Our New Beginning

Alyssa Chevalier

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 13 1/4" Essence of Veela Hair
Alyssa Chevalier gracefully stepped her way through the doors of St. Mungos and let her crystal blue eyes gaze around worriedly for a quick moment. Normally she arrived at the Hospital around this time to begin working her shift for the day, but today was a little bit different for her. Her boss noticed a few days ago that Alyssa hadn't been feeling too well and told her that she would be allowed to take a day or two off to rest up and get better. Alyssa never missed work and every so often she arrived a little late thanks to her and Vincent's issues with learning control when they were around one another. But she always stayed after her shift was up to make up for the lost time. Her boss adored her and wanted to make sure that she didn't overwork herself to the point of exhaustion while she was sick. But as luck would have it the two days passed and she was still feeling as crappy and awful as she was before. This would make it the third day in a row that she had an awful headache, didn't have the ability to keep anything she ate down, and she was so tired that last night she was out before Vincent have even gotten home from work. He even let her sleep too which meant that she didn't cook dinner and they certainly didn't fool around like they did every night. When she awoke this morning, getting sick like she had been every other night, she felt so bad she wanted to cry. But once she felt better and her stomach didn't feel like it was in knots, she went to the kitchen and prepared him a really nice breakfast. French Toast and eggs. Then she made sure that they had their special morning together, apologizing like a thousand times over and over again for being asleep last night instead of spending it with him. It had never happened before and hopefully it would never happen again. Especially since Alyssa made herself an appointment. Even though she was a Healer herself she couldn't guess exactly on what was wrong with her. When Vincent questioned about her sleeping all yesterday she just claimed that she wasn't feeling well. Which was the truth because she didn't know what was wrong. Vaguely she suspected that she was either pregnant or she had caught the flu. Today's appointment would confirm it and no matter what it was she would be willing to take it on. Especially since she missed having a good night's sleep, she didn't like neglecting her husband, and she really disliked throwing up all the time. It was gross and un-ladylike. not wanting to make Vincent worried she didn't tell him about her appointment. instead she made sure to sneak him some treats before he went off to work and hoped that when he came home she would have some good news for him. And she would be awake.

It almost felt like she was just coming into work her shift. But Alyssa had been given another day off, only because she desperately needed an appointment. Alyssa's long, toned legs carried her up to the floor she needed to be on and she checked in with a receptionist to see where she needed to go. Thanks to her being a Healer here she knew where all the rooms were. She just had no idea which one her appointment was located in and that she could go right on ahead and head over there. The elderly woman at the desk recognized her and smiled softly before she told her the location. "Thank you." Alyssa said. Her voice was soft and pretty. Turning on her way her heels clicked as she headed down the long hall and around a corner. finally she reached the room and pushed open the door so she could walk inside. Luckily she made it right on time too. Once she stepped inside her petite frame froze when she a familiar in the office. Was that who was going to be her doctor? "Colton?" Alyssa raised an eyebrow as she stared back at the man that was dating and currently living with her older sister. It was ironic but she didn't mind. She heard he was really good at what he did, especially when it came to children. A feeling of nausea started to bother Alyssa and she bit her lip. Why now? Maybe if he had some peppermint candy she could suck on it and fight away the feeling. Hopefully he could tell her what was wrong too because this was getting annoying. Questions rose to the blonde too, now she started to wonder about the man before her and how things were with him and her sister.​
<i>
</i>

The Healer named Colton Kovac did many things in his office, and he also did many things while he was working there. Most of which seemed to be dealing with pregnant people lately and helping them give birth even though he himself was supposed to be having a baby, though Gabrielle's body could never seem to hold the fetus for too long. He could not say that it did not affect him because it did, and he felt bad and also blamed himself for not having strong enough genes to hold the baby. Colton was in his office, and he saw the type of appointment that he had next, and saw the name Alyssa Chevalier. That sounded oddly familiar, however he had forgotten Gabrielle's sister's married name, so he thought that she was still a Snow, which was why Colton had no issues with being this person's doctor. Colton did not think much of it as he had many other things on his mind. His brown eyes was scanning over what was the issue, and he raised an eyebrow when someone stepped into his office right on time, and then his name was called out. Colton did not look up just yet, but he murmured, "I preferred being referred to as Healer Kovac, but if you feel it necessary Mrs. Chevalier." His eyes glanced up and then he saw the beautiful form of Gabrielle's younger sister. Guilt washed over his body as he felt that he was a little standoffish to her. Immediately he stood up and he bit his lip before he greeted her with a smile, "Oh man, I am so sorry, I did not recognize your married name. So, uh, what seems to be the problems today?" Colton wanted to hurry and dismiss his cold tone from before, because he really did not know who she was by the name alone, but one should have known if they were not so busy as of lately. Colton was just a little overworked right now with his home life, his love life and then there was work.

For a moment Alyssa was unsure whether or not this really was the guy her sister was dating, especially by the coldness he displayed when she said his name. For starters he didn't even look up at her when he addressed her. That always made Alyssa nervous too because it reminded her of her father and how he could never look her in the eye when he spoke to her. Then he replied that he would preferred being called Healer Kovac, and oh what a tone. He sounded just like Gabrielle did sometimes actually. But since she also worked here as a Healer and he was dating her sister she thought that a first name basis thing wouldn't have been too bad or out of the line to do. The blonde opened her mouth to apologize to him for being rude but he lifted his head and her crystal blue eyes met with his brown ones for a brief second. It wasn't hard to see that he looked guilty and mayhaps even a little surprised that it was her that he had just spoken to like that. He was instantly forgiven when he smiled at her and greeted her with an apology. Gabrielle was right when she said that he was adorable for someone as serious and reserved as he seemed to be, she was glad he seemed to lighten up around her though. "Don't worry, all is forgive. I was worried for a moment that you wouldn't remember me at all, or do you only know who I am because I look like Gabrielle?" Alyssa asked with an amused eyebrow. She was very aware of the the fact that she looked very similar to her older sister. In fact only things that were really different about them was their eyes, their height, and personality. Alyssa had dark and crystal-like blue eyes while Gabrielle just had these sparkling baby blue ones. Gabrielle was also very petite when it came to height, as she was about a head and a half shorter than Alyssa was, and she was dainty. Alyssa always moved with Grace while Gabrielle was just dainty with everything she did, like a little Ballerina. The personality was by far the biggest difference between the two. Gabrielle was more quiet and really hated being around tons of people, she looked serious and grouchy more than half the time. But Alyss was more flirtatious and always ended up stumbling over something and smiling. She giggled a lot more too. "Anyways, I beg you to please call me Alyssa. Mrs. Chevalier makes me feel so old. Relax some too while your at it, you look so stressed. " Alyssa giggled softly. She loved the last name Chevalier but when there was a Mrs. in front of it she felt so old because usually no one called her by her last name like that. Besides, her and Colton were co-workers and practically like family so she figured he was close enough just to call her Alyssa or Aly at least to make it sound less formal.

When Colton asked what was wrong Alyssa sighed and cocked her head to the side as she tried to figure out a good way to say her symptoms or what she thought was wrong with her. Since she was studying to be a Healer one would think that she would know this, but it wasn't her area just yet. A moment of thought took place before Alyssa finally decided on what she would tell him. "Hmm, well for the past week or so I've been sick. You know, throwing up, nausea, fatigue, headaches, oh and I can smell everything really well. It's so weird." Alyssa explained as if it were the most important thing he was ever going to see or hear from someone else, like a new discovery. But Alyssa was always like that. But that was how she knew something was wrong, especially because they didn't go away after a few days and symptoms that serious rarely lasted a long time. Which was where Colton came in, perhaps he could help her. "Well I'm think that I might be pregnant, but since I don't know for sure and those muggles tests are stupid, I figured you could help me out here." Alyssa explained as she gained a nervous look on her face, it would probably be obvious to him that she was scared and nervous. She wasn't sure really how she could handle being a mother is she really was pregnant. Alyssa would be happy though, but she just wasn't sure.
<i>
</i>

Colton really felt bad over being so cold to Alyssa, however it was truly his fault that he did not register just who was seeing him today. The coldness that he had was surprising to those that he remembered to be nice too. He did not want to really want to show people just how much of a Slytherin he could really be. He was once a Prefect and a Head Boy, so he did show just how true a Slytherin he was. It was another thing to think one thing about someone and then see them warm and fuzzy. Colton glanced around the office and he hoped that no one would really know that he seemed to have a split personality. Colton brushed his brunette locks to the side and leaned back against his chair. He hoped that Alyssa would not be pregnant, because that would be a slap to Gabrielle's face, because Gabrielle could never keep a baby. It was just harsh if her siblings all around her kept having children when she - of them all - wanted to be a mother and she could not seem to get one. Colton wondered if he was the problem, and began to really doubt himself. Plus having to hide his feelings for Gabrielle was getting to him as well, because he did not know who would not tell her and risk losing everything that he worked so hard to gain. A subtle smile crept onto his face. "Actually," Colton replied softly, "I remembered what you looked like from your wedding. But not your last name." Colton could see some resemblance, and he still thought that Gabreille was the one that appealed to him most when it came to beauty. Hers seemed more natural, which he liked. Alyssa was glamorous, and did not think that he liked that much at all. Alyssa seemed more like the modeling type and Colton was not into that at all. He did not want so much attention at all. Colton thought that there was a great difference between Alyssa and Gabrielle.

Colton nodded once, knowing that he was going to call her that from now on. He did not really treat most people formally unless he thought that they would like it, or they did not give him permission to call them by their first name at least. Colton shook his head and he said, "Alyssa it is. I always look like this, you know, stressed as you call it." However, he was here to talk to her about what was wrong with her, and he would have to do this because it was his job. He would not do anything else or get distracted. Even if he did want to talk about something off the topic. Colton was a midwife, and even though he was a boy, he was good at what he did. He would continue on with his work, as he took pride in what he did. Colton would get to work thinking about what she was here for. Colton listened to her symptoms and it really did sound like she was pregnant. He knew just what to do, and well, he did not blame her for not trusting muggle tests. And he knew just what to test her with in order to see if she was pregnant or not. He stood up and he held up a finger to tell her that he would be right back. Colton went to the place where he brewed a lot of his potions before he came back with a small vial in his hand. He sat down behind his desk once more and he scooted the vial over to Alyssa. "This is a pregnancy test, so just drink it, and if it tastes bitter, you are not pregnant, and if it tastes sweet, you are. Easiest way to tell if you are pregnant or not." Colton leaned against the chair once more. Colton just hoped that if she was pregnant, she would not really mention it to Gabrielle because she would be really rubbing it in, even if it was unintentionally. Colton folded his arms across his chest, as his expression fell into a mask of blank. It was his normal expression when he was around here at least. One would not really see much emotion on Colton's face while wondering around his work area.

Alyssa wasn't able to read minds, nor could she pretend like she was really all that close with Colton or anything. But she was able to sense that he felt really bad about being so cold to her. Guess he really was nothing but a sweetheart deep inside. The coldness didn't really bother her too much though, she was just surprised by it. She was used to people acting like that when she was back in school and went to classes with her Slytherin classmates, they knew how to be cold. The Snow Family was just as well known for being cold and dark. People like that had been around her for the majority of her life so Alyssa was used to dealing with them on a regular basis. To her though, Colton didn't seem like the type that would normally be harsh, cold, and cruel to a person who didn't deserve it. But then again she was basing this off what little she knew about him. A moment or two passed by and the dark haired man mentioned that he remembered what she looked like because of her wedding. It was just her last name that was foreign. Alyssa cocked her head to the side and thought for a bit. Oh he had been to her wedding! She easily remembered that her sister had been dating Colton long enough for him to be around when she and Vincent got married. Oh that was so cute! He had been there to see her get married! "Oh yeah, that's right you did attend my wedding! Well it's awfully nice to see you again! You might have seen me around here once or twice as well, but I rarely ever work on this floor." Alyssa told Colton softly as her ruby red lips curled up into a pretty smile. She had seen him a few times during her breaks but since she rarely ever worked on this floor it was rare to ever catch a glimpse of him or her sister. Then again they were always together and caught up in their own little world so chances are that they wouldn't have noticed her in the first place. That was probably one of the few downsides there was to having your lover work with you. But it wasn't like Alyssa would ever mind, they were so cute together. They both looked like they needed someone in their life. Suddenly Alyssa's curiosity grew. "So how are you and Gabrielle doing anyways?" Her crystal blue eyes flecked over to him and she gave him a brief wink. It was no secret to her that they had extremely strong feelings for one another. Alyssa knew the look, she was in love herself so she knew exactly what that look meant. The difficult part was just having those two realize what it meant. Maybe they had confessed to one another, Alyssa didn't know but she could figure with how shy these two were that they hadn't said a single word to one another about love.

"Thank you. But you should take a break every so often, all that stress can't be good for you." Alyssa told him worriedly, already lecturing him like a mother would do. That was also another big difference between Gabrielle and Alyssa if people bothered to look carefully. Alyssa was very motherly. She was always lecturing people and mothering them while Gabrielle always took it on a much lighter note. In fact she barely let people know she was worried about anything. It mad her seem so much more natural and collected about everything. Alyssa wished she could be more like her sister when it came to how she reacted to things and how easily she was able to grasp things as well. Then again, there was so many things about Alyssa's life that she cherished and never intended to trade away. After her symptoms were described to Colton he stood up and he held up a finger to tell her that he would be right back. Then he went over to somewhere then returned not a moment later with a small vial in his hand. Alyssa watched curiously He sat down behind his desk once more and he scooted the vial over to her. Carefully she picked it up and held it between her fingers. It was a pregnancy test, a really weird once but it seemed less of a hassle than the muggle ones. If she drank it and it tasted sweet then she was going to be a mom, if it didn't then she had nothing to worry about. Nodding her head softly she uncapped it and stared at it for a moment, as if she were deciding whether she really wanted to know or not. Finally after a moment she shrugged her shoulder, uncapped it and took a large gulp of it. Her stomach fluttered with butterflies of nervousness and while she waited she was sure her own thoughts were going to drive her insane. "It taste's....sweet. Ugh it taste's too sweet!" Alyssa gagged and scrunched up her nose before she held the vial away from her. Sure she liked sweet things but that was too sweet for her liking. Then it hit her, since it tasted sweet it meant that she was pregnant? "What happens now?" Alyssa asked timidly as she handed the vial back to Colton and sighed. Of course a part of her was very ecstatic about this, but another part was scared as hell. She didn't really know what she was supposed to be doing. That was the side that Colton was seeing right now too. Hopefully he would have a few answers for her, maybe one pertaining as to what she was going to tell Vincent.​
<i>
</i>

Colton did not realize that Alyssa was used to it, but both being Slytherins, they ought to be acquainted with it even though he was unaware that she was a Slytherin anyway. Colton realized that by this point, he was unsure if he knew that much about Alyssa or any of Gabrielle's family. That was all right though, because she did not know much about his own family. They were all distant, and the fact that he was adopted out and was a mistake... One really had nothing to be proud of and he did not have any full blooded siblings at all. Colton nodded once when she realized that recognized him from the wedding, which he was surprised that she did not really remember. Until a few moments now, and she seemed to think that she worked on the floor and seen him around here. Colton wondered if the pregnancy really sank in to her just yet. Colton shrugged lightly, "Well, workers are workers, and it is nice to see you around here too." Colton was being honest now because he thought that it was good to see her again, because he never really got to know Gabrielle's family, and knowing some of them was good at least. Though Alyssa was part-Veela and then there was Gabrielle who was not, so they were just half-siblings. She only had one full-blooded sibling anyway. Colton never really noticed anything around him really, not while he was working and then there was the part with working with Gabrielle that made him forget about everything else in the world around him. He never focused on anything else while Gabrielle was around him because he was with her all the time, and he would not do anything else. Colton glanced up and heard the question, and he practically ignored it for the time being, because it was not time to talk about him and Gabrielle, she was here for an appointment, not a social call. So he brushed the question aside, and then she said that too much stress would be bad for him. He averted his eyes from hers and shook his head. How can she really want to talk about him when she was here for herself?

"Alyssa," Colton stated, his brown eyes locking onto her blue eyes, "we are here to talk about you and your pregnancy, that is why the appointment was made. We are not here to discuss myself or my relationship with your sister. Talk like that can be saved for when I am not working." Colton was not in any way rude with his tone. But he was stating the obvious, that he did not want to talk about what he and Gabrielle was going through right now anyway. They may be hitting some bumps but he thought that things were going along right now anyway. Then she took the potion and then found out that they were going to have a niece or a nephew, and it felt like a cup of ice cold water. Oh god, that was not going to be good news to Gabrielle. He was roughly reminded if his failure to ever have Gabrielle stay pregnant for too long. Colton blinked his eyes and cleverly hid his bitterness and depression behind a wall in his eyes. He did not want Alyssa to know that he was going through what he was, though he was happy for her. He smiled gently, though it was forced, there was no reason to believe it was otherwise. If it tastes too sweet, Colton thought that it might mean that she is a few months along, but he did not know for sure at least. He might have to ask her to step back to get an ultrasound to see how far along she was. Colton made the vial vanish with a small pop with a wave of his hand and he said, "Guess you are pregnant, Alyssa, congratulations!" At least she was married and in love with someone that loved her back. He could see that when they were married. Well, what does happen now? Colton thought for a moment, before he said, "Well, telling your husband for one. And then there is the option of going back to an examination room to see how far along you are. Like for an ultrasound." That was pretty much all there was to it. Colton was not really asked that question that needed a different answer than what he normally provided that he just given to Alyssa at least.

Alyssa breathed out with a small huff when Colton denied her the chance to talk about him and her sister's relationship. She had been completely ecstatic a moment ago when he said that it was nice to see her around here too because she loved getting compliments from people didn't know so well. It made her feel all giddy inside. But that giddy feeling completely faded away when he denied her the chance to talk about his feelings about her sister with him. A heavy sigh left her ruby red lips and she brushed some of her hair behind her shoulder as she stared into Colton's eyes deeply with her own crystal blue ones. Even if he didn't want to talk about it she felt that there should be something said about it. There was obviously a small bump in their relationship and the blonde knew what it was that was bothering the both of them right now. It once bothered her too. Back when she and Vincent first started to get feelings one another and he had gotten mad at her that summer previously, she remembered feeling like she loved him and it killed her to not know if he felt the same way for her. To her luck he did and she learned that night that confessing was a whole lot easier than suffering with not knowing. Colton and Gabrielle needed to confess before it was too late. "Colton look, I know you don't think I have any idea what's going on but, you and Gabrielle really need to stop messing around and pretending it's not true. I know your in love with her. I can tell by the look in your eyes every time we mention her name. You should just tell her how you feel..." Alyssa glanced down at the floor for a moment and absently found her hand drifting toward her stomach. Although her thoughts were on Colton and her sister, she couldn't help but think about the fact that she had a baby growing inside of her right now. It also made her think about Gabrielle because her sister had lost three babies in a row from what she heard. They were conceived but none of them made it past even the first trimester. Gabrielle seemed to handle it a lot better than Alyssa ever could because not once did she see the icy hearted woman cry or break down. She always appeared strong and calm. Perhaps she and Colton had already discussed what they were going to do and what to do during the situation. But it looked like it bothered him a lot more than he wanted to admit, she could tell just by the way he was reacting about her baby news. "I can tell that she loves you too, and wants to be with you." She added in finally. Her eyes lifted up to Colton once more to test his reaction and see if he looks happy or if he looked confused about all of this. Alyssa spoke the truth. She had seen her eldest sister look the happiest that she had ever been during the past year that she was with him. Gabrielle was not a people person but hell she had even moved in with Colton. They almost had a baby together, three times. They had powerful chemistry and they needed to be together. They just had to get over themselves and admit they loved one another.

"Awh thank you." She wasn't sure how he felt about this because now pretty much all of Gabrielle's siblings were going to be parents except her. But it was nice of him to pretend anyways. Alyssa was more nervous and scared than she was anything else. A baby was exciting news and everything but she wasn't sure how to be a mom. Like how to tell the difference between whether a baby wanted food or it needed to be burped. There was a lot that she and Vincent needed to learn. Which meant they would need advice from others, baby books, all the works because otherwise they weren't going to know how to do anything properly. There was so much to do and so little time to do it in. The biggest on the list of things she needed to do was to tell her husband. It was his baby so he had a right to know over everyone. But how was she going to tell him? "Oh..right. I need to tell Vincent. How should I tell him though? I don't want to overwhelm him or anything. As for an ultrasound, that sounds like a solid plan. Will we know what the gender is then too or will we have to wait?" Alyssa felt stupid for asking all these questions. But he was the midwife so he should be used to all these questions. Plus she was a first time mother so she figured that she would be excused at least this time when it came to stupid questions and answers."One last question, please tell me there is a way to fight his awful nausea! This baby won't let me eat anything." The last one was intended to be a little bit more humorous, but she was being honest about it. There was some things she missed eating that she couldn't eat anymore and if Colton knew any tricks to relieve the nausea, Alyssa would adore him forever.​
<i>
</i>

Colton glanced up in acknowledgement when she huffed out a sigh when he rejected the fact that he wanted to talk about his relationship with Gabrielle. He was just tired of everyone bothering him so much. Everyone was telling him what he needed to do, and all his life he had done everything on his own and in his own time. He had to do what he wanted on his own time. He had done it before and gotten by with everything just fine, and listening to what other people wanted him to do was completely out of his personality and out of his character. Colton did not care how Alyssa wanted him to tell Gabrielle how he felt. She was not really around so much so how in the world did she know? Colton was throwing accusations left and right in his mind, some harsher than others. Colton just kept his eyes narrowed at her blue ones, none of her words really causing any of his expressions to change on his handsome face. Colton had to experience everything on his own, and he wanted to handle his relationship and his issues alone. He did not want to be lectured by some girl, no matter if she was related to Gabrielle or not. He did not want to hear it from her at all. He just did not want to hear it. He tuned her out as much as he possibly could anyway. Colton instead started to shield his eyes even more, slowly becoming more and more like a mask. He did not want to show anything on his face. Nothing at all but a hollow statue filled with coldness. He was getting angrier because he felt like he was being forced into doing something that he really did not want to do, not before he thought it felt right. And now did not feel right at all. Colton was not going to even give her the pleasure of speaking about this anymore because he was not going to say a word on the subject. He couldn't. He just did not feel comfortable talking about how he felt to someone he barely knew. It was not right in his books. Even what her words said made him only sink more into that iron shell that he had hid behind when he did not want people to bother him. And it was nearly impossible for anyone to see past it. His eyes were just walls of chocolate now. Yet they were frozen too, hard to see past. His stiffened face was another sign that he did not want to be bothered by it. He did not want to admit something that he did not want to when he did not feel it right, and he was sure that Alyssa did not feel the same way. Instead of looking like he was feeling something, he looked like he felt nothing, and it was eerie.

Colton was showing his true Slytherin colors when he was doing this, and retreating back behind walls that he normally held up before he had even encountered Gabrielle. It was a good thing that he had not forgotten about doing this when he truly needed it. He just bypassed what she had said and looked down at the papers. He had to write down all the test results and then they would be done if she did not want any other tests done so that he could hurry and get to his next appointment. Never had he felt so rushed to get someone out of here. Colton nodded once and he smiled just vaguely, even though it was forced because of the wall he was behind right now. Colton wanted to be a father more than anything in the world. He wanted to have a kid but Gabrielle was having issues with having a child. It was heartbreaking to think about. All the baby books he had read, everything he had studied, all for nothing except helping others give them what he wanted. Colton hated having to give others that because it was just not fair for him. His brown eyes went down for a moment, and then raised from his seat a little bit to get a good look at Alyssa's physique to see if she would be eligible to see the gender of her baby. She did not look that far along, so it would be a little too soon to tell actually. He let out a sigh and sat back down and said, "Well, I would suggest just using the words 'Vincent, I am pregnant' or hint it. But it does look a little soon for you to know the gender now." Colton looked like she was barely three months along right now. He did not know completely right now, but he would have to wait a bit before giving her an estimated due date. However he stood up from his chair and he scooted it under the desk, and he thought for a moment. He wondered what would cure nausea. He just said simply, "Try saltines." He did not know how that would work at all, but it would be better than nothing at all. He did not know how to treat that because every pregnancy was different with different symptoms and different cures. Colton figured that the most muggle way was saltines, but he had read it in a book and he had overheard it while he was over in some muggle areas with the hospitals, looking at the hospital treatments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back