Out of the darkness comes light

Daisie Riverwood

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
15" Almond wood with a stardust core
Grabbing another fistful of tissues. Daisie sobbed into her hands. She had really loved James. More like she did love James. Looking down at her stomach Daisie started to cry harder. Six months pregnant and carrying his son. Daisie felt like her life was over. What was her family going to say? What about her coworkers? Daisie was just so angry. How could he have cheated on her? Not to mention that he had gotten the other women pregnant. She was going to be having a child the same time that Daisie was. They had both been victims but Daisie still couldn't help but blame the other women for some reason. Feeling her little boy kick. Daisie started to cry even harder. What was she going to do?

One of the best parts about it only being September was that there wasn't really much for Cyndi to do. She never gave any big assignments during the first few weeks in school, so she didn't have much to grade at all. And, most of the students were busy catching up with each other so they were usually fairly well behaved. Cyndi found herself wandering the halls actually looking for something to do. As she walked, she heard the unmistakeable sound of someone crying. No, that wasn't true. The person was sobbing, and Cyndi's steps quickened as she reached the door to one of the classrooms that was no longer in use.

Not even bothering to knock, Cyndi pushed the door open and discovered one of her co-workers there. It was Daisie, the very pregnant Astronomy professor. "D...Daisie? Are you ok?" she asked. No stupid. Of course she's not ok. She's sobbing for Merlin's sake, she berated herself as she took a few steps closer to the woman. "What's wrong?" she added, figuring that that was a more useful question. She hoped it wasn't anything with the baby.

Daisie felt a rage building inside of her that she had never felt before. Normally she was a happy go lucky person. She always had a smile on her face and a kind of word for someone. But not today she was angry at the world. She wanted someone else to hurt like she was hurting, but yet Daisie knew that she wasn't a mean person. Even if she tried she would be unable to hurt someone else's feelings. Well maybe James. Yea Daisie could punch him in the face right about now and she wouldn't feel bad about until maybe a week or even a month down the road. Wondering how she was even going to raise her son without James, set her off again. Her mother had done it but Daisie had always hopped that she would have James by her side for the rest of her life.

Hearing someone walk in and call her name. Daisie looked up tears still running down her cheeks. She knew that she looked a wrack. Her makeup was running and her nose was all red. Not to mention the puffy eyes. Man she was a sight. "No I'm not okay. My life is falling apart." Daisie said in one breath before pulling more tissues from the box and letting the other ones fall to the floor. Trying to stop crying Daisie took a long deep breath. There you go Daisie. Get a grip you can do this. Wondering just how she was going to be able to explain what was wrong Daisie shook her head. "James was cheating on me. Pretty much the whole time we where together. Even got the other girl pregnant." Daisie said crying into her tissues once more. What had see ever done to make James treat her like this? Oh and she couldn't forget about the other girl. How she had laughed at Daisie and acted like she was god's gift to the world or something. "James is nothing but a lie and a cheat and the other women what a witch. Thinks shes little miss perfect or something. Couldn't have been more than eighteen." What was her name? Daisie just couldn't remember it for the life of her. It had been something pretty just like her. Ugg just thinking about the girl made her cry harder. "Real snoby thing. Said her name like it should mean something to me. Eden Toshiba. No that's not right. I think it was Eden Koshiba." Daisie said trying to think really hard about what the other women's name was. "Oh well doesn't matter the little witch can have him." Daisie said bitterly.

Cyndi wasn't surprised by the woman's response even before she spoke a word. The tears streaming off of her face, the running makeup and her red nose were more than enough to indicate that things weren't alright. The professor listened, allowing Daisie an opportunity to let it all out. Cyndi noticed that there were some tissues littering the floor and she took out her wand and silently cleaned it up. When her colleague began to tell her exactly what was wrong, Cyndi couldn't help but feel angry for the woman. She'd unfortunately had some experience with being cheated on. She couldn't imagine going through the emotional turmoil that came with going through such an experience with the added burden of being pregnant. She shook her head sadly. When she heard that the other girl was pregnant too, a disgusted expression crossed her face. She'd never liked James and what she was hearing was certainly not changing her opinion of him.

"Oh Daisie...I'm so sorry" she said softly as she stepped closer and placed a hand on the woman's shoulder. Cyndi didn't think that the pregnant should have to be going through any of this. Her pregnancy should have been a happy time for her. She listened as the woman explained how she had discovered that he was cheating and she patted Daisie's shoulder as she did. When she heard the name of the other woman, she stopped for a second. She couldn't believe that her former student who'd she long thought of as a bright girl would end up pregnant and with a man who had gotten another girl pregnant. She would have expected better of her former student. Not of James, of course. She didn't expect anything from him. "I can't even imagine what you must be going through now. You're right about one thing though. Just let her have him...and deal with his cheating. You shouldn't have to deal with that. You deserve better than him." Cyndi didn't know Daisie all that well, so she hoped she was saying the right things.

When Daisie had first entered the classroom she had hoped that she would be able to cry alone and feel sorry for herself. But when Cyndi had come in and showed her that someone in the big school cared about her. It made Daisie stop to think if she had ever showed another Professor here at the castle just what kind of person she was. Sure her students knew that Daisie was always around to offer support when it was needed. A hug or smile when the student seemed close to giving up. But she had never been that kind of person with her co-workers. If James had done one good thing for her it was coming out now. Daisie was going to start coming out of her tower more and be more friendly.

Looking up at Cyndi, Daisie wiped her eyes with the tissue. "Thank you Cyndi. You don't know how much this means to me and to Jason." Daisie said pointing to her stomach that was holding her now sleeping son. As angry as she had been she was now calming down. This was nothing new to Daisie she could never be angry or sad for to long. It wasn't in her personalty. She could always find the brightside no matter how dark the situation was. "It sucks that's for sure but James gave me the greatest gift in the world. I am going to raise his son to be nothing like his father." Daisie said thoughtfully. Thinking about the other girl Daisie could see the hurt in her eyes now. How she had been just as shocked to see Daisie as she had been to see the girl. "You know Cyndi, I don't think she knew about me. Thinking about it when I told her who I was she looked up I had slapped her." Wondering if there was ever going to be a way for the two women to come together if only for the sake of the babies. Daisie would wait until after Jason was born and try to contact the women from there.

Cyndi leaned against an empty desk that was beside Daisie as she listened to the pregnant woman speak. The young woman didn't really interact with many of the professors. She greeted them most mornings and made small talk when necessary, but with her duties as deputy headmistress and Head of Gryffindor House, free time was scarce. Still, she knew that she should make more of an effort to speak with her co-workers, especially since most of them were really nice people. Cyndi was pleased that her small gesture seemed to mean so much to the woman.

"Jason? You're having a boy? That's great" she smiled softly. Even though she had been married for a while and knew that she wanted to have children, she really was in no rush to have her family grow. The married woman was more than content with it just being her and her husband. She wasn't exactly sure how her husband felt about things though, which was something that concerned her a little bit. It seemed that babies were all around her these days, and she couldn't help but wonder if it was a sign. Shaking her head, Cyndi couldn't believe that James could do that to not one but two women. "Wow...I feel terrible for both of you. It's just not right. James is a jerk" she said seriously.

Cyndi remained quiet for a few seconds, having a great deal more to say about the man but not really wanting to. Instead, she chose to change the subject. "How far along are you Daisie?" she asked curiously.

OOCOut of Character:
So sorry it took me so long to reply :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back