Outside QQS

Kaleb absentmindedly tugged on his sleeves of his shirt, as Carmen and Merlina talked to a bit. He uttered a short reply about him going to Hogwarts next year, "Yep." Kaleb glanced up at the two girls, and put his arms by his sides. He shrugged, "Eh, my dad works at the school, and my mom is in Bulgaria. I have a huge family, so it is impossible for me to get away from all of them." However, he thought his father had the coolest job ever. An undercover Death Eater. Most wouldn't say that was cool, but Kaleb did in his mind.

Merlina turned to Kaleb trying to size him up and after a moment decided she couldn't but if this girl Carmen seemed to think he was alright then who was she to judge. She just didn't want another run in with the other two girls.
"Your father works at the school, what does he do?" she only wanted to clarify it, he could be anything from the groundskeeper to a professor. It didn't matter to her either way, though she did know her parents were quite particular about who she chose as her friends. Stupid parents, what would they know?!
"Bulgaria? I'm from Italy, the North region Tuscany" she smiled, so not everyone would be from the Southern Hemisphere. Thank goodness for that, she had convinced herself that she would be an outsider at the school but this put a whole different spin on the school entirely.
"Do either of you need to be off somewhere or are you happy enough to grab a bite?"

Kaleb shrugged, "He works as a professor. The Herbology professor, actually." His dad worked as an Undercover Death Eater, but still, he was not allowed to say that. Others could turn him in. And that would be devastating to Kailie, Jaken, and himself. Kaleb added, "He actually is the CEO of the Zhefarovich plant or something over in Bulgaria. But mom is running it while he teaches." Kaleb scratched his head behind his ear as he replied, "Mmm, yeah, I'm from Bulgaria. Italy is an interesting country, although I don't think I went to Tuscany." Kaleb turned his attention to Carmen, and when Merlina asked the next question, he shrugged, "I have nothing to do. What about you, Carmen?"

Carmen smiled and hitched her bag over her shoulder.
"I'm up for anything Kaleb, oh no" suddenly remembering she was on borrowed time as it was Carmen groaned, "I've been out for nearly five hours trying these things out. I really have to be heading back. Sorry you two. Kaleb send me an owl or something now that you're back we so have to hang out again. Em, Merlina it was nice to meet you" checking her watch she gave them a final wave before having to run briskly down the road. She turned around once to wave again and call over her shoulder.
"Be nice to her Kaleb" she stuck her tongue out before continuing on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back