mortician • arithmancer
OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Whippy Vine Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
OOCOut of Character:
This is a Fanfiction that I thought about when Teigs said Patrick wanted her basically. Adrian gives Patrick's wife, Camilia, a visit with the intention of seeing why Patrick is so displeased. It goes a bit differently. Comments and questions are welcome. :)

Adrian Maley stepped in front of the Cavanaugh door. With a hand on her hip, she knocked on the door. She was here because she needed to make a decision. She needed to know why Patrick was so bored with his wife. She did not even know the woman's name, and here she was at her front door. Adrian rolled her eyes and sighed as she lifted her hand once more to knock again. But, the door opened, and she saw the face of Camilia Cavanaugh. Adrian thought that the woman would look worn and tired, but she was a beauty. It was rare for her to give the living compliments. She was used to her lovely dead companions. "Who might you be dear?" the woman asked politely. Adrian folded her arms over her chest. It looked as if she had beef with the woman, but she did not. Adrian was a bad communicator, not that she would ever admit it. "I am here from the Daily Prophet to interview you about the new broom Thunderbroom is coming out with." she told the woman. She needed a way to get into the house. She would have just said, "Your husband wants to sleep with me, but I want to meet you first," but, she took pity on the woman. Men like her husband were no good. The thought to kill the man had crossed Valen's mind multiple times, but she did not want to take away a loved one from someone. She would never inflict such pain on anyone else. She would much rather take someone no one cared about out of this lonely world. "Patrick never told me you were coming, but do come in, please." Camilia invited Adrian in with a smile. Adrian gave the woman a curt nod before she walked into the Cavanaugh's sanctuary. She slipped off her heels and placed them at the doorway. Camilia attempted to tell her she did not need to do such a thing, but Adrian simply gave the woman a hand. "This is your sanctuary. I will respect it." she interrupted. Adrian may be malicious, but she was respectful. She would never disrespect someone else's home.

"Is there anything you want to drink? We have wine, tea, champagne, water- shoot, we even have juice!" she offered. The necromancer was feeling like something sweet. Strawberry milk. She wanted strawberry milk. "Strawberry milk." she told the woman, and she took a seat on a sofa in the living room. She heard the woman giggle. "You do not look like a woman to order something so childish, for lack of a better word, my dear." the woman answered before she headed off to fill Adrian's order. She did not mind Camilia's words. There was something from the woman that she wanted. Valen did not know what it was, but this woman definitely had something to offer her. Men did not understand the power women had. Once a woman was stirred the wrong way, it was as if you'd just stepped foot into Hell. Camilia was a woman that was suffering with a cheating husband. There was no way that the woman did not know of her husband's actions. No woman was that dense.

Adrian looked around the living room. It was very exquisite. There was even a piano. The chandelier was made from the purest crystals, and the room looked so modern. It was spacious and earthy. Valen ran her hand on the arm of the sofa. The texture that the embroidery made was gentle to the touch. It had a crisp and fresh feel. Adrian breathed in the air. She closed her eyes and took in the smell of the dirt the flower pots contained. She breathed out smoothly and opened her eyes. This home was intoxicating. Camilia rushed back and held out a tall glass of strawberry milk to Adrian. She looked up at the woman and saw a smile. Camilia was so radiant. Adrian was looking at the woman so intensely, Camilia had to move the girl's hand so she could take hold of the glass. Patrick was an idiot. This woman was so full of something she had lost touch with a long time ago, life. "This must be your first interview. I assume you write for the Quidditch section, yes?" she questioned Adrian and took a sip of her water. Valen placed her glass on the coffee table. Camilia had taken a seat on the embroidered chair across from her. Adrian knew that she had lost the power she walked in with. The look on the woman's face was mocking. She was going along with the game. Adrian scoffed. This woman was smarter than she looked. "Your home is nice." she stated. She was avoiding eye contact with the head of the household.

Adrian began to wonder why Patrick was the CEO of Thunderbroom. The position was clearly meant for Camilia. This woman was pure, yet she was not going to let herself be taken advantage of. "How long have you been sleeping with my husband?" The necromancer was taken aback at the woman's bluntness. Adrian fixed her posture and cleared her throat. No one had been able to do this to her. She had to try and keep her composure. She did not want to get angry at the very woman she was starting to think well of. "I have not slept with him. But, he is very persistent." she explained to the elder woman. Camilia nodded, and Adrian felt like she should not open her mouth until the woman said to do so. She licked her lips before she spoke again, "I wanted to know why, why he does this to you. Even if there was a proper reason, his actions are still despicable, and divorce is a much better option than cheating while in a commitment." Camilia took another sip of the contents in her glass. The woman was thinking. Camilia then shrugged. "What is your name, my dear?" she asked delicately. How was this woman so in control? Adrian could not understand. She did not understand how this woman was not already going for her hair or sending out curses. She told the woman that she was Adrian Maley. Camila nodded, and she stood up. She walked around the table to Adrian. She slowly bent down and took Adrian's hand in her own. "Adrian. You are going to do many things, good or bad. Why are you here asking for my permission? the woman questioned sternly. To a onlooker, it would look as if the woman was comforting her, but she was not doing such a thing. She was asking why her time was being wasted.

"If you have any plans for you husband, I would assist you. If you are going to kill him, I would execute the order. If you wanted to make him disappear, I would drag him down. I know that you do not like being used merely for face. No one likes being pushed to the side and cheated on." she answered. Camilia deserved so much better. She did not deserve to be cheated on by her husband. Patrick was a menace. He needed to be taught a lesson. He needed to be punished. Camilia chuckled. "Do you want me to kill him?" she asked. Valen would be more than willing to take the man's life. The feeling of death had become numb to her. She felt nothing when anyone died. Camilia surprised her with a loud and amused laugh. It was scary. Adrian attempted to pull her hands away from the woman, but Camilia tightened her grip. She slowed her laughing to a stop, she looked at Adrian in her dull silver orbs. "Death is not the worst thing that can happen to a person, my dearest girl. It is feeling dead while you are living that is worst than death itself," she paused briefly. She began to pet Adrian's hair affectionately. "I have always wanted a daughter." she said before she stood up and collected both of their glasses. "You go on ahead and stop giving him a hard time. Just make sure you visit often." she turned her head and winked at the girl before she disappeared into the kitchen. Adrian took this as her cue to leave. Adria stood up and walked to the doorway. She slipped on her shoes before she took a last look at the earthly home. She began to smell a sweet fragrance. Adrian walked out of the Cavanuagh sanctuary, and she apparated to Bleak Street. It was time for her to go to her own sanctuary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back