out for a fly

Jasmine Green

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
In seeing in was a beautiful day, Jaz had grabbed her Scarlet Streak and hurried out for a fly. She was trying to improve her flying so that she could try out for the quidditch team next year. She really hoped that she would be able to get in. She had been told, that she was a natural on the broom, and along with this, she loved to fly. The feeling of freedom and peacefulness was pretty awesome.

She arrived at the pitch, smiling she swung her leg round the broom and kicked off. She did a couple of slow laps, then tested to see how fast she could go. She leaned into the broom, her adnerline pumping. Wind was rushing past her ears.

She pulled up to stop, hovering in the air. Then slowly came down to land.

Imogen woke up early that morning and was very glad to see it was a lovely, lovely day. Immy was glad it was summer. If it had been winter she didn't think she'd have been able to do the exams, well the flying one at least. Immy quickly put on a pair of dark denim shorts and her favourite White gryffindor t-shirt. Imogen quickly tidyed her hair with a red ribbon and headedout the door.

Walking down the corridors Imogen wondered what she might do. There was no way she'd go the library or do anything which meant staying indoors. Immy didn't really feel like sitting down and staying still either, so that kicked sitting by the lake out. The only thing left for Imogen to do was go to the pitch. Immy didn't mind this at all, in fact she loved flying. She walked quickly past the great hall and out down the grounds to the pitch.

Imogen still did not have a broom, so was still borrowing one from the school. Soon, she promised herself. Immy walked out onto the pitch and say that someone else had the same idea as her. The girl flew well, very well. Immy thought the girl flying was amazing. As the girl flew down to the ground Immy moved towards her. As she approached she recognized the girl as someone she knew well, a friend, a fellow Gryffindor. Immy smiled brightly at her friend.

"Hey Jaz, you're really good at flying." imogen said with the widest smile. "like a natural. Like you were at skating." Imogen said in reference to the last time they met.

Coming down to land, Jaz noticed some one else on the pitch. Panting ever so slightly, she looked more closely, as the person looked familar. She smiled warmly as she recognised the familar face, Immy.

"Hey Jaz, you're really good at flying. Like a natural. Like you were at skating."

Jaz's smiled got a little bigger

"Thanks Immy, thats really sweet of you" she paused "But then again your really nice, so you know" she gave Immy a smile "I guess I got the balance from the skating or something, I dunno, I just love flying" she then finished. She noticed Immy had a broom in hand.

"So your off for a fly to! I bet your good as well, do you think that you will try out for the team next year?" Jaz asked, then suddenly smiled "We can practise for the tryouts together if you want, like give each other feedback"

Imogen smiled and nodded. She was generally a nice person but blushed politely when told. It was alway better to be nice and kind rather than horrible to everyone. Immy nodded again, she thought it would be a good idea for them to practice for the tryouts next year. Immy knew she'd be in competition with others and they'd all be very good but Imogen thought she might be in with the chance.

"I don't know, if I think I'm good enough then yes I will." Immy said with a smile "Yeah that sounds cool. Shall we watch from the air? And would like to go first?"

"I'm sure your good enough" Jaz encouraged with a smile.

"Sounds good" she then replied "But, you go first, cause I've already had a fly round, if it was me I'd want to get out and fly" she smiled at Immy.

Immy smiled gratefully. She really wanted to fly and here was her greatest chance. Imogen got onto her broom and gracefully kicked up off the ground. She hovered slightly above her friend before deciding that she do a first lap at a comfortable pace. Imogen flew round. Doing the lap comfortably. Once she was back at her starting position she motioned for Jaz to fly up.

"Come on up. I think you get a better view of a flier from above." immy shouted down to her friend.

"Good idea" Jaz yelled back, climbing onto her broom and pushing off from the ground. She paused when she was at Immy's level and said

"Nice flying!" then smiling she speed above ready to watch, she hovered when she reached the right place, giving a thumbs up to Immy, as if to say go!

Imogen smiled as Jaz flew up to join her in the sky. She was really happy in the sky. She nodded slightly and then flew around the pitch, once at a really quick pace and then once at a slower pace. She once again stopped in front of Jaz. She smiled brightly.

"Your go." Immy said with a bright smile.

"Kay" Jaz replied, smiling back at Immy.

She started at a slow pace, for her first lap, then she began to get faster and faster, feeling the adrenaline pumping round her. She absolutly loved to fly, she slowed down again to hover beside Immy.

""

Imogen watched Jaz make her way round the pitch. It was a fast pace and Imogen was glad to watch. her friend was really good at all the sport Immy had seen her do. Some people were just naturally good at sports. Imogen wasn't terrible. She didn't like many sports, but she loved flying. It was more amazing than anything.

"Well done." Imogen said brightly. "You wanna play tig?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back