Oswald Albert Brigham

Oswald Brigham

OOC First Name
Claire
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Sycamore Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
oswald albert brigham
and in the beginning, there were stories; cut, polished, precious like diamonds,
bestowed like heirlooms. but even the rocks, he told me, have lived to see
tornadoes; even the sand has lived to bear the shore on its back.

tumblr_nl4darMYkA1srbywso1_500.gif

there is something true, if you know where to look for it, in every human being;
no man is inherently good or evil, right or wrong, lost or found.

5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png

links & author note

theme && character development
&& aesthetic && relationships

last updated 03/07/2017

5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png

& back to the beginning
</COLOR></SIZE></FONT>
My dad says life is made of stories, and that you shouldn't ever turn down the opportunity to hear one. I think he's probably right, because he knows a lot more than I do, even though I don't like to admit it.

My dad's been on lots of adventures. Some of them sound a bit tall, like the time he and his best friend Ermolai walked into a dragon's lair with only a bar of soap on a string and came out totally unharmed with their pockets full of gold jewellery, but most of the time I give him the benefit of the doubt. It makes him happy to regale me, and even though I don't always believe the tales, they make me happy, too. I like to think of all the awesome things he's done and imagine myself visiting the same places when I'm as strong and clever as he is.

The stories aren't always happy, though. There's the one about my mum, who was more beautiful than a Bolivian sunset. She died when I was only four. I still ask him to tell me about her, sometimes, because even though it makes me sad, I can't remember very much of her for myself. He says she used to sing me to sleep when I was a baby, and that she had a voice like being wrapped in silk blankets. He uses a lot of metaphors like that - or I think that's what they're called. She had curly, dark brown hair and rosy skin that shone in the sun and she was the kindest, most selfless person my dad knew. My dad knows a lot of people, so I think she must have been really special.

I didn't want to move away from England, but my dad wanted to get away from the bad memories there. I felt like I was leaving my mum behind too and I cried a lot. My dad looks after me, though. He stopped going out on as many adventures after that, and I think that's because he was scared that if something happened to him I wouldn't have anybody left. He set up a shop with Ermolai and started selling all the treasures they collected together. I stole a couple of them because I would have been sad to see them go. The rest I don't mind that much about. Actually, when my dad is in the back of the shop, Ermie and I sometimes help sell some things for him.

Ermie is my best friend and partner in crime. He's Ermolai's son, and he's the same age as me, which means we're going to be going to Hogwarts together. I think I want to be in Hufflepuff, like my dad, but Gryffindor sounds pretty awesome too. I hope Ermie ends up in the same house as me. We've been best friends since we knew how to talk, so it will be kind of weird if we're separated.

I didn't think I would be this scared about school. I'm always playing games where I'm pretending to fight dragons or catch villains, and Hogwarts isn't anywhere near as dangerous as that. I think I'm scared because I've never been away from my dad before. He says he'll write, and I know I'll write back, but he says I'll be having so much fun that I'll forget to. It is going to be pretty cool not having him to boss me around any more, although I bet the professors will be even worse!
<i>
</i>
Unsorted Roleplays said:
</FONT></COLOR>
A Wonderful ShopWith Phoebe Holland
In the WindowWith Christopher Elms
[th colspan="2"]Unsorted Roleplays[/th]
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png

hat.png

welcome to hogwarts!
The Sorting Ceremony said:
<FONT font="arial">It was going to be strange, living so far from home. Amazing, but strange. The shopkeeper's son trembled slightly as a professor shepherded him into the great hall, taking care not to step on anybody's toes. He'd seen plenty of magic before, but that of the great hall was everything he'd anticipated it and more. Like many of his fellow unsorted students, Oswald's jaw was slack as he shuffled up to the front of the room, trying to get a glimpse of anything and everything around him. Hogwarts. Was. Amazing. And this was just one room inside it! What would the classrooms be like? Or the common rooms? The excitement thinking about it was nearly enough to overwhelm him, so for now he concentrated on the stool ahead, up to which each student was being called in turn. Before too long Oswald's own name was called, and he made his way eagerly up to be sorted. Would he be in Gryffindor, with the brave and noble? Ravenclaw, where they read books? Slytherin? Or Hufflepuff? His dad had been a Hufflepuff, back in his day. It would certainly be nice to follow in his footsteps.

"You can follow in your father's footsteps in many ways - but your footsteps begin most clearly in GRYFFINDOR!"
<FONT font="arial"><COLOR color="black">
<i></i>

29oqwyw.png

5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png

<SIZE size="100">the wand chooses the wizard
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Sycamore Wand with Fwooper Feather Core said:
Component
Characteristic
How it relates to Oswald
14 inch A little on the longer side of things, wands of this length are slightly more uncommon and not easily forgotten by others.
[td]Oswald is chivalrous by nature, hoping to be remembered for great things as he grows old. [/td] [tr][td]Knotted[/td][td]The knots of this wand's original wood remain clearly visible - earthy, this style of wand is perhaps most traditional and closest to nature.[/td][td]A love of nature and all living beasts suits oswald to this type of wand. [/td][/tr][tr][td]Sycamore wood[/td][td]Known to burst into flames if used too often for boring or mundane tasks, Sycamore wands are suited to adventure and excitement.
[/td][td]Self explanatory; Oswald craves adventure and excitement, and will become agitated if made to sit around inside for too long. [/td][/tr][tr][td]Fwooper Feather core[/td][td]Fwooper feathers make wands that are great for use in Charms and Care of Magical Creatures classes. The wand caster should be warned that they will likely have trouble casting the silencing spell though. If rumors about this wand core are to be believed, it is said to slowly drive the wand wielder mad.[/td][td]Oswald has a keen interest in magical creatures, specifically those reptilian. He is also not easily silenced.[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sturdy[/td][td]A solid wand for any witch or wizard - easy to use, and highly dependable.
[/td][td]Oswald is fiercely loyal to his friends, making him a dependable one. He's also fairly thick skinned, meaning he can provide solid support for those who are troubled.
[/td][/tr]

<COLOR color="black">
6qa4y8.png

5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png
5stars-dark.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back