Out for a Walk

Skyle Anne Irene Darnelle

OOC First Name
Annie
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Skyle was taking her baby cousin for a walk. She hated being stuck up in the foster home all the time. So had taken baby Kairi out in the stroller. She was getting a lot of weird looks sent her way, but she understood. She was wearing one of her more gothic outfits and pushing a baby. It wasn't her baby though so she didn't care. It was her dead aunt Sarah's and she was happy to be able to be the one who took care of her. But it was hot out and the baby was probably hungry, it was lunch time. So Skyle sat down at a bench and pushed back the baby awning, and took out a bottle mixed with baby cereal that she had made up before they left and gave it to the baby. She was old enough to hold it but she had to help her a little. Then she thought about what she was doing. A normal 13 year old shouldn't know how to do this she thought. But then again she'd never been a normal girl.

Joshua was enjoying the time that he had out side of school. He was also enjoying the single life that had come hi way recently. It meant he could have quick and meaningless flings with people which he thought was great at the moment as it meant very little commitment was need on his part. He and Kenny had been close but all good things have to come to an end and what was the point on dwelling on the past when he had his whole life a head of him. As Josh thought he decided to sit down on a bench. Once he had sat down he saw a young girl with a baby next to him. Joshua loved kids and he wondered if the girl needed any help. "Hello. Your a bit young to have a kid, wow kids thses days." He joked as he rolled his eyes. Only joking dont worry about it. Im Joshua. He said to the girl with a grin on his face

Skyle was s absorbed in what she was doing she didn't notice when a boy sat down next to her. Skyle looked up when he started talking. She smiled, "I'm Skyle, and she's my little cousin." She really didn't mind the joking she was used to it because she had been around Adam so much. She was actually kinda happy that someone was talking to her. She hadn't been able to have much of a social life while taking care of the baby. But Sky didn't mind she loved little Kairi so much already. "But she might as well be mine, I take care of her."

Joshua nodded as he listened to her say that the baby was her cousin. He thought it would hae been some sort of relation along those lines. Even he could tell that she was very young, too young to be having kids that was for sure. "Cute cousin. I love kids, wouldnt really want any of my own though im happy to look after other peoples." He laughed as he ran his hands through his hair. "So how come you take care of her so much and not her parents?" He asked as he got from what she said that she looked after the child a lot. He hoped he wasnt being too nosey. "Sorry if im poking my nose where it doesnt belong. Dont answer if you think i am." He said to her

Skyle paying attention to Joshua and the baby smiled, at the first part. She had always loved kids but on the other hand she wanted to have her own sometime. Skyle thought about the pros and cons of telling him, but she wanted to tell him. She felt as if he would understand. "Thanks, Well her parents died the night she was born, her mom giving birth and her dad from Krons disease. They were my Aunt and soon to be Uncle... So I kinda got stuck with her because my parents are dead too." She looked down at Kairi she was so sweet and innocent. Skyle thought about what she'd said, her dad was alive, in the mental hospital but he was dead to her anyway. "I'm sorry I shouldn't be dumping my life story on you we just met, but I miss having someone to talk to."

Joshua frowned as he listened to her. He wouldnt have said anything if he had known that before hand. He would have thought that Skyle's parents would have looked after her too. He wasnt sure if he should say anything now. "Oh dont worry i have been told im a good listener so you can say what you want to me."He laughed. "But wouldnt your parents look after her or if not how come social services havnt been informed?" He asked wondering what her home life was like.

Skyle looked at him and half smiled. "My parent's would have I'm sure. And we've been going from foster home to foster home. But not many of them have been prepared for a ten month baby in the house." She took the empty bottle from Kairi and but it in her bag. "We've been tring to get adopted together, but not many people want three kids. I forgot, my cousin Angela she's my age she's orphaned too." She shook her head. "I mean what are the odds, and god only knows what happened to my best friend Kala. Her brother was her only living relative and he was my soon to be Uncle who died. It's just like death evert where we go. It's not fair." She looked up at him. He couldn't understand she thought but the look in his eyes told her he did.

Joshua listened to her, not interupting. He couldnt try to understand what it would have felt like to go through what she was saying but he knew someone who had been in the same place, his family was dying and he had gotten depressed. Although he didnt have a baby to worry about. "Well i cant say that i know what yourgoing through but i do know someone who would well with the people dying part not the adopting part but his ex girl friend may know about that." He said thinking about the two, he didnt have any contact with the pair any more so couldnt ask for their help. "I bet you feel better for saying that to someone thought." Joshua said with a smile as he thought about how he always felt better when he shared his problems with people

Skyle flashed him a true smile. Now that she was more comfortable him she was being more like her old self. "Yeah I've never told anyone before." She felt more like a 13 year old girl than she had in a long time. But then Kairi started gurgling. Then she remembered she had forgotten to burp her and did a face palm. She picked her and a cloth up for her shoulder. After a few pats, she got it, and Skyle couldn't help but laugh. After she put the towel up she held on to Kairi. "Do you want to hold her?" Skyle knew Angela would be horrified. She hardly let the foster familys hold onto the baby let alone someone she just met. But Skyle knew Josh would never hurt her.

Joshua nodded as he reached for the child. " Yeah sure why not. I have been told im good with kids." He said as he bounced the aby on his lap and smiled at her as she grinned back at him. He loved kids but he didnt think that he was good with them but everyone else said he was. Apparently judging by this little ones reaction he was. "So how many foster have you been in and do you think this one will last?" Asked her curiously as he looked away from the baby but kept holding her up

Skyle looked at the smiling Kairi and smiled. "Well this is our seventh foster family. But there are supposed to be two family's that we haven't met that are interested in adoption that are being screened, so you never know." She looked from the baby to Josh. "She like you ya know she really doesn't take to people so fast." Skyle looked at the sky and the bright sun. It was weird that she never got tan as much as she was outside, but she sure did burn like crazy.

Joshua thought as he looked at the baby in his grasp. Since Morgan had left the family and the rest of the older family had left to do their own thing it was just him and his parents in the large house and little to their knowledge he had heard their conversation saying thats they wanted to adopted and he thought with a smile. "You know my parents are thinking of adopting. You could try them out, at least you will know me before any thing." He said with smile as he threw the baby up out of his hands slightly then caught her again, laughing with the child.

(Oh sorry i thought i had logged into Joshua) :doh:

(Oh man... That would have been cool if you did adopt them, but I just got Summer to lol, and no problem I've done it before.)

Skyle smiled at him, that had to have been the nicest thing anybody had said to her. "Oh really, that would be amazing." Her eyes glittered at the idea. Not having to move all the time. It would be nice. Especially if they were willing to take all three, even though Angela and Skyle were so old. Plus the other family's that were interested. Her luck just kept getting better and better. She looked as he tossed the baby in the air and caught her. He would be a good big brother even if his parents didn't adopt them. She hoped they could still talk if they didn't.

(oh right dont worry about it, if its damien then Laura will be looking after them anyway and she is mine haha)

Joshua smiled widely at her when she seemed happy about it. "Cool well i will talk to them tonight but no promises, my parents can be stubborn, well i guess i can too." He laughed. "But its only if this next foster home doesnt work out i mean you never know this could be the one for you." Joshua said to her with happiness in his tone. If he had been older and more mature then he would have adopted but he had only just turned seventeen and there was no way that he was ready for that sort of thing yet

Skyle grinned, "Oh course, I know better than to get my hopes up." But she smiled anyway. It was nice to know that someone wanted them, whether he could talk his parents into it or not. She looked over Joshua she knew he had a good heart and that he would try his best to talk his parents into keeping them. Even if it didn't work out though she would like to stay friends with him. He seemed nice and all her old friends still went to school. She really wished that she had to but she had had too and she missed school all to much.

((Yeah it was Damien lol))

(happy birthday :hug: )

Joshua scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as she said she knew better. He found it quite sad that she wouldnt get her hopes up at a new hope but he guessed after you have had so many they all seem the same. Not that Joshua would know he had his family there for him and until recently he had had a boy friend by his side but not any more, Kenny had moved on with someone else and Joshua wanted a girl now to have a change in scene but this girl was too young so friends was the option. "You know you should always keep hope up i mean this could be the one that you stay in and grow up with your cousin in and be loved. You never know." Joshua said with a smile on his face to show that he believed what he had said.

((Thanks :)))

Skyle looked at him and nodded. "Yeah it just gets old after a while." She smiled, "But you never know you could be right." She hoped he was right but third sure wasn't the charm so who was to say that seven was? She really didn't care as long as they got adopted soon. And if she couldn't if Kairi and Angela could at least, and for those two to stay together was all she asked. She didn't care about herself, she would be okay as long as she had a roof over her head. Not much could really bother Skyle anymore, she just wanted the best for her family. But if possible she didn't want to be separated from them either. It was all very complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back