what to say but he could not stand her hovering all day as they guy might find him odd or worst...crazy! Jamie took a deep breath as he cleared his throat to get the guys attention, "Uhmm do you mind me if I join you? I mean you do not have a girlfriend or something? WAIT that came out wrong I mean I am not asking if you are single or anything or even that you are into girls! Uhmm I mean of course your into girls but if you weren't I would not mind or anything ? I am gay but why I am telling you this... okay I am just going to stop talking right now!" Jamie kicked himself mentally for the entire conversation as he was sure that the guy now thought he was out of his mind.

Drew was very happy, he had a nice big glass of cold water, he was in the shade and he was not thinking about the heat, it was perfect, just simply... perfect. But Drew was taken from his happy thoughts when someone cleared their throat and spoke to him, he looked at the guy curiously as he started rambling, but Drew wasn't sure why he was rambling. Why would Drew have a problem with someone sitting with him? Why was this guy so worried? Did Drew give off a mean vibe? Drew hoped he didn't. But he could not help but smile at the guys awkwardness, it was not needed, as Drew was here alone and had no problem with homosexual people, it wasn't his business and he was completely against violence, so he was very happy to allow the guy to sit. "Um..." But Drew wasn't entirely sure what he was going to say to calm the situation, it was obvious the guy was probably embarrassed by his sudden outburst, he seemingly gave Drew his life story in a nutshell. "No... I don't mind you joining me..." He said finally, pushing the chair on the otherside of the table out carefully with his feet, still smiling kindly, hoping a friendly smile will help tame the situation before it got more awkward.

Drew held back a giggle, it would not help in this situation, but it was quite funny. He felt like he knew quite a lot of very personal stuff about this stranger, but he had not heard a name, it was odd. "I'm Drew Handler, nice to meet you." He said, putting down his glass of water and holding out his pale hand. "So what brings you here?" He asked, deciding that it would be better to act as if this stranger had not blurted out private information about himself, just to make him more comfortable.

Jamie blushed slightly as he took the seat offered to him relieved that the guy did not dismiss him completely which would have made the whole situation even more awkward than it already was at the moment. Jamie would have been content to sitting here in silence but it seemed that Drew wanted to have a conversation which was something that sent a pang of dread through his body considering the rather wonderful display of his social skills that was just displayed. Jamie could hear his father in his head and he would slap him if he even thought in the slightest of not talking to the young man so Jamie took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

"Hi my name is James Killian but you can call me Jamie at least that is what all my friends call me, not that I have very many friend! You see when I get nervous I tend to ramble on and on and on and on and on which is off putting to most but it was one of those things that are hard to change. My father Tillian encourages me to be more social since he grew up in a rather social family who emphasis this sort of thing however for me I... am rambling again." Jamie said as he closed his eyes and kicked himself mentally again but this time twice as hard. You are a complete loon no wander that you only have one friend in the entire world. Jamie open his eyes as he avoided eye contact as he debated answering the guys other question which he knew he had to as that is what was required by society. "I am from France." He said trying to say as little as possible as he bit his bottom lip.

Drew felt sorry for the guy he now knew to be, James Killian, or Jamie. It was quite obvious that James did not seem to go out too much, the same could be said for Drew, but he obviously had better social skills, which was odd because Drew thought he had horrible social skills, prehaps it was because he was usually too shy to ramble, unlike Jamie, who seemed so shy that he did ramble. Within the seemingly ten seconds that drew had known Jamie, he had already found out his sexual preference, the fact that he did not have many friends, that he rambles when nervous, his father was named Tillian, whom was quite social and he came from France. It was interesting to say the least, what did Jamie know about Drew? His name. Drew could not help but smile, but he supposed that it was better than laughing his brains out, atleast a smile could be considered nice, while a huge laugh could be considered very cruel, so Drew awoided it at all costs.

Drew nodded at Jamie's rambling politely, just letting him stop in his own time, he didn't want to be rude or anything, when Jamie finally took a breath, Drew spoke, in a calm, kind voice, he was trying his hardest to settle Jamie down, before he felt that he embarrassed himself too much and ran off. "Sometimes nerves do that to people, though mine stop me from talking." He explained, still smiling kindly. "And I think it's pretty cool that you're from France, do you go to Beauxbatons?" He asked, just taking a guess, he was from France, so why would he not go to a french school? Though Drew's little half-sister is from New Zealand and is going to Beauxbatons, but she had always wanted to go there. Besides, Drew had not seen Jamie around Hogwarts, so he thought it was a decent question, one that would hopefully help stop those embarrassing outpours of information. "And I am from New Zealand." He added, deciding to try a joke, all he was doing was trying to calm the situation, for Jamie's sake as much as his own.

Laughter, it was the most simplest act but one that seemed to allow Jamie to relax a little as he sat back and dropped his shoulders slight as he sat back a little in his chair. The guy was far to calm but then again everyone he met seemed to be far more relax and laid back compared to who he acted on first meetings. The combination of the warm smile and soft tone only furthered calm his nerves as the guy remained calm no matter what Jamie threw at him not to mention he was still here which was always a good thing. It was now that Jamie had time to actually look at the man who did not seem much younger than him if not the same ages as Jamie was which was comforting. Drew had beautiful blue eyes which seemed even more more prominent with his pale skin tone and his dark hair which gave him and almost innocent look which Jamie could relate to a little bit. Drew also had an amazing smile that made the sun seem dull in comparison not to mention it was also contagious as Jamie now found himself smiling no matter how nervous he was under the skin.

"Yes I go to Beauxbatons but I spent my first year here In New Zealand as a Gryffindor but do to some complication I was transferred to France. France is not that bad but I miss New Zealand, So since you are from here it means that you also should be going to Hogwarts am I right? " Jamie said as he slipped into normal conversation as if he was a completely different person. He took a sip of his lemonade savoring the tangy kick the drink had to offer as he removed his vest laying on the table. His skin was cover in a light layer of sweat that caused his shirt to stick to his skin however the gentle breeze against his skin caused him to hum in delight. The sun was still hot but as the afternoon marched on the heat of the day would soon give up as day turn night which could mean a brief swim in the harbor nearby ar least for him anyway.

Drew's smile grew bigger, it seemed that his attempts to calm Jamie down worked, he was quite good at calming people, it was a trait that he used often to avoid violent situations, sometimes being a calming force was great, especially for someone the loathed fighting of any sort. It was strange though, Jamie seemed to be a different person now, he seemed cool, calm and collected and was now smiling, and it didn't appear to be smiling from nerves either, which was good, that meant that the conversation would run more smoothly and the only thing Drew had to worry about was himself and his lack of social skills, since he would usually allow someone else to do most of the talking in conversations that he was present in, he wasn't used to speaking that much. But seeing Jamie's display of social skills, Drew decided that it would be best if he tried to match his level of speech, just to avoid more outbursts of nerves. Though Drew wasn't exactly sure why he was so nervous to begin with, he just put it down to the fact that Jamie did not have many friends and did not go out a lot. Drew nodded politely. "You used to go to Hogwarts?" He repeated, sipping his nice cold water. "That's cool, I'm in Hufflepuff." He said, nodding slightly, he had decided that it would be best if he did not ask Jamie about the complication that led him to going to Beauxbatons, that could be a very personal subject and Drew thought it would be better if Jamie told him by himself, without any help from Drew.

Drew wasn't sure why, but whenever he said that he was in Hufflepuff, people would nod in total agreement and would say: 'I should have known.'. In all honesty, it was a little annoying, Drew didn't understand the possible goodness that came out of separating kids before they had the real chance to make friends, even though he had been in Hogwarts for three years now, he still didn't understand the meaning behind separating students in their first year, giving them certain colours and telling them that they are in a certain group of people for their whole school lives, it seemed quite silly to be perfectly honest. It just created tention and rivallry between the houses, it wasn't really nice. "So are you here for a bit of shopping?" He asked. Drew was here because he currently had nothing else to do, and a nice walk in Brightstone was what the doctor ordered, sure he was planning on maybe buying a little something for his siblings, but other than that, this was just a visit for himself, like a little vacation away from school and homework."Or just for the sake of coming?" He added, sipping his water again.

"Hufflepuff is a good house though I must admit I do not know much about it given that the few people I meet from the school and have talked to are Slytherin which was the house I wanted to be in at first. I like the color green and besides that I wanted to be the best duelist in the world which I was told that Slytherin would help me achieve but it seemed as though the hat decided gryffindor was the house for me. Hogwarts was a great place with some pretty nice people it is before I could make any real friends I was shipped off to Beau which is a great school do not get me wrong it is just not the same as Hogwarts. How do you like Hufflepuff? Never would I guess you were in that house but rather I could see you as a Ravenclaw you seem rather smart." Jamie said as he crossed one leg over the other as he took the moment break in the conversation to take another sip. The Jamie siting before Drew was the real James Killian though few got to see it since he had a hard time letting people in close he knew the risk and knew that he was not strong enough if someone who got inside decided to hurt him. Drew was so easy to talk to and Jamie wanted to tell hi everything about himself which was a first but not only that he wanted to know everything about Drew as if he was a new book. He never felt this desire with anyone other than Sammy but then agin when Jamie was with Sammy he had this overwhelming desire to want to please him and make him proud much to the same effect he would want to make an older brother proud.

The stark difference was amazing and new which left him in this odd state of mind as he was now unsure how things turned but hoped they turned out great. "No I do not shop very much unless it is at the local bookstore or art supply depot, today I thought I would relax here at the cage until the sun went down then I like to sneak of an... oh never mind it is silly. What brings you to town? By the looks of your shirt and jeans it was not to soak p the sun." Jamie said as he smiled into his cup, he was not trying to be rude but he had to point out the rather grievous error the guy made in the clothing department as it was not warm weather appropriate. Jamie was a guy and so he could not help but sneak a glance or two at the Drew's body as his clothing left little to the imagination. He was not super muscular but in the same breath he was not a push over with his broad shoulders and slender waste. He was in shape which was a good thing as it was far to easy these days to allow yourself to go to waste and withe growing number of overweight kids on the rise he could not help but pray that people would take better care of their bodies after all they only got one in this lifetime. Jamie was lost in though but a smile crossed over his face as he half listened to Drew while think about other things which was common for him but easily fixed as he tended to come of his dreams rather quickly.

Drew shrugged slightly. Hufflepuff was fine, the people were really nice and friendly, but his best friend was not in Hufflepuff, which made him sad, since Camille knew him, seemingly since birth. They were always talking and Camille was always thinking of someway to drag Drew into a fight for somethings rights, whether it be a muggle rights fight or a magical rights fight, Drew could remember when Camille was researching house elves so she could fight for their rights also. It would take Drew hours to tell her not to do anything thing stupid. It wasn't that he didn't believe in equality and such, but Camille didn't know when to stop. "Hufflepuff is nice, the people are nice and the common room is very... yellow." He said, thinking about the common room, there was so much yellow and so many different shades of yellow, it was simply amazing. "But my best friend isn't in Hufflepuff, so it is a little lonely at times." He explained, with a small nod. "I think it doesn't really matter what house you're in, you know? If it is your destiny to became the best dueller on the planet, I think you could get the skills to be so, anywhere, whether it be in Slytherin or Beauxbatons." He added.

Drew laughed slightly at the thought of him being in another house. He had been called smart before, by an odd boy many years ago, Drew thought the boy odd because he was ten, as was Drew, and they sat on a bench, talking about life and its relation to chess, it was like they were old men. "I'm not a fan of blue, well, when I'm wearing it, the colour itself is okay." He said, nodding slightly. Drew and blue did not seem to mix well, mostly because of his blue eyes, it just seemed like a lot of blue for one person to be wearing. But drew still couldn't believe the change in posture from Jamie, at the start of the conversation, he was so awkward, that Drew couldn't help but smile at him, now? He seemed very comfortable, this rubbed off on drew and naturally made Drew more comfortable, he settled more into his chair and sipped his water more.

Drew tilted his head, like puppy in thought. He did this sub-consciously when curious, and right now he was quite curious, Jamie had started a sentence, but choose not to finish it, Drew couldn't help but want to know. "What do you like to sneak off and do, might I ask?" He asked, smirking slightly from curiousity. Laughing came next, Jamie was correct, Drew was most certainly not here for sun bathing. "No, but in my defence, when I first came it was quite cold and the sun was hidden, but then it just randomly turned into a boiling day and I was already here, so I decided to just soldier through it and get a spot in the shade." He explained, looking at the red and white umbrella happily, he was so lucky to have it here, or he would have been a puddle on the sidewalk. "I'm not really a sun person, I burn too easily and turn into a giant tomato." He added on a more personal note. Drew thought Jamie was an awesome person, he was funny, a little bit awkward, but most importantly Drew say him as a possible good friend.

James listen to Drew as if every word that fell from his mouth were the secrets to life themselves then again Jamie had a knack for loosing himself in whatever he was doing at the time. It was a trait that could be dangerous to those around him especially when he had a wand in his hand as he rarely paid attention to anything beyond his spell book and that included in what direction his wand was pointing. He once accidentally caught a boy who was sitting next to him on fire during charms which was odd considering that they we practicing a watering spell. The boy was fine and his hair had grown back as if nothing happened thanks to the wonderful staff at St. Mungos however Jamie is now required to sit by himself near the Professor for charms as well as Defense Against the Dark Arts. It was a shame since he once aspired to be the greatest wizard of all time, he was not completely awful when it came to magic considering that in transfiguration he was top of his class as well as earning straight Outstanding in both Care of Magical creatures and Herbology. Jamie had a love for plants and animals that rivaled his passion for drawing which he had plans of dabbing a little in both once he graduated as he wanted to work with fantastical creatures and exotic plants all the while maintaining his skills in art.

James had let his mind wander once more but soon snapped out of it when he heard the color Yellow which in his opinion was one of the worst colors in the world. Yellow was one of those flashy colors that when worn in excess made the sad victim look almost unhealthy however if matched properly with a complimenting color and done in moderation it could be almost elegant as well as awe inspiring. Hufflepuff was more of a golden color but he could only imagine the artistic nightmare that haunted their dorms and common room which caused him to shiver slightly as images flashed before his blue eyes. Jamie did not care for the color red either and that as odd considering he was once a famed Gryffindor which was the same house that the Harry potter was sorted into when he attend Hogwarts in Scotland. He also suffered the same issue that his best friend at the time was sorted into a different house and not any house but the rivaled Slytherin house which he had hopes of being a part of when he was sorted. It was a process that he did not care for entirely but one that he did agree with entirely but one that he found to be innovative since you had more in common with your fellow house mates which made making friends a little easier and he should know considering that Beauxbaton did not have houses.
\
“I agree to an extent I mean I am sure if I still aspired to be the world best duelist I could find a way to achieve that goal no matter where I went to school at but there is something about being paired with others like yourself that sometimes brings out the best in some of us and it is those bounds that could make the difference in being the best you can be. As for the world of colors I could spend a lifetime debating which color is better since all of them have shared the spotlight from time to time and as an artist with impeccable taste I might add I think you would look attractive in about any color that is except white.” Jamie smiled as the kid had the look to be a model if he ever gained the confidence to do something as bold and risky as modeling which few people in the world could. He wore a large variety of colors in his personal life and he had to admit that the powder blue of Beau was not a bad choice given his olive complexion. Samuel also looked drooltastic in everything he wore and that included things humans did not normally wear such as togas or loincloths. Jamie laughed inside as he attempted to picture Samuel in a toga on a bed of satin sheets and a bowl of grapes; it was funny because it was not beyond him to do something as odd all the while making it look good.

Jamie was still snickering inside when Drew let curiosity get the best of him as he had picked up on his reluctance to give away his secret pastime. It was not that it was the worst thing on earth to do but rather it was something he had done alone for so long that it was odd letting anyone else know especially a complete stranger who was also younger than him which was criminal as well. Jamie however did not count on the boy wishing in join him for a swim especially alone given the intimate level of such a scandalous act that would leave Jamie’s poor father in utter shame that he would simply lock him up in some tower and never let him out. “I like to go down to the docks and swim after dark it is my way of unwinding after a long day or week. I sometimes draw or lie out beneath the stars and think about life, love, and everything in between. As for the heat of the day, you know that there is this thing called a five day weather forecast that you should possibly look into especially if you are not a fan of the sun.” Jamie said hoping that the comment about the weather would force the conversation away from the swimming bit.

Drew nodded, he agreed with James, sometimes it could be easier to make friends with people that shared your interests, but in drew's case, he was sorted into a house full of hyperactive people, Drew was not a hyperactive boy, he liked sitting quietly and reading a book on anything, he just liked reading. Sure it was nerdy, he didn't care, he wasn't around to try and impress people, he was around to learn magic and live his life happily, maybe mend some bridges with his brother, they did after all dislike each other strongly, in fact, Alex was the only person Drew ever yelled at, he never yelled at anyone, he didn't like yelling because it was against his beliefs, but Alex knew how to push his buttons. Drew shook his head slightly when he realized he was frowning slightly. ''Yeah, but sometimes is it fun to met people who are nothing like you and sometimes you might really connect with someone that is not in your house, hut you would never know because you're in different houses and you get the feeling that you stay amongst your groups. The sorting is like stereotyping, when you think about it." He said, deciding to allow his annoying older brother escape his mind as he returned tto listening to James, who seemed a lot more controlled in his speech.

Drew laughed as the subject tturned tto colours, Drew was not a painter, he had the patience and dedication of one, but he just sucked, plain and simple, but that did not mean he didn't know colours, but drew's favourite colour was quite a simple and even one, rainbow rainbow had a little bit of all colours and since Drew appalled fighting, he used to chose rainbow as his favourite and now it truly was, rainbow was such a happy colour in drew's eyes. "Well... I'm going to be honest with you, I'm no artist, in fact, I suck at painting and my best drawings are stick figures, but I do know my colours, and while we're critiquing shades that suit us best, I think you would look good in a cerulean blue or maybe a few shades lighter.'' He said, smiling slightly, he liked talking to Jamie, sure the start of the conversation could have been so much better, but it was now something they could laugh about, like an inside joke. "And mustard yellow, I don't think that colour suits anyone to be perfectly honest, it's so, solid and yuck." He added. When Drew spoke of mustard yellow, he meant the think, dark mustard yellow that seemed to make everything look horrible.

Drew nodded slowly as Jamie explained his past times, the last one Drew did, mainly he thought about things as well, though admittedly, he did hhis tthinking by the lske at Hogwarts New Zealand, but the first thing Jamie mentioned? Drew had never thought of it, it sounded like something that would be best to do by ones self or by a very close person, but Drew coukdn't help but comment on it. "So let me get this sstraight," he said, fixing his posture when he realized that he was starting to slouch. ''You just swim at night at the docks? Isn't that a little bit reckless? Or is that the whole point?" Drew couldn't help but see the dangers in Jamie's first past time, what if he was attacked or something and drowned? No one would ever know where he was and Drew was sure that his father would bbe worried, since by sounds he sounded like someone that liked to see his son, Jamie, come out of his shell, not drown.

Drew couldn't help but laugh, sure, there was probably a weather forecast that would help him, if he had a television maybe, but Drew was one of those kids tthat did not have a television because he stayed aat school during the holidays, Hogwarts did not hahave televisions and when he was home he didn't watch the television because it would always have kids shows on, since his little sisters loved kids shows and his older brother wwas aa giant baby at heart. "Let's just say I don't make a habit of watching the five day weather forecast, I just look outside, throw on clothes nd hope for the best. But sometimes the universe can be cruel to me and throw a day llike this at me.'' He explained, trying to defend himself, though he was sure Jamie would find some way to tease his dress choice, but he was fine with it, teasing, as long as it was in good
humor, was not against his pacifest beliefs. color]

James smiled when he heard the honest concern in Drew's voice when he told the kid about swimming at night it was something that few people ever thought about including himself. Jamie grew up in a peaceful environment where violence was never an option unless your life was in danger even then it was still frowned upon if you injure or kill someone as all life was valuable. That over time warped Jamie's mind into thinking that the world as a whole was a positive and peaceful place which had not change much since he left the temple so many years ago considering that he did not hear about much crime in his part of the world not only that buy Beauxbaton was a fortress of security meant to protect so why should he ever feel scared? "Swimming at night is not much different then swimming during the day besides if something were to go wrong I always have my wand not to mention My dad knows where I am at and when I am on my way home. He would slap a dragon if he did not know where I was at all times of the day or who I am hanging out with though I had to put my foot down about the people thing since I do not hang out with very many people." Jamie said as he finished off his drink as he stood to stretch a little. Having sat down a on his butt all day he it was nice to get the blood flowing to his lower half not to mention the sun was going down a little bit and so it was a little more cooler then when he first came out but still pretty warm.

"Going back to the whole Hogwarts thing I see where you are coming from it can feel biased and cruel at times, at Beauxbaton we just naturally gravitate towards a cliche so it is better to be thrown into a group since you will end up in one eventually. Besides I was in gryffindor and my best friend was in slytherin but we still got to hang out often enough when we were not in class so I think the whole thing depends on personal opinion. You either hate or love it at the end of the day which does not make a whole lot of difference since it something that I do not see changing in this life time at least." Jamie said with a smile as he simply stood with his hand in his pockets as he enjoyed the new wave of energy he was getting from not only the conversation but also the cooler air. Heat was one of those things that seemed to sap him of all of his energy when it was out in force like today which made for a lazy day for him which was always a bummer considering all the things he was involved with from a day to day basis.

"You want to walk a little? I need to move around after being stuck in a chair all day" ,Jamie asked out of the blue having the sudden urge to move.

Drew laughed at the description of Jamie's father, he seemed like a little bit of a worry-wart. "Your dad sounds funny.'' Drew confessed, sipping his drink, it was nearly empty, but he dididn't mind, it was starting the ccool down and thethe sun wwas hiding behind clouds, which made Drew feel better about wearing jeans on this hot day. ''He sounds like he worries aa lot.'' He explained, just in case Jamie didn't get what he meant. Drew was thirteen, nearly fourteen, and Jamie was obviously older, but Drew's step parents didn't seem to worry about him as much as Jamie's dad, though it could just be different parenting styles, Drew coudln't help but feel that he was missing something in his life that Jamie seemed to possess. He did not look like someone that would attack something without a very good reason, like life being on the line, but it was more then tthat, like he was one with peace or something, something Drew could never achieve with his current ddemons following him around, the guilt he would surely live with forever.

Drew nodded, once again Jamie had a valid point, he seemed to have a lot of valid points. "Once again you're proven right.'' He said, rolling his eyes playfully, when the sun started leaving, Drew became more boustrous and excitable, though not so much so that he would bounce off walls or anything, just enough to look happier by a large margin. "Do you still keep in contact with your friend?" He asked curiously, not because he wanted to barge into Jamie's private life, but to see if he was able to keep in contact with his friend, even though tthey went to ddifferent schools. Drew brother went tobeauxbatons, but they didn't keep in touch at all, sometimes Drew wondered if Alex even realized he existed.

Drew nodded and stretched slightly, he quite liked walking and the sun was not as bright anymore, so it would be great to go for a wwalk with Jamie, he now considered him a friend. "Sure, where were you thinking of going?" He asked, not really sure where he actually wanted to walk to, he just wanted to go for a walk.

"He does worry a lot but it is not necessarily a bad thing after all I have gone so long without a dad that it is nice to have someone who cares about anything I do or say." Jamie said in a moment of openness that he did not offer anyone but his closest friends at least the ones he could trust to not place judgement where it was not wanted. Jamie had grown up with different and more outdated ideals that made him feel older than his sixteen years as it was old men who taught him all about life and the mysteries of the universe. It was an experience that he was unsure that he would change if he had the opportunity because it was something that was so in bedded in him that without it he would be completely different that he was today.

Jamie smiled when the kid pointed out the fact that he had proven a valid point in regards to his comment about Hogwarts which was something that excited him a little bit as it was unexpected. As for his friend it had been now two years that he had gone without hearing from the kid and he wondered how he was doing since back when they first met he was in desperate need of help though he would never admit it. His name was Stefan Archer and he was the only person that Jamie had ever met that was completely color blind , Jamie could not imagine living his life with out the marvelous splashes of color that painted his world. However when he thought about it he would rather be blind to colors than to be blind to everything else or worse handicap in another way such as deaf or unable to taste things like apples or cookies."No I have not heard from my friend in a long time now that you mentioned it maybe I will send him an owl now that I have him on my mind and int my thoughts." Jamie said with a smile as he watched the kid get up from his seat as they prepared to walk but where to was a whole other question. "I dont know exactly do you have any Ideas?" Jamie said as he bit his bottom lip.

Drew nodded, but decided not to comment on the father ssubject. Parents were a slightly touchy subject for him, especially if he needed to go into detail the feelings his held for his real parents. He never knew his mother, while his father was more preoccupied with his older brother and Drew had lost him at such a young age, it was like they were just figment of his imagination, in some ways, his mother was, he had no idea what shshe looked like or what sort of person she was, he just guessed that she had brown hair because he and his brother had brown hair, while his father was blonde, he also liked to think that she was sweet, kind and gentle because that was what he saw a mother figure as, sweet and kind and always happy, sure this was a nnaive outlook into families, but Drew liked to think of his late mother as perfection, like any child would.

Drew nodded once again, it seemed unfortunate that James had lost contact with such a close friend, though losing contact with your brother was not the best thing either, but they were not talking about Drew's mailing habits, they were talking about Jamie's mailing habits and Drew thought that. Sending his old friend an owl would most likely be a please nt surprise to his friend, unexpected letters, as long as they were please nt, were always great. "I think your friend would like that, everyone likes letters, as long as they're not angry howlers." He said on a humorous note.

Drew laughed, it seemed quite appropriate for this situation. jamie had asked him to go for a walk, but he had no ideas, neighter did Drew, he was bad with directions and often got lost in any environment, even Hogwarts New Zealnd was a place he got lost in regularly, while some first years knew their way around already. You didn't realsie how bad you were with directions, until you realize that you are a third year asked a first year where a classroom was, it was pathetic to say tthe least. "Well..." he began, trying to think of some place they could walk to, he turned around and shrugged. "Why don't we go that way, it looks nice." He said, pointing to a random sstreet he had not gone down before, nothing better than the unknown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back