Owl??

Alice Hills

OOC First Name
Kate v.1 [Main]
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Alice walked into the great hall with a smile on her face. Everyone had just arrived back after Christmas and all was going smoothly. She had just received a few letters from her family and friends in England who had received her letters and gifts that she had sent them for Christmas. In return, she had also received some small presents, such as stationary, books, writing sets and a new muggle game. It had been strange waking up on Christmas day without her little sister running in, and throughout the morning a constant lump had been in her throat that she was missing the big family get together. But, her main present from her parents was that in the summer, her whole family were coming over to New Zealand to come and see her and they were taking her on a holiday. This was the best present that she could think of and she was delighted with the surprise that it had been sent with.

So, as she entered the great hall, she couldn't think of anything that could dampen or spoil her happy mood. Sitting down at the Ravenclaw table, she smiled across to her friends on the other side - hoping that they would come over and see her, despite the fact that she was of a different house. The houses should get on she thought, after all, they were all magical students, put into houses because of their characteristics. Even though the houses held different reputations, it shouldn't stop them being friends right? Smiling again at them, she turned back to her table and helped herself to some toast that had just arrived. Spreading it thickly with butter - a habit of hers - she mused as to what the day would bring.

Danielle walked into the great hall. She still had her sleep clothes on, but they were under her hogwarts robe.. She smiled and walked to her hogwarts table. She gave a 6th year Gryffindor boy a soccer ball. He didn't know what soccer was and she planned to teach him later. But first she had some stuff to take care of. She ran to the SLytherin table. Gave some friends some presents. Then she did the same thing with the Hufflepuff table. Her Christmas was fairly well. She got lots of cards and gifts. It was amazing. She then got to the Ravenclaw table. She saw Alice, she had a great gift for her. She ran over to her, and said, "Hey Alice! I have something for you." She handed Alice a jewelery box containing, a Best Friends Necklace. It could be split in two - One friend would wear one side, and the other friend would wear the other side. She hoped Alice would like it. "So Alice, How was your Chirstmas?"

Alice smiled across at her friend as she approached. She hadn't seen Danielle for ages and hadn't had a chance to give her the present she had chosen. Before she could even say hi though, her friend gave her a little jewellery box. Smiling down at it, she held it on her lap and pulled out of her bag, a journal wrapped up in flowery paper. She handed it over to her friend, a large smile playing on her face. "Happy Christmas!" She laughed, turning her attention back to the gift in front of her. Wondering what was inside, she opened it and gasped in delight at the sight that her eyes fell upon. "Oh Danielle! Its lovely!" She said, her face breaking into an even bigger smile. Taking the two parts, she put one on herself and handed the other half to her friend. "I want you to have it." She said, still smiling brightly. "It was lovely. How about yours?" She asked, patting the empty space next to her for her friend to sit at and chat with her.

It was grest to see Alice. She hadn't seen her in so long, and they were such good friends. She smiled down at her present. She loved doodling, so this journal would be great. "Thanks so much Alice! I love it." She said giving her friend a hug. She smiled as Alice opened her gift. "Its no problem..." Danielle smiled. When Alice handed the other half to her Danielle smiled. Danielle had the side that said, "Be Fri For" While Alice had the one that said, "St Ends Ever" "Thats great! Mine was fantastic." Danielle laughed.

Alice was glad that her present had gone down well with her friend and she smiled and hugged the girl back. Looking down at her necklace, Alice stored it inside her Ravenclaw robes and smiled, touching the necklace one more time before drawing her attention back to the conversation. "What did you do?" She asked, realising that the last answer she had given had been closed and hadn't opened up the topic like she had meant to. Smiling still, she took a few bites of her toast and let it sit on her tongue for a few seconds before swallowing it and washing down the mouthful with a sip of pumpkin juice. Life at Hogwarts really was bliss.

Fayt's Christmas had been uneventful, it had gone by just like a normal day for him, except for the fact that there were a number of gifts that had been waiting for him once he had woken up that one morning. Everything had came from his family though, a shirt from his adoptive mother, a book from his father, something that he cannot quite get why it was given to him, and an earphone from his sister, something that he appreciate greatly though he wouldn't be able to use it at school. Making his way to the great hall, Fayt tried to search for his twin, though he had failed in doing so, seeing that she had more friends than he does, she was probably hanging out with them.

Sitting at the Slytherin table, Fayt caught sight of two familiar faces, one of which was his friend, and the other, he wasn't quite sure what. Taking some toast, he just watched them from a far, deeming it unnecessary to actually try and talk to them though he was basically alone at the moment.

Danielle took some toast, and bit off a piece. She took a sip of Butterbeer, and answered Alice's question. "Oh, I stayed to my friend Maia's House. She is very nice. My family sent some gifts too. But something really terrible happened. And well...I'd rather not get into it." Danielle was sad for a bit, thinking aboout hoe her father died, but cheered herself up. "But other than that it was very nice. I had a nice barbecue, it was great." She sipped some butterbeer and continued the conversation. "What did you do? Anything Special?" Danielle asked.

George walked into the Great Hall, thinking about the Christmas Holidays. The only thing that had been bad about them was that he had been away from Alice for two weeks, otherwise it all had gone as it should have. He had traveled back to Bulgaria, overcoming his hate for airplanes, despite the fact that he had told himself never to go on one of those again, though knowing that it was pointless - he would return again to Bulgaria at the end of the year, and there was no other way to get back than by plane.

The Christmas Holidays had been quite amusing for him - he had met some old friends from his school, and has received a lot of presents, some wanted, some less wanted. But overall, he had had a great time. But now he had returned to HNZ, hoping for another semester as eventful as the last one.

As he entered the hall he immediately spotted Alice, sitting on the Ravenclaw table with Danielle, one of her closest friends. He headed towards them, greeting them both.

OOCOut of Character:
Had to start from somewhere. :p

Alice smiled at Danielle as she ate some toast. She was a real friend and Alice was glad to have her as a friend. She made things seem warmer and friendlier - probably the reason why she was in Gryffindor. "I stayed here. My family are coming to visit here in the summer, and i didn't really want to bother them all to come over now, but they are coming later so thats fine. I had fun here anyway." She explained, trying more to convince herself that Danielle if she was honest. Turning to face the new comer who happened to be George, she smiled at him and gave him a quick hug. "How was Bulgaria?" She began quizzing, wanting to know every single detail of what had happened and how good it was. She personally had never been to the country, but it sounded good and she hoped that George had had a fun time. Someone in the distance who was moving caught Alice's eye and she smiled at them before acknowledging that it was Fayt. Her smile faded slowly, and she turned back to the fun and laughter of her own table, trying to wipe the memory of him away.

George smiled as she hugged him - for two weeks he hadn't felt her touch, and it felt good. But reminding himself that Dannielle was also there, he decided for the reunion with Alice to wait until they were alone. He sat down on the table beside the two girls and started recounting his Christmas holidays: How he had seen all his old friends, how he had eaten a load of turkey and had had stomach aches for a few days after, and so on. All the while he was focusing, though only partly, Fayt Aurelious walking somewhere behind them. Strange as it was, he couldn't get his mind of that one. It's like Fayt had some aura around him.

Trying to get his thoughts on the holidays he was recounting, he continued. When he got to the part when he had departed, he stopped, not sure what to say next. Then, he asked: " How were your holidays? " and waited for their answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back