Out For A Walk

Kali Paytah

Wand
Yew wand, 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kali had decided to finally get out of her dorm and go outside for some fresh air. As she steped out the sun was not shining as brightly as she would have liked but it was better than nothing at all. Taking a deep breathe she could only smile. How much she really loved the outdoors but lately she hadn't been able to enjoy them. It was just with everything, her grandmothers death, classes, and her need to be anti social, it was hard to ever get outside. Now that was all changing. Kali considered herself a new person.

Walking along the lakefront Kali just enjoyed the view. Stopping next to a very big tree, Kali leaned up against it her eyes just glancing at the lake thinking about how much fun it would be when it did indeed frost over.

Alex had been running but now slowwed to a walk, looking at the lake. He got his breath normal in a cople of seconds before smiling. He saw everyone in groups not really wanting to join them. He observed them, slipping his hands into his pockets and just strolling on the lakefront before noticing a girl who seemed on her own. Finally, not a group, he thought. He started walking in the direction of her before smiling. 'HI'he said. 'Wanting any comapny?'he asked smiling.

Kali was keen on looking at the lake, images of some ice skating moves she would be able to pull off when the lake was finally iced over and the winter had come. Though in the back of the mind, Kali wondered if she would be any good at skating. After all it was hard to forget a talent but it had been awhile since she practiced. Like riding a bike you will never forget Kali thought as she heard a voice that knocked her out of her thoughts, a male voice.

Turning her gaze to the boy that had wondered over his hands in his pockets, Kali flashed him a small smile. "Hey" She said not remembering his face though really Kali didn't know many people anyway. "Company is always nice" She said "I'm Kali" She added thinking that she might as well introduce herself.

Too true. Alex agreed with her saying. Alex smiled back. 'Alex.So how are you?'Alex asked her.

Kali looked at the boy's face as he introduced herself. She was really trying to put the name with the face. Ever since she was young, Kali could never really remember names and faces though she did try and try. Maybe as she grew older she would be able to but as of now it still took some time. "Nice to meet you Alex" She said as a piece of her black hair feel into her face covering a bit of her right eye.

"I'm good enjoying the day before it gets too cold" Kali admitted. "What are you up to?" She asked her voice casually as if she had known Alex for awhile. Maybe that was just because Kali was more at ease around people even people she just recently met.

Alex smiled. 'I was doing some training but not really doing anything now. Just getting fresh air you could saym,'Alex answered. Alex smiled looking out at the lake. That water looks so tempting to ruin. It's so..flat.

"Training?" Kali asked not knowing what the boy could be training for Possibly some sort of sport that Kali was not aware of or maybe he was training for quidditch or maybe just for his health. Either way she was curious. She was a ravenclaw after all curiousity just seemed to fit this thirteen year old girl.

As Alex's gaze followed to the lake, Kali's did as well. It was so peaceful now that the waters were not plagued with little students. Sure Kali had watched the lake from the common room window all the time, students always swimming and hanging out with the mermaids and such. Though deep down she thought it looked like fun though Kali would rarely admit that.

"What year are you in?" Kali asked curiously.

Alex smiled, looking back at her. 'yeah, training. I'm planning to compete in the Olympics one day. Long distance running.'Alex said thinking it waas a pretty stupid plan for himself now. 'I'm in 5th year. You?'He answered simply.

Kali listened as he said he was training for the Olympics. "That's really cool" She said truthfully. Alex was already thinking about his future and Kali was clueless as to what she wanted to do. yet she still believed she had time. After all she was only a teenager and just that as well. she had years to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. It was just nice to see someone else planning.

"Oh I'm only a third year" Kali said shrugging slightly. "ravenclaw" She added. It wasn't a big deal, third year that was. After looking forward to it, it wasn't too grand. Yet in some ways Kali loved the newly created freedom of chosing classes and such. Looking out over the lake once more, Kali could only smile as more images of ice skating and such popped into mind. oh how she couldn't wait for winter even if it meant the cold and the use of puffy jackets that made her look like a walking, talking marshmallow.

Alex shrugged at her comment though inside he was quite happy. She thought it cool. Maybe it isn't so stupid afterall. He smiled. 'So what classes did you end up choosing?'

Kali smiled as Alex brought up classes. "Well I'm taking Muggle Studies and Divination" She said though she would probably not care for Divination too much. Sure she loved to know about the future but probably not the ways that the Divination Professor would teach it, more the ways that her grandmother had taught her, the native american ways.

"What classes are you in?" She asked her eyes glancing from him to the lake to him once more.

Alex smiled, wondering if she actually had fun in Divination. Probably not. 'I took Care Of Magical Createurs. Great fun'Alex answered smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back