Out by the lake

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka layed by the lake shore a book on magical thiroy in her hands. She liked her first class though she relised all to late that she had forgoten to put a header on her paper. Great clumsy as ever. She scolded herself but let it die there. She consentrated on what she was reading. It mesioned something called the killing curse though it didn't go into the mechanics of it. Just as well Zazuka really didn't have to stomach to learn then actually proform a spell like that.

Ana-Cole was walking down by the lake. She loved to go outside and relax as she watched the calmness of the water. Ana-Cole then noticed a girl sitting all alone reading a book. Ana-Cole decided that she could use some company. "Hello" Ana-Cole said walking over to the girl. "Mind if I join you?" She asked

Zazuka looked up with a snap of startlement then calmed down. "Yes, if you'd like." She said with a slight smile. It was getting better, her fear of people. No one hand made fun of her in ages now.

"Thanks" Ana-Cole said smiling at this girl. "My name is Ana-Cole" She said introducing herself. Ana-Cole could tell that this girl was a first year, but of what house Ana-Cole did not know. This girl seemed friendly enough though "So what are you up to?" Ana-Cole asked

Zazuka let her see the cover of the book. "I might as well see what I have to look forward to. It tells about the kinds of spells that can be learned but never actually tells you the words. Quite useful for someone just starting magic." She said gently. Zazuka knew that she sounded like a nerd but that never bothered her too much.

"Ravenclaw right?" Ana-Cole said with a laugh "It's ok" She said reassuring this girl that she was not making fun of her in the least. "I've actually never read it Do you suggest it? "Ana-Cole asked trying to keep a conversation hoping that she was not bothering this girl.

Zazuka thought about this a bit. "I don't know I haven't gotten very far yet but if I had to make judgement right now, yes I would recomend it." She said nodding rapedly. "I was so happy when I made Ravenclaw. I'm also a first year and you?" She asked happely.

"I'm a second year Gryffindor" Ana-Cole said proudly. "So how were your first classes?" Ana-Cole asked remembering her first classes her first year.

Zazuka looked down and sighed. "Honestly, it's a bit dull but I'm guessing things will liven up once all the 'hello, welcome to my class.' formality are over. Though I think I've gotten lost twice trying to find my way around the school." She said quickly so as not to make it sound like she was complaining.

"Trust me it will get better and soon you will wish that they were doing the 'Welcome to my class' type lessons again" Ana-Cole said with a laugh. "But about getting lost. I still get lost." Ana-Cole said "But I think I have managed to look at every bit of the school by now" She said

Zazuka laughed into her hand slightly. "Well then there's a good part to getting lost. I don't think I will miss 'Welcome to my class' but I'm sure there are going to be assingments I will lose sleep over. How is it being a second year?" She asked with wide eyes. Her glasses made her eyes looked biger than they really where even then.

"Second year" Ana-Cole said thinking aloud "Well so far it has been nice. I mean no offense but it is nice to be more knowing than the first years" Ana-Cole said "Another year just makes Hogwarts seem more like a second home than it was before" Ana-Cole said hoping to make sense.

"Im sure all the second years feel that way." Zazuka said with a small laugh into her hand. "This place is home to me already." She said laying back on the grass. She loved this place almost as much as she had hated the little town of Willow's Rain.

Ana-Cole smiled as Zazuka leaned back into the grass. "Comfy?" She asked with a small laugh. "I may just have to join you" She said as she laid down in the soft grass. "So where are you from" Ana-Cole asked curiously

Zauzka looked up at the sky and sighed. "I'm from a small town called Willow's Rain. I never really liked it there." She said simply.

"Pretty name" Ana-Cole said simply liking the name of the town. "Bet you are glad that you are now here if you didn't like it there very much" Ana-Cole said wondering why this girl did not like her home place. Ana-Cole loved her home town just not her home for many reasons. Ana-Cole decided not to go in farther with this topic due to the fact that it may be a soft spot for this girl and they had just met. "So......." Ana-Cole began. She felt like she was giving this poor girl an interview asking all these questions but Ana-Cole was for one curious and for two she wanted to keep the conversation going. "Do you have any pets?" She asked

Zazuka smiled at this one. "Oh yes I just got him, Jinx my cat. I'm really looking foward to growing here along side my kitten." She said egerly. Willow's Rain had been like mini Vadican with out the head of the Cathloc religion. Zazuka hadn't not liked it there bacause the location wasn't nice, infact when the light hit the lake Willow's rain was near just right the whole town seemed to light up. No at Willow's Rain Zazuka was a demon child, hell spawn, and other things that apperently where not exsepted there in the little villege. Zazuka had been so happy to get away but talking about the place still brought back the feeling of lonlyness she had gone though in that town.

"Aww a kitten" Ana-Cole said sitting up in the grass now. "I absolutely love cats" Ana-Cole said "I am thinking about getting a pet but I am not quite sure what kind of animal I want." She said.

Zazuka turned to lay on her stomach. "I heard owls are good for a lot of things. I chose a cat becasue I always wanted one." She said with a bright smile.

Ana-Cole listened to Zakuka. "Well I guess I will just have to wait and see what animal fits me" Ana-Cole said with a smile. She did not exactly know what to say so she just laid back in the grass and looked up at the sky hoping that Zakuka would speak up.

Zazuka wondered slightly about Hogwarts and how calm everything was here to her. "What classes are you in and what if you favoret one?" She asked brightly. She hadn't had class long enough to have a favoret but she was sure she would have one soon.

Ana-Cole thought about it. "Well I am taking the normal classes Transfiguration, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and so on" Ana-Cole said rattling off a few. "but my favorite has to be Charms" She said with a smile "That is not saying that I am the best at it at all." Ana-Cole said thinking how sometimes she was just so awful at charms it was unbelievable but she loved the subject so much. "What classes are you taking?" Ana-Cole asked wondering

Zazuka flopped back. "I want to take Transfgurations. I'm taking what I think would be called basic Charms right now which is intresting but anyway. I'm sure your better at it than you say." She said brightly. She had an slightly older friend now so she was happy.

"your haven't seen me in that class" Ana-Cole said with a smile. Ana-Cole wasn't terrible in that class but she was certainly not the best which deep down bugged her the slightest. "Transfiguration is cool I am always afraid that when doing animate to inanimate that I will hurt the poor creature" Ana-Cole said becoming sad just thinking about it. "But anyway" she said more cheerful "Do you have any siblings?" Ana-Cole asked. She liked getting to know people more mostly her friends.

Zazuka looked up at the sky but her mood seemed to drop again. "I have two brothers called Mosis and Gabrial." She said simply. She didn't really like her brothers that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back